Say what...new trophy list?

SNACH2497

I don't see any announcement by Limited Run or Special Reserve Games that they'll be releasing a physical copy. Can anyone point us in the direction of that news? Otherwise gonna still assume it's a digital release in an Asian country not named Japan.

3 hours ago, SNACH2497 said:

I don't see any announcement by Limited Run or Special Reserve Games that they'll be releasing a physical copy. Can anyone point us in the direction of that news? Otherwise gonna still assume it's a digital release in an Asian country not named Japan.

Wouldn't that mean there would be an additional language for the trophylist? 

5 hours ago, SNACH2497 said:

The list of languages in the trophy list doesn't include Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, so that's not the case.

29 minutes ago, NewDust said:

"404 Page Not Found"

They're gonna officially announce it tomorrow, but they posted this on NeoGAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1121596&page=343

So no point in really denying it - Broken Age is coming, but we won't have an official announcement until Wednesday. We were going to announce it today but pushed to Wednesday to give DF's PR agency some more time to get the word out through their channels.

The new trophy list is only pertinent to the Vita version. To explain why that is the case - we actually convinced DF to do this with us by volunteering to do the engineering work on the physical Vita release. In order to do this, we had to rebuild and reconfigure the Vita version under our developer account. This lead to new trophies on that version. The PS4 release is a digital-to-disc remaster, which means it's identical in configuration to the existing digital SKU.

It's our hope that we can reinvest the earnings from Broken Age into paying for the necessary minimum guarantees to get Disney on board to allow the LucasArts games. We'll also have to convince Sony for those. If you want to see those happen, supporting Broken Age is a must since that will determine the viability of the LucasArts games. :)

I'm not making any guarantees here on the LucasArts titles, mind you, this is all wishful thinking. We *REALLY* want to release them physically. I honestly think that will be a much easier thing to do if Broken Age is a complete success.

TLDR:  LRG is gonna print a run of Broken Age.  The new list only applies to the Vita copies due to voodoo programming magic.  PS4 users need not apply.  Buy if you want a higher chance of other Lucasarts games on disc.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and guess that their Skullgirls release may be in the same bucket, as well as any other potential Vita titles that Limited Run Games produces.  Oh, and the game is on sale June 9.

2 minutes ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

Sony should of stepped in and merged the trophy lists. If I read this correctly, because the game is recompiled under a new developer account, it produced a new trophy list. Since when is that an acceptable practice?

Since like... ever? When the code is changed, it needs to be re-certified, which almost always leads to new trophylists. Also, Why aren't you happy with a new list. If anything, I wish the PS4 also featured a (the) new list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewDust said:

They pulled the page. here is the leaked image.

Yeah, I figured it must've been a leak.

Anyway, given that this is my least favorite Double Fine game (and I can't import physical games to begin with), I won't mind not being able to stack it.

Due to the nature on how LRG works, this is gonna be a super rare trophy list only available to several thousand players worldwide.  Many buyers are only getting this for collection purposes and probably will never open it.  Even less likely since Broken Age was a free game on PS Plus back in Oct. 2015.

Personally, I applaud that company for giving small games a chance to be released in a form that can be archived for future use.  But on the other hand, since it is not released in a retail environment, I would have to buy it the second it comes out (or wait for their second window) or risk never owning it as at reasonable price.   I'm not a day-one person, I wait until there's a sale.  Only having minutes to buy a game before it sells out for good defeats the purpose of buying a disc IMO.  Might as well get it on PC if I have to go digital.

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:40 PM, cr1s said:

The list of languages in the trophy list doesn't include Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, so that's not the case.

"404 Page Not Found"

Since when is it a be-all-end-all fact that separate trophy list from a different region has to have their native language? 

Happy to hear the announcement of a physical release. It'll be my first LRG purchase. Missed out on the Octadad tie edition that I really wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the PS4 edition was more popular than the Vita, it's still available as of this post. I got 2 sets of the fan bundle - Vita & PS4 copies, plus a Hexipal plush and art book. Can't frigging wait. Congrats on getting your 8th LRG, Dreamcatcher. I picked up Deemo as well, cuz why not. 

• 2 weeks later...

How many copies of this were made? I know the PS4 version had 4500 made but the Vita page on their website doesn't have a number listed. At the time of writing this it seems like I'm the first platinum achiever on PSN (plat % went from 0 to 2.9 when I earned it), so only 34 or 35 of the copies have been opened and played yet.

• Like 1

Seriously? My shipment e-mail was from last night, figured nobody would get it til Monday morning. 

Ffs, did I get screwed over for getting the fan bundle...did you folks get the Vita version alone? 

I don't have a master's in geography, but North Carolina to New York isn't that far away. Did they Uber it to your guy's houses? 

Congrats on being the first to platinum it, Xylobe, hopefully that holds up for you. 

Edited by SNACH2497

7 hours ago, SNACH2497 said:

Seriously? My shipment e-mail was from last night, figured nobody would get it til Monday morning. 

Ffs, did I get screwed over for getting the fan bundle...did you folks get the Vita version alone? 

They shipped my Vita copies on the 11th and they arrived on the 19th, so I guess getting the fan bundle delayed their shipping it.