zoë becomes a trophy hunter. [backlog + plats]

stellanovas

20 hours ago, nenugalimas said:

Thats Sombra from Overwatch. They do look remarkable similar though, maybe overwatch drew some inspiration from V2X.

3 hours ago, ahoyimzoe said:

Yup it's Sombra, but I will definitely check out Velocity 2X!

Never played Overwatch and I don't know anything about it...

14 minutes ago, nenugalimas said:

There's also velocity ultra, the first game in the series. Both are excellent games; I'd highly recommend them as well.

Personally I'd say that while not a bad game, Ultra doesn't come close to the brilliance of 2X. 2X took what worked in Ultra, improved what didn't and expanded it a bit.

I played 2X first though and bought Ultra later on so perhaps Ultra can be enjoyed better by playing it before 2X.

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I'd say that while not a bad game, Ultra doesn't come close to the brilliance of 2X. 2X took what worked in Ultra, improved what didn't and expanded it a bit.

I played 2X first though and bought Ultra later on so perhaps Ultra can be enjoyed better by playing it before 2X.

Yeah, ultra should definitely be played first, I can see it being hard going back to it after 2x. Its a smaller game in almost every aspect but still worth playing.

• Like 1

I got to say that you have some great games on your list. Overwatch will definitely be quite the game to get the plat in as it has you play and get pretty dang good with each player (not talking from experience with the game personally). Assassin's Creed II is a great game and the plat is pretty easy. I wish you the best in your trophy hunting endeavours! ?

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 10:23 PM, ZombHunter13 said:

I got to say that you have some great games on your list. Overwatch will definitely be quite the game to get the plat in as it has you play and get pretty dang good with each player (not talking from experience with the game personally). Assassin's Creed II is a great game and the plat is pretty easy. I wish you the best in your trophy hunting endeavours! ?

Thank you Zomb! It certainly is, but luckily I have loved that game before I started trophy hunting so I know that I can just play for fun and hopefully grab some trophies on the way (as I did last night funnily enough). ACII is definitely one I am wanting to try and plat this year. It is one of my favourite games and I love Ezio (plus I need to halt my brothers bragging rights to it whenever we discuss plats lol).Thank you again for your kind words ^^

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1S8e2716.png

The Walking Dead [ PS4 ]

Whaaaaaat a game! This was fantastic and although an easy plat, I thoroughly enjoyed playing this as it's jam-packed full of excellent storytelling - so much so that I bought it on PS3 too. Although glitchy in places it didn't detract from the gameplay tooo much (at least not for me) This is my second Telltale Game after TFTB and so far my expectations have been high in terms of enjoy-ability - long may that continue.

Another one checked off the 'yet to be played' backlog.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

RLY OVERDUE AND UNDERWHELMING UPDATE LOL:

1S6f28f8.png

The World of Nubla [PS4]

1S45ce3e.png

Energy Cycle [PS4]

1S9945a1.png

Game of Thrones [PS4]

1S54b496.png

My Name is Mayo [PS4]
(don't @ me)

1S83aec0.png

Life is Strange: Before the Storm [PS4]

It's not an impressive update BUT I did manage to complete my goal of 8 plats by 2018 - I got 10!
And I love that since Life is Strange was my first plat, LIS: BTS was my 10th plat!

Honestly - my trophy hunting has taken a hit with my recent addiction to Sims 4 on PC. Combined with a stressful end-quarter at work, being gifted a Nintendo Switch at Xmas, my BF becoming addicted to my PS4 when I got him Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot at the new GT game (made him his own account to stop clogging up my trophy list LOL) and spending almost all of my Christmas/New Year break away on holiday, hunting has taken a back seat. However, new year new me etc etc and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. 

Edited by ahoyimzoe
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

We're back! Better late than never, lol.

I've been home sick this week so been spending some quality time with my PS4.

----

1S59cc20.png

#11 - Energy Cycle [NA]

Got this for $1 on my newly-created NA account, ezpz.

1Scc7f43.png

#12 - Batman

Finally got around to finishing this! Not as entertaining as TOTB or TWD but it wasn't GOT, thank god.

----

Right now I'm trying to work on my backlog - stoked I got over 50% completion and plan to keep it above 50 for as long as I can.

Next goals: Finish/Platinum Life is Strange on PS3 & Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on PS4.

• Like 3