Help with Maestro

4 minutes ago, TechnicalPixel said:

I've been trying to get a fantastic rating on master difficulty. I have a difficult time with keeping my combo. Any useful tips?

There's not much one can say to help you other then just keep trying, try to hit X right when the circle is getting inside the mark, not when it's already inside of it, do the songs over and over again until you can get the handing on the timming. SE actually improved the mini game when compared to the original releases, you need less points now for Fantastic, also the lag presented on the PS3 version is gone now so practice and you should get them in no time.

As someone who hardly played rhythm games I recommend watching a YouTube vid and writing down the order of the song (left, right, center, mashing). That way you can pause after each segment and memorize the order. I found master difficulty very cheap, because the listening part continues when it's time to press the buttons and this helped a lot. Usually when mistiming a note, I'd press the button too early, you need to press when the ring enters the green part around the button.

Besides that, it all comes down to practice, practice, and more practice.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I found that if you can get points for the first clap, then the rest is just rhythm. Learn to press the X button in time to the beat. You can make a few mistakes and still get Fantastic, but the important thing is to get a good combo going, as you get more points after a 20+ combo. Aside from that, it's all practice. Good luck! 

• 1 year later...

I just look at the center of the screen and use my peripherals to  get the circles on the left and right. I also find it helps to use headphones and have no other sounds distracting you. Lastly, I often will bounce  along to the rhythm when I play these types of games, helps focus my brain with my button presses, if that makes sense