One more question about one shot playthrough

maniek515

I'm about to start getting one shot trophy checked and wonder about one thing. Let's say alien grabs me and as soon as killing animation starts, my hp bar goes to 0 so does the game register death when hp bar vanishes OR after the animation is over and I'm at load current/previous save screen? 

You're good as long as you don't wait until the end of the death animation to load your current save. If you do happen to die from and insta death, restart the chapter and make a back up save asap. I died in the last chapter because of an insta death (not a face hugger) started over from the beginning of that chapter and still got one shot and survivor at the end of it.

Edit: if you hear a face hugger and don't see it or know where it's coming from, go ahead and reload your current save and try again.

Edited by Rowdi
Corrections

6 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

So as long as I pause during animation, I can load my current save or still need to go back to previous one? 

When I did my One Shot play-through, the second I knew I was about to die I would quit the game back to the XMB / Dashboard.

Might be a bit overkill, but with this method I didn't have any problems unlocking the trophy. 

I did a little experiment after all. I was getting some id tags i missed in chapter 5 so I let the big man grab me, paused before loading screen and I went for current save instead of previous. At the end of the chapter trophy for clearing it without being killed by alien popped so i guess this method is fine. Anyway thanks for input folks! 

8 hours ago, maniek515 said:

I did a little experiment after all. I was getting some id tags i missed in chapter 5 so I let the big man grab me, paused before loading screen and I went for current save instead of previous. At the end of the chapter trophy for clearing it without being killed by alien popped so i guess this method is fine. Anyway thanks for input folks! 

I know I'm a bit late, but yeah, you can keep loading your current save until that save gets written over by a death. At that point you'll have to use your previous. If both saves are messed up, you can start the chapter over.

• Like 1