Winning the Trial of Power Trophy

continuum67

This trophy has been the bane of my gaming existence for a couple of months now. It is my last trophy en route to the platinum, and I have lost the online draft an unbelievable 23 different times. I play online about an hour a day and am in division 5 with a two pretty decent squads to practice with. 

Two questions for those of you who have won the online draft/earned the Trial of Power trophy...

Number 1: if you remember, what division were you in in FUT (or what game mode did you play most often to practice?)

Number 2: do you think this trophy will be easier to earn when FIFA 18 comes out, or do you think only FIFA 17 gods will be playing the online draft at that point?

Any other general advice (beyond using the glitch) about how to win the online draft and earn this trophy would be much appreciated.

Fifa beasts will probably buy the new game pretty quickly so once 18 comes out it should definitely be easier. My advice is definitely do it on a Saturday or Sunday when most of the good players are playing WL. During the week you're gonna have to get really lucky if you're only a Div 5 player. I'm usually a Div 1 player and it took me like 6 attempts to finally win one. Picking a good team and formation that you work well with is almost 50% of the challenge. Definitely stick to La Liga players and if Ronaldo comes up grab him. IMO he's better than having Messi in case you have to pick between them. Use this website to find what kind of players are gonna suit your formation. I normally like a 4-3-3 or anything that gives me a defensive mid, some width for the sweaty La Liga players and a beast striker up top.

http://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-17-formations-guide/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got the trophy a few hours ago on my first try, i'm at DIV1 at the moment. 

Play the game at night on a weekend, normally all the players will be playing Weekend League, so you won't have many problems. To get the Draft Trophy is way easier when the game launches, after that only people who really enjoy this game mode continues to play, so it's best to do it now than later. I chose to do it today because otherwise i wouldn't be able to find anybody after Futties, the last main event of FIFA, ended. 

Since you still didn't get the trophy, just follow my advice and Aus_Teh_Rage and you will be fine. Picking a solid formation like the 41212 (2), 4312, or the 4231(2) and playing with your team on Defensive or even Ultra Defensive will give you more chances to win it. Just needs a little bit of patience. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 11:23 PM, matigrosso91 said:

Dude, i know that feel. I try at least 20 different times and still i can't win it, it's very frustrating. I'll follow the advices here and see if i'll have luck :(

I'm on 28 if that makes you feel any better. Up to division 2 now and still getting destroyed in the online draft. Best of luck to you.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:23 PM, matigrosso91 said:

Dude, i know that feel. I try at least 20 different times and still i can't win it, it's very frustrating. I'll follow the advices here and see if i'll have luck :(

Count me as another member of the club. There's a fair amount of Fifa players who buy consoles for nothing but Fifa and maybe another sports game or two, combine that with the fairly high cost of entry to even enter a draft and I get the feeling it might be awhile until I can knock this one out.