Hi everybody!!

Miles_Warren

Hey guys,

I've been posting on the forums for the last couple of weeks but I've only come across this "Introduce Yourself" forum so I thought I should introduce (finally!) myself. My name is Miles_Warren and I have been a gamer since I was 8 years old. The very first console I ever owned was the original Playstation which I got for Christmas 1995 and the game I got with it was "X-Men: Children of the Atom".

37850-X-Men_-_Children_of_the_Atom_%5BU%

From there, I went on to play games such as "Final Fantasy VII" through to "IX", "Metal Gear Solid", "Crash Bandicoot" and the original "Grand Theft Auto" series. These games would not only solidify my interest in games but some of them remain my favourite games of all time. In fact, I still consider the original Playstation to be the best games console I ever owned, although I have a feeling Playstation 4 will overtake it once the generation closes...

Logically, the next console I owned after Playstation 1 was Playstation 2 ?  Games released on this console, such as "GTA: San Andreas" and "Final Fantasy X" are in my top 5 games of all time (see list below). In addition to solidifying Grand Theft Auto as my favourite franchise (between PS1 and PS2 this series took one massive giant leap in terms of quality), this console also introduced me to some other beloved franchises such as "Jak and Daxter" and "Dark Cloud".

Unfortunately, when the PS3 was released in 2006 I had just started college and couldn't afford a brand new €500+ console. Not only that, but between the time I had for studying for exams, I could never find the time to play it. It was around this time that I briefly fell out of gaming to focus on college work. I didn't go back until my 21st birthday when my family chipped in and bought me a Wii. This began my love for Nintendo consoles. Up till then I had always been a Playstation fanboy although my brother owned a Game Boy Color and I played Pokemon Red on it. Looking back, while the Wii remains the worst console I ever owned, I never took full advantage of the games that were released on it. For example, I never owned or played "Mario Galaxy" and didn't play the Zelda games that were released on it. Although I did play other Nintendo franchises for the first time including "Super Smash Bros." and, of course, "Mario Bros.".

By the time the Wii U was released I had just started a new job and could afford to buy myself a console rather than relying on other people to buy it for me ? What can I say about the Wii U - it is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Far from it in fact. This probably has something to do with the fact that I didn't make the same mistake I made with the Wii - I actually took full advantage of its games library. It is such a shame that sales were really bad for the system as it actually deserves far better sales considering it is such a great console.

I purchased the PS4 in 2013. I actually had no intention of purchasing the console. I was quite content with my Wii U and I had never owned two gaming systems before. But my friends chipped in for my birthday and bought me a PS4. Needless to say I am glad they did because, as I mentioned before, it is quickly becoming my favourite console of all time. This partly has to do with the trophy system. Let me explain...I had always been a completionist when it came to games. I always had to complete games to 100%, have all the best weapons and armour before facing the final boss etc. I saw trophies as an extension of that. The very first platinum I ever achieved was in Watch Dogs. I quickly became addicted to trophy hunting. The best thing about trophy hunting, imo, is that it allows you to play games you never would've played before. For example, I don't think I ever would've bought or played the likes of "Broken Sword" or "The Escapists" if it wasn't for the trophies but these games are actually some of the best games on PS4. It was because of trophy hunting that I found this website.

Anyway I am now rambling so I will quickly end my introduction with my to 5 games of all time.

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. Final Fantasy X

3. Metal Gear Solid

4. The Witcher III:Wild Hunt

5. The Last of Us

Incidentally for those wondering where I got my username from - I am a big fan of Spider-Man and my favourite villain is the Jackal. His real name is Miles Warren. :)

TL DR version;

My name is Miles_Warren. Pleased to meet you :)

Edited by Miles_Warren
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RisingSenpai616 said:

Hi there. I notice you're from Dublin. I'm from Cork myself. Welcome aboard!

Thanks. There seems to be a good Irish contingent on these forums. Fairly certain I saw somebody from Tipperary floating about as well ?