LGBTQ+

iAlphaSoldier

8 minutes ago, Parker said:

I don't think this needs to be said, but I'm going to say it anyway. Regardless of your personal feelings about this particular topic, I expect everyone to be respectful towards each other. 

@HcG Clawz The point of this thread is to meet and discuss with like-minded individuals or just talking about things that affect this community in general. Yes we're all human and we all deserve to be treated the same, unfortunately, that isn't always the case and a lot of homosexual or trans people can feel very alienated, even within a generally accepting community like PSNP, so having a place to discuss things with no judgment can be helpful. 

Parker

Is there any chance we can get this thread pinned? 

I don't think there is a problem with creating threads dealing with heterosexuality, vegans, female gamers, etc...is there?...heck I'd welcome vegan baking ideas or female gamer comps or points of view...don't really see the purpose of a hetero one, but on the other hand can understand the motivation for creating one like this...I don't think alpha's goal was to create a thread that only lgbtq+ members could post in or relate to...as far as I can tell anyone can join in on the discussion so the feeling of exclusion must be coming from within, no?...I see it as "lgbtq+ gamers unite"...the key word being gamers...plz delete if too off topic...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ratchet said:

I don't mean this in a dickish or offensive way, but at the end of the day we are all one community here. I don't see much of a reason for this to exist. 

At the end of the day we are all one community that loves trophies,gaming, anime etc, so I really don't get the point of this thread. 

Its in off-topic Area so it dont need a reason or a point for gaming.  But i think its always a good idea to find in a big community people with same interests , hobbies or ideas.

Because even if we share big hobby like trophies or gaming , life is way more complex so other interests can still bring people closer together.

And if this thread fullfills this idea of bringing people closer together , than there is your point or reason ;) .

• Like 1

I don't see any of you posting things like this in anime or sports threads. There are plenty of people, myself included, who don't like those things but you don't see me on there saying there's no point in them. To each their own. If you think this is unnecessary, there's no one forcing you to visit this thread. Just move on and do something else.

Thanks for asking to pin this thread @EternalChaos72 :) I'm sure people who are interested in something LGBT themed will find this via the search function in the forum. If it did get pinned, I'm sure a lot more of the above comments would be here and it would get closed at some point because of that. No one would benefit from that.

General question: what's your favorite LGBT character in games? I know there aren't that many to pick from :( I enjoyed Tony from GTA a lot (Ballad of Gay Tony). It was great seeing a kind of sensitive guy like that in a tough guy environment.

• Like 4

@Ratchet Dude, @Parker  clearly explained why this thread was made in the first place.  It's not UNWELCOMING for people who aren't LGBTQ.  If you feel that way, then you're completely missing the point of this thread.  There are sports threads, Anime threads, etc.  Hopefully, this won't go off topic too much, like other political/societal issues :facepalm:

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 3

That's quite an interesting question...sadly and embarrassingly, despite it being in the title, never even noticed Tony was gay...haha...the gta iv is one of the best singleplayer add-ons I've come across to date and particularly for the time in which it was released...gonna have to play through it again now...

Do you have any more examples of lgbtq characters?...I'm wondering how many other games I played in complete oblivion...

• Like 1

Just now, ProfBambam55 said:

That's quite an interesting question...sadly and embarrassingly, despite it being in the title, never even noticed Tony was gay...haha...the gta iv is one of the best singleplayer add-ons I've come across to date and particularly for the time in which it was released...gonna have to play through it again now...

Do you have any more examples of lgbtq characters?...I'm wondering how many other games I played in complete oblivion...

I'm not the guy who asked the question, but there's Shepard from Mass Effect (or any Bioware main character really), Persona 3 has a gay couple I think, might be Persona 2. :hmm: Other than those yeah, I really can't think of any off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Corpse Party: Seiko confess her love to her best friend.  hm.. im sure there are way more in games i have played, but i cant remember any right now.

Well, @ProfBambam55 the only other two that come to mind is Assassin's Creed Syndicate with Ned Wynert who's a transman (but never really referred to as one) and another GTA game with Vice City Stories. The latter featured a trans character as well, though not very well imo. A side character there who gives you a couple of missions was gender fluid and kept getting reassignment surgeries (changing back and forth with male and female body characteristics). But seeing as GTA isn't really known for being politically correct, I can look past that (was a good game regardless).

I've never really played Mass Effect, but yeah, that game really does seem to be great and being able to literally screw everyone and everything is an added bonus :D