LGBTQ+

iAlphaSoldier

South Park: The Fractured But Whole has Craig and Tweek definitely still acting as a gay couple.

I say "acting" because, if you've seen the show, you know that the two aren't actually (consciously) gay, but decided to act like a couple because they're friends anyway because the town expects them to be a couple after seeing yaoi art based on them.

That yaoi art is in the game too, by the way.

Anyone who hasn't seen everything in the television series yet:

"Tweek x Craig" and "Put It Down" are both episodes that focus on the relationship between Tweek and Craig in a sweet way. There's also "The Cissy", about gender identity confusion - well, mostly about Cartman abusing said topic, but the episode makes a point about how it's a taboo.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole has Craig and Tweek definitely still acting as a gay couple.

I say "acting" because, if you've seen the show, you know that the two aren't actually (consciously) gay, but decided to act like a couple because they're friends anyway because the town expects them to be a couple after seeing yaoi art based on them.

"Tweek x Craig" and "Put It Down" are both episodes that focus on the relationship between Tweek and Craig in a sweet way. There's also "The Cissy", about gender identity confusion - well, mostly about Cartman abusing said topic, but the episode makes a point about how it's a taboo.

If you do Craig & Tweek's whole mission though, they end up together.

I have a small question if anyone here might be able to answer...my daughter, who is quite clever, is doing family introductions at school...we live in Canada where same-sex parents are becoming as common as married ones (intended as a joke towards divorce rate) and the following has come up...this might seem naive and not sure if this is a common knowledge thing but how do parents call themselves in a same-sex marriage?...both daddy/mommy (what heppens if they yell "mommy/daddy" at home) ?...first names?...or does it vary per couple?...any help would be appreciated as my wife and I like to be honest with our kids and are not sure on this one... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

43 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have a small question if anyone here might be able to answer...my daughter, who is quite clever, is doing family introductions at school...we live in Canada where same-sex parents are becoming as common as married ones (intended as a joke towards divorce rate) and the following has come up...this might seem naive and not sure if this is a common knowledge thing but how do parents call themselves in a same-sex marriage?...both daddy/mommy (what heppens if they yell "mommy/daddy" at home) ?...first names?...or does it vary per couple?...any help would be appreciated as my wife and I like to be honest with our kids and are not sure on this one... 

Depends on the couple, really. As in, it's up to the parents to decide what's regular talk for the children. Most gay couples I know did not get children but one couple does have a child and said child finds it very normal to say she has two mommies. It's just as easy for her to adress either one with mom as it is for us to adress grandma when both our grandmothers are in the room. I know I never adressed any of my grandparents with their name.

For what it's worth, my parents are not same-sex yet I still call them by ther first names, and have done so for as long as I can remember. So that's not just a same-sex thing. My brother still calls them mum and dad so it was pretty much our choice and our parents corrected neither option. 

19 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Depends on the couple, really. As in, it's up to the parents to decide what's regular talk for the children. Most gay couples I know did not get children but one couple does have a child and said child finds it very normal to say she has two mommies. It's just as easy for her to adress either one with mom as it is for us to adress grandma when both our grandmothers are in the room. I know I never adressed any of my grandparents with their name.

For what it's worth, my parents are not same-sex yet I still call them by ther first names, and have done so for as long as I can remember. So that's not just a same-sex thing. My brother still calls them mum and dad so it was pretty much our choice and our parents corrected neither option. 

this is kind of what we assumed but my kids call me Paul, my first name, and my wife mommy...was kind of surprised at how many people have reacted along the lines of "why don't you make them call you daddy? I would never let my kids use my name" to which I respond "they can call me $hithead for all I care as long as it's consistent"...just wasn't sure if there was some sort of unwritten etiquette for gay couples, which has come up recently, was the reason I was asking...always doing our best to not be ignorant or inaccurate...would be kind of weird creeping up on two dudes playing with their daughter at the park..."hey guys...so I've got a question for you..."... 

And wow, two grandmas in one room...impressive...i never met any of my grandparents...had a great grandma was all... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 2:58 AM, CjShai said:

Congrats 1f1e6-1f1fa.png. What a fantastic day. I was definitely nervous as the Bureau of Stats waffled on for ages but when the numbers came out I actually shed quite a few tears.  Faith restored, we are all human, equal and deserving. 

From what i read, all thats left is making it official? Here's hoping they don't waffle on THAT.

• Like 1

So, when you read the news header "Anti-LGBT politician resigns after being 'caught having sex with man in his office'" you think you've read the best part, but this story just gets funnier as you read on. Schadenfreude indeed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/lawmaker-wes-goodman-anti-lgbt-resigns-sex-man-office-caught-ohio-republican-christian-family-values-a8060631.html

On 16/11/2017 at 6:04 PM, RedRodriguez87 said:

From what i read, all thats left is making it official? Here's hoping they don't waffle on THAT.

Actually it's only a survey from the Bureau Of Statistics so the politicians haven't done anything yet. This does bring pressure to the table though, and at least the prime minister is all for so it won't get brushed aside with ease.

The numbers are impressive though. 79,5% turnout, with 61,6% voting in favour... That's 49% of all of the people eligible to vote who thought it was worth it to get up and vote for equality, while only 30,5% of the eligibles getting up and voting against (how many are religious, I wonder).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

To throw my two cents in about LGTBQ in gaming:

I want more stuff like Life is Strange.  Going a certain route, which, by the way, is my favorite, two of the main characters fall in love with each other, regardless of gender.  Undertale with Undyne and Alphys was really sweet as well.

Also, super awesome to know there are others on here of the likemind.  28 year old bisexual male.  *waves*

• Like 1

I don't think Stardew Valley has been mentioned yet. It's a game made by one person, and it's like Harvest Moon if the best parts of the franchise had been put together and some other stuff had been added.

One of the things Stardew Valley "fixes" (as the game's creator has been communicating with fans about what they'd want in the game), is same-sex marriage. The Harvest Moon (later Story Of Seasons) games have always only included opposite-sex romancing options, and for Stardew Valley, the dev decided that the best solution was having all romancing options (six male, six female) be available regardless of the gender the player has chosen themselves. Gender is a non-issue in the game and never gets referenced; you could make your character a female and dress them up as male if you wish to do so.

On 18/10/2017 at 5:59 PM, Pickle Rick said:

I now played the whole game and the game puts some effort into translating the gender identity storyline to the player. Meaning this is one of the first (AAA) games that actively allows you to choose to be a gender-fluid character. Yet they're still South Park about it, as they're going overboard in "everything has to be politically correct", including PC Principal teaching you how to spot micro-agressions. I love this game, it's so funny and absurd.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Froopy said:

To throw my two cents in about LGTBQ in gaming:

I want more stuff like Life is Strange.  Going a certain route, which, by the way, is my favorite, two of the main characters fall in love with each other, regardless of gender.  Undertale with Undyne and Alphys was really sweet as well.

Also, super awesome to know there are others on here of the likemind.  28 year old bisexual male.  *waves*

I would recommend playing Fragments of Him, it is only about 90 mins or so but a really beautiful touching story. It is a walking sim like life is strange. I assume you are referring to the Life is Strange before the Storm, just finished it last night. Really fantastic, my only regret is that I couldn't play it before the main season of Life is Strange. The arc over episode 2 and 3 has some fantastic writing and character development.  Very much looking forward to the bonus episode next year.

Also while the themes are somewhat different if you haven't played What Remains of Edith Finch you are in for a treat. Perhaps the pinnacle of the walking sim / narration driven genre so far.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought the physical version of A Day In The Life Of Marlon Bundo. Glad it's finally available again. I bought the e-book version back when I made a post about it but I love to have the actual book. And all revenue goes to two good causes, plus it's a really cool way to stand behind diversity and say "fuck Mike Pence" at the same time.

Watch Deadpool 2, people. Not only is it better and funnier than the first movie (my opinion), but for a raunchy immature action-comedy it's surprisingly inclusive of alternative people. A few jokes about ethnic diversity and how "X-Men" is a sexist name, but at the same time there's a lesbian couple as supporting characters and there's a genuine complaint about there being no heavy-set superheroes, while this movie has a heavy-set main character.

I also heard a character came out as bisexual on Brooklyn Nine Nine but the new season is not on Netflix yet over here. I think that's nice, lesbian/gay orientations are more and more included these days but writers often forget there's stuff in between. I'm annoyed with straight characters suddenly "realising" they're homosexual on shows without even thinking about bisexuality. Like with Willow on Buffy. Good that they had a gay main character but it completely invalidated the whole plotline about both Xander and Oz. I hope Brooklyn Nine Nine handles it as well as asexuality of a main character on Bojack Horseman was handled.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy :3 I'm Dawn and I'm a lesbian. My partner and I game together and I've been gaming since childhood. It's awesome to see a thread like this here.

Feel free to add me in PSN: Pyrosylvir. Especially if you're the friendly type who likes to comment on activity feeds and compare backlogs :P

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PyroSylvir said:

Howdy :3 I'm Dawn and I'm a lesbian. My partner and I game together and I've been gaming since childhood. It's awesome to see a thread like this here.

Feel free to add me in PSN: Pyrosylvir. Especially if you're the friendly type who likes to comment on activity feeds and compare backlogs :P

A partner who's also a gamer... That's the dream!

Welcome to PSNP, and game on B)