iAlphaSoldier

LGBTQ+

145 posts in this topic

@ninjagirl657 good luck on the surgery next week!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's great that this thread like exist, cause this way people not only feel welcome but our community can learn something as well.

Which brings me to my two questions/opinions I have. 😬

 

About the numbers of genders: Isn't it interesting that many people state that there are more than 2 genders but pretty much all of them revolve around being male and female? 

The other one is regarding the politics behind feeling connected to a certain identity. Are there lgbtq people who would identify themselves as conservatives instead of liberal? 

Or do these go hand in hand? I am asking, because I can't even imagine feeling wrong inside your own body and that this applies to many people worldwide. Feeling "clusterfuck" or "pangender" however is something that only seems to apply to the more left leaning people or am I wrong?

 

I hope it is okay to raise these questions, cause I always found that interesting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never could understand why so many people have issues with things like this, gay marriage and the like. Let people live their lives, if it doesn't effect you what right do you have to impose on it? The entire religious argument is just absurd and makes me more than a little ashamed. I forget his name but a comedian put it best, if god hates gays then let him sort them out.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18-6-2018 at 6:15 PM, ninjagirl657 said:

I'm glad to see a thread dedicated too the LGBTQ+ community, nice idea from I alpha soldier to post this. I've been gaming for 30 years since the C64, I am a bi MtF transgender and I identify as female, otherwise I wouldn't be having my op in a weeks time, on the 28th June. I am an open minded person, who isn't afraid to say how it is and to be honest and up front about my gender. So if you do have questions, I'm happy to answer, so long as its respectful. I have been transition for 8 years, where I have now reach that point in my life, where I am finally happy to get to the stage I am, too finally have the op and start a whole new life. Now while I do identify as female, I don't use the microphone for 2 simple reasons, the first being I got social anxiety and the 2nd my voice changes between high and low.

 

I mention this, just in case people wonder, if and when I do speak on the mic and 1 min you hear a female voice, the next a bloke voice. This only happens, partly due to my BPD and when I'm gaming, sometimes the old me pops in, just to be a pain in the butt and curse at the game for not doing as it's told. Even though I know, it is human error and it happens in gaming. So if you do get the giggles while playing me, because my voice changes more times, then Miss Doubtfire, I've done my job right and made you laugh to the point you forgot you was playing me, and I won. 😇 Hopefully someday this thread gets sticky, just to break those diverse barriers in gaming and to let the LGBTQ+ community know, that they can feel safe to post here, without being judged. Just an opinion of mine, sorry if I waffle on.

 

I'm happy for you to finally getting your op!

i know the struggles for being a trans gamer. Myself, I'm a FtM (female to male), but I'm not fully out (due to personal issues). Gaming  (especially as male character) gives me a little bit of comfort, but things like talking on the mic is horror for me. I really like to game online, but my feminine and high pitched voice is just so annoying... I did it a couple times, but every time I play with someone online with mic, I get questions about my character and voice. It just kills me, so I stopped playing online with other players, unless I know them and they know about my situation.

 

And hi everyone! I like the existence of this thread! I'm sorry if I don't write proper English. Dutch is my native language.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ninjagirl657 how did it go? Everything well?

 

On 07/07/2018 at 6:06 PM, Gommes_ said:

I think it's great that this thread like exist, cause this way people not only feel welcome but our community can learn something as well.

Which brings me to my two questions/opinions I have. 1f62c.png

 

About the numbers of genders: Isn't it interesting that many people state that there are more than 2 genders but pretty much all of them revolve around being male and female? 

The other one is regarding the politics behind feeling connected to a certain identity. Are there lgbtq people who would identify themselves as conservatives instead of liberal? 

Or do these go hand in hand? I am asking, because I can't even imagine feeling wrong inside your own body and that this applies to many people worldwide. Feeling "clusterfuck" or "pangender" however is something that only seems to apply to the more left leaning people or am I wrong?

 

I hope it is okay to raise these questions, cause I always found that interesting.

 

My personal opinion is that a lot of insecurity and confusion stems from society's view on traditional gender roles. A part of the problem is needing to put everything into little labeled boxes. I'm male and liking women is part of my sexuality, but I also had the secret urge to put on make-up and (less often) wear female clothing, and it confused me because by society's black and white rules I might be transgender, a crossdresser, gay... These days I know that I'm just not part of one clearly defined group. I am male and identify as such, I like women but I'm not truly straight, and I do have some thoughts and preferences that would put me in a different group if I would just mention those things. It is what it is.

 

On 07/07/2018 at 7:17 PM, Willreaper41 said:

Never could understand why so many people have issues with things like this, gay marriage and the like. Let people live their lives, if it doesn't effect you what right do you have to impose on it? The entire religious argument is just absurd and makes me more than a little ashamed. I forget his name but a comedian put it best, if god hates gays then let him sort them out.

 

Yeah intolerance stemming from religion is dumb, unfortunately it won't go away soon. Better to keep actively working on better lives for everyone, at least we're much farther along than we were twenty years ago.

 

Don't know the comedy bit you're referring to but I like this one from Daniel Tosh:

 

On 31/08/2018 at 1:35 PM, Elementalled said:

 

I'm happy for you to finally getting your op!

i know the struggles for being a trans gamer. Myself, I'm a FtM (female to male), but I'm not fully out (due to personal issues). Gaming  (especially as male character) gives me a little bit of comfort, but things like talking on the mic is horror for me. I really like to game online, but my feminine and high pitched voice is just so annoying... I did it a couple times, but every time I play with someone online with mic, I get questions about my character and voice. It just kills me, so I stopped playing online with other players, unless I know them and they know about my situation.

 

And hi everyone! I like the existence of this thread! I'm sorry if I don't write proper English. Dutch is my native language.

 

 

As a fellow native Dutchman, your English is fine, I've seen and heard some pretty bad Ducklish, but your post didn't gave me the impression of a non-native English speaker at all.

 

Hope the personal issues aren't too hard on you. Happy gaming!

Edited by Spawn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spawn said:

 

My personal opinion is that a lot of insecurity and confusion stems from society's view on traditional gender roles. A part of the problem is needing to put everything into little labeled boxes. I'm male and liking women is part of my sexuality, but I also had the secret urge to put on make-up and (less often) wear female clothing, and it confused me because by society's black and white rules I might be transgender, a crossdresser, gay... These days I know that I'm just not part of one clearly defined group. I am male and identify as such, I like women but I'm not truly straight, and I do have some thoughts and preferences that would put me in a different group if I would just mention those things. It is what it is.

 

Thanks for sharing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled across this thread when searching the PSNProfiles forum to see if anyone had mentioned the implications for trans people of the potential username/name change feature (after looking for any reports on how smoothly the testing is going). Nice to see this space exists! And nice to see clear and meaningful allyship from people like @ProfBambam55 (you helped me with GTA IV trophies ages ago, so hi!)!

 

I'm non-binary/genderqueer, transfemme, queer and flexibly polyamorous. Pronouns they/them.

 

Feel free to add me, but leave a message to say you found me on PSNProfiles! ☺️ (My PSN username is currently in my deadname by the way, but you can find it on here.)

 

Ynda

Edited by yndajas
Grammaticality
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yndajas said:

flexibly polyamorous

 

I'm intrigued, don't think I've heard of this before. Does it mean what I think it means, is it like polygamy but with romantic feeling instead of it (just) being a sexual thing?

 

I could Google it but it's probably better to ask someone who actually identifies as such themselves.

 

Also, welcome! :)

 

 

Now that you mention they/them (which I personally actually always use online if I don't know someone's gender, seems safer than assuming), that reminds me, I started on 2064: Read Only Memories and it actually allows you to choose pronouns characters refer to you with. There's also lots of LGBT+ shades in the game. The devs said something along the lines of "if AAA gaming won't include the LGBT+ community, we can wait until they change or we can make our own game".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

I'm intrigued, don't think I've heard of this before. Does it mean what I think it means, is it like polygamy but with romantic feeling instead of it (just) being a sexual thing?

 

Pretty much. Polyamory is typically defined a couple of ways:

  1. the ability to love/have romantic feelings for multiple people simultaneously
  2. maintaining multiple romantic relationships simultaneously

When I say I'm polyamorous I mean (1), but when I say I'm flexibly polyamorous I mean I'm open to (2) but don't necessarily require it of a relationship, i.e. I can do monogamy. Regarding (2), it's often called ethical non-monogamy, which brings with it the requirement that the multiple relationships are consented to by all parties immediately adjacent to you within a romantic network, i.e. you can't have a secret relationship because that would just be cheating (unless you'd agreed that extra relationships are fine but should be kept secret from each other, of course!). There's also relationship anarchy, in which no one relationship can be considered the primary relationship (many polyamorous relationships are hierarchical, with a main relationship being much like a typical monogamous one - being the main companion of a person - but allowing secondary, less prioritised romantic relationships). Hope that's clear - I sometimes write in complex sentences and assume too much prior knowledge, since language, gender and sexuality is my thing!

 

20 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Now that you mention they/them (which I personally actually always use online if I don't know someone's gender, seems safer than assuming), that reminds me, I started on 2064: Read Only Memories and it actually allows you to choose pronouns characters refer to you with. There's also lots of LGBT+ shades in the game. The devs said something along the lines of "if AAA gaming won't include the LGBT+ community, we can wait until they change or we can make our own game".

That game has been sitting in my library for a while and I've always been intrigued by the pretty logo when considering what to play next, but never remembered what the game was like from when I would've checked out gameplay videos. Now I definitely need to put it near the top of my list - thanks for the heads up!

 

Also speaking of they/them pronouns, I feel like I noticed them being used to refer to a specific character in The Swords of Ditto, but I stopped reading the dialogue after a while and didn't notice it again, so it was probably a very brief use if my memory isn't completely faulty. That was a cute and pretty fun 2D Zelda-like game. Not a super difficult platinum, more just a bit of a grind.

Edited by yndajas
Clarity + typo; line break
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yndajas said:

Pretty much. Polyamory is typically defined a couple of ways:

  1. the ability to love/have romantic feelings for multiple people simultaneously
  2. maintaining multiple romantic relationships simultaneously

When I say I'm polyamorous I mean (1), but when I say I'm flexibly polyamorous I mean I'm open to (2) but don't necessarily require it of a relationship, i.e. I can do monogamy. Regarding (2), it's often called ethical non-monogamy, which brings with it the requirement that the multiple relationships are consented to by all parties immediately adjacent to you within a romantic network, i.e. you can't have a secret relationship because that would just be cheating (unless you'd agreed that extra relationships are fine but should be kept secret from each other, of course!). There's also relationship anarchy, in which no one relationship can be considered the primary relationship (many polyamorous relationships are hierarchical, with a main relationship being much like a typical monogamous one - being the main companion of a person - but allowing secondary, less prioritised romantic relationships). Hope that's clear - I sometimes write in complex sentences and assume too much prior knowledge, since language, gender and sexuality is my thing!

 

Nah it's very clear, thanks for the explanation. As a mathematician and someone with light ADD (or thereabouts), I seem to always interpret things the wrong way as long as they can be interpreted the wrong way, so I like it when people are clear in their writing. It's even harder in my native language, Dutch, since there are so many words that can be interpreted differently.

 

It's like when someone got a question wrong on an exam and tells the teacher "well what I MEANT was..." and the teacher replies "well, then you should've written THAT down, and you might have gotten a few points". People, especially in verbal instead of written conversation, are often not explicit enough in their meaning, in my opinion. I usually take a few more words than necessary to say what I want to say but the only time it's unclear what I want to say is if people don't know the words I'm using.

 

6 minutes ago, yndajas said:

That game has been sitting in my library for a while and I've always been intrigued by the pretty logo when considering what to play next, but never remembered what the game was like from when I would've checked out gameplay videos. Now I definitely need to put it near the top of my list - thanks for the heads up!

 

I should warn you that the game is not so much a point and click but more a visual novel with some puzzles thrown in. Me expecting more of the gameplay is why I was a bit disappointed in the game (haven't finished it yet, I played a few hours a week or two ago).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

People, especially in verbal instead of written conversation, are often not explicit enough in their meaning, in my opinion. I usually take a few more words than necessary to say what I want to say but the only time it's unclear what I want to say is if people don't know the words I'm using.

Totally agree with you - ambiguity and misinterpretation in interaction really bother me! - and same, at least in writing!

5 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

I should warn you that the game is not so much a point and click but more a visual novel with some puzzles thrown in.

I'm not a big point and click fan anyway to be honest - they were somewhat spoiled for me by a period of messing around with casual, mass-produced Big Fish Games titles, as fun as I found them at the time! And I don't like the idea of point and click using a console controller. Anyway I'll give it a go and see how I get on. I'm not a big reader, despite being in academia, but if it's fairly queer, visual(ly pretty) and involving puzzles, I might have fun.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Life is so beautiful, if you are a hopeless romantic enjoy this. So beautiful. So pure.

 

 

 

 

isupportimg_1494535237430.png

Edited by Cjshai
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read all the posts and I think I am the only bisexual guy texting right here :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 5:00 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I have read all the posts and I think I am the only bisexual guy texting right here :D

Be proud!❤️

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 9:00 PM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I have read all the posts and I think I am the only bisexual guy texting right here :D

 

Bisexual sounds like alot of work, one sex is more than enough to deal with 😜

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that people here would like to know about the 100% stream of Donkey Kong 64 by hbomberguy.

It started out as a humble charity stream supporting Mermaids (Trans support for young people in the UK) and had quickly snowballed to get shoutouts from a Congress woman, Cher, and even John Romero. #thanksgraham

https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this topic on random, but i'm glad I found it, I'm bi myself so... hello fella LGBTQ+ players ^_^)/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.