LGBTQ+

iAlphaSoldier

8 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I might get banned for saying this, so let me clarify my stance before you guys hate me..  

I whole heartily support LGBTQ+ whatever they have now.

BUT!

I do not support transgenders use of the terms they/them.. 

I thought I was the only one till I saw that rafi comedy bit awhile ago. I don't mind calling any person what they want to be called, he, she, cat, dog etc.. But saying they/them when it's only 1 person.. NAH... FUCK THAT.

Yet thou hast no problem saying you/your when it's only one person, judging by your post history

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I might get banned for saying this, so let me clarify my stance before you guys hate me..  

BUT!

I thought I was the only one till I saw that rafi comedy bit awhile ago. I don't mind calling any person what they want to be called, he, she, cat, dog etc.. But saying they/them when it's only 1 person.. NAH... FUCK THAT.

Just call them by their name and you're always good.

My "issue" with the focus pronouns is not the right of people to be called what they want to be called, it's more linguistic. They are never used in a conversation with the person they are about, they are only used when you talk about the person. That's why I've always found the focus on pronouns a bit odd. Besides that, using they/them when gender is unknown is already pretty standard in the English language.

Anyway, just call people by their name.

Edited by pepijngamer
Making the text more clear

8 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

BUT!

I thought I was the only one till I saw that rafi comedy bit awhile ago. I don't mind calling any person what they want to be called, he, she, cat, dog etc.. But saying they/them when it's only 1 person.. NAH... FUCK THAT

Let’s me ask what you would refer to me as, I’ve been on this site a while, I have my gender listed as “Not Telling” nearly the whole time.

I’ve never revealed if I’m a man, woman or NB, I’ve never said if I am cis or trans. I will say that only one person operates my account.

The only people on here who could give you an educated guess on my gender is a few people I did voice chat boosting with.

With all that non-information, how would you refer about me using pronouns without risking misgendering me.

9 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

You do know about 'you', right? 'They' being used for both singular and plural isn't even unique to it.

20 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Let’s me ask what you would refer to me as, I’ve been on this site a while, I have my gender listed as “Not Telling” nearly the whole time.

I’ve never revealed if I’m a man, woman or NB, I’ve never said if I am cis or trans. I will say that only one person operates my account.

The only people on here who could give you an educated guess on my gender is a few people I did voice chat boosting with.

With all that non-information, how would you refer about me using pronouns without risking misgendering me.

Don't worry, gamers know loads of genders: 'man', 'dude', 'bro', ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CelestialRequiem said:

You bumped a thread that's been dead for a long time and decided to instigate. If we want to be a better place than something like ResetEra, at least don't go looking to antagonize.

If we wanna get technical, the thread got bumped by someone else not long beforehand. Was honestly expecting something like this when I first saw it in Recent Posts given this site has certain pockets of shittery (i.e. the now-dead censorship thread), but was surprised to see it was just someone popping in with a supportive message all these years later. Shame that got ruined by the usual whinging about the singular they immediately after I checked. 🫠

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

BUT!

"Hey, I found this wallet on the street. I looked inside and there was a load of money, guess they must be rich" 

Oh wow, they used in the context of a single person that's gramatically correct. Huh. Who'd have thought

• Like 2