Come on, Artifex Mundi, give me more freakin' easy platinums!!!! Take my money!

MidnightCJ

If any of you have visited the Playstation Store and saw "Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink", you would realize that there are a TON of games by the same company, Artifex Mundi, which have spawned a revival in the Point-and-Click genre, a genre thought to be long dead. With hidden-object puzzles galore, I have almost all of the game(save Eventide, which will be my next title come June when I have more money) platinumed...

But did you know that some of the games are part of a series? Not if you don't frequent Youtube! ;)

I found the following games on PC that are sequels to Artifex Mundi games, and anyone who loves the genre as much as me should help me in a fundraiser to get these guys to RELEASE THE GAMES ON PS4!!! These games are easy and fun to platinum and have deep stories and it is a cardinal SIN to not release these for the console crowd!

(I may be tooting my own horn here, but I'd like people to reply to this thread if they enjoyed the games as much as I did and think these games below should be ported to PS4.)

header.jpg?t=1460372689
Engimatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

Anyone who played The Ghosts of Maple Creek realized that there were NO ghosts in that story but a creepy thriller mystery. In the bonus chapter we get a hint of a continuation of the story, and this game has to deliver with more creeps and more mystery as well as a scared little girl. Bring it to PS4, Artifex Mundi!

header.jpg?t=1460373106

Nightmares From the Deep 3: Davy Jones

After dealing with an undead pirate trying to bring back his dead fiancee and a wicked mayor who subjugates a mermaid and kraken to his whim, we were hinted to a possible confrontation to the grim devil who gave them their dark powers... and this game is that confrontation! Why can't we platinum this game, everyone? Because the company hasn't brought it to us yet! Bring it to PS4, Artifex Mundi! We need closure!

1_grim_legends_2_song_of_the_dark_swan.j

Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

header.jpg?t=1464883185

Grim Legends 3: The Dark City

I didn't expect the fairy-tale setting of Grim Legends to not only get ONE, but TWO sequels! But Artifex Mundi delivers and how! I am so intrigued by the stories told of the tragic heroines in these tales, but unless these guys deliver to PS4, don't expect a platinum from either game. Bring them to PS4, Artifex Mundi! PLEASE!!!! :(

There you go, four more games which could be easy platinums if Artifex Mundi delivers them to PSN. Are they coming to PSN? I don't know but we need to spam their mailboxes begging, no, DEMANDING these games get ported to PS4 ASAP! Anyone with me? ;)

• Like 3

I really enjoyed Clockwork Tales a lot more than I thought I would. I'm working on Grim Legends now. I would also like to see more of these games brought to PS4. I admit I originally bought them for the trophies because who doesn't love plenty o' gold! That being said I was pleasantly surprised by beautiful colours and a story you can follow. Any future Artifex Mundi point and click adventure games on PS4 are going 'straight in my basket' ?

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 2

I enjoy these types of games, although I do wish they were longer/the puzzles were harder, because the ones I've played haven't really taken much effort even without a guide. I'm sure we'll see Nightmares From the Deep 3 eventually since they brought 2 over, and I imagine they eventually plan on bringing other sequels over too since they're porting a lot of games over, it's just a case of which ones come first.

Their Twitter account teases/announces this sort of stuff from time to time btw. I had no idea they were bringing NFtD2 over until I saw a Twitter post with the release schedule, nobody really seems to report on smaller games like this.

11 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

I really enjoyed Clockwork Tales a lot more than I thought I would. I'm working on Grim Legends now. I would also like to see more of these games brought to PS4. I admit I originally bought them for the trophies because who doesn't love plenty o' gold! That being said I was pleasantly surprised by beautiful colours and a story you can follow. Any future Artifex Mundi point and click adventure games on PS4 are going 'straight in my basket' 1f60e.png

Yep, the stories are told very beautiful and the more recent entries even have real actors in motion capture technology! The Nightmares from the Deep series especially brings back the cheesy live-action capture from old 1980's Sega CD games and for $9.99 a pop! Seriously, they are a great company!

Gotta admit I expected something else when I read that title. It sounded like you're only in it for the plats. Glad you proved me wrong.

With that said, I never actually bought or played any Artifex Mundi game. Which one would you recommend to try and figure out if these games are worth it for me?

46 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Gotta admit I expected something else when I read that title. It sounded like you're only in it for the plats. Glad you proved me wrong. With that said, I never actually bought or played any Artifex Mundi game. Which one would you recommend to try and figure out if these games are worth it for me?

I highly recommend Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink or Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek. The former has plenty of guides for it and it is more well-known, but the latter has nothing but gold trophies so it's great if you want a booster shot to your gamer score and it's not too difficult to pick up.

Also, of course I'm in it for the plats! But if the game is fun to go through, then that's a bonus. ;)

Edited by MidnightCJ

I've counted them recently and i think they definetely have more then 50 games. Don't know if they will release them all on ps4. Don't think so because they push out new games on pc quite regularly. So to catch up they have to release 1-2 every week

12 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I highly recommend Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink or Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek. The former has plenty of guides for it and it is more well-known, but the latter has nothing but gold trophies so it's great if you want a booster shot to your gamer score and it's not too difficult to pick up.

Also, of course I'm in it for the plats! But if the game is fun to go through, then that's a bonus. ;)

Thanks, I'll check them out later.

Yes, that's how it should be. What I meant is that you're not only looking for the trophies, but also enjoy the games.

Still, I won't criticize anyone for only playing games for trophies, but it makes me think that they could've earned trophies in a game they like instead. And no, I don't think you're one of those who cares for nothing but trophies, this is more of a disclaimer because statements like the one above tend to get misunderstood easily.

7 hours ago, Artifex_Mundi said:

Hi Guys! It's Natalia from Artifex Mundi. I hope forum admins won't ban me for this - but to be honest I've only signed up here to express big thanks from us for all these kind words! ;) 

We're currently releasing one game per month on PS4, so expect more cool stories and easy trophies in the following months. :) If you want to know more, by all means, subscribe to our social channels.

Thanks again! <3

hi Natalia! You are very welcome in this community! :)
It's great to have a feedback from the developers! i already follow you guys in FB, Can't wait for the new games!

Keep the good work <3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artifex_Mundi said:

Hi Guys! It's Natalia from Artifex Mundi. I hope forum admins won't ban me for this - but to be honest I've only signed up here to express big thanks from us for all these kind words! ;) 

We're currently releasing one game per month on PS4, so expect more cool stories and easy trophies in the following months. :) If you want to know more, by all means, subscribe to our social channels.

Thanks again! <3

This is so cool that someone from the team actually joined in on the conversation. i'll look forward to more of your games on PSN.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Artifex_Mundi said:

Thanks again! <3

Whooooho! I'm looking forward to play all of them! <3<3<3

I already played a lots of this games on my smartphone and I enjoyed them very well! I'm very happy that your company will bring them all on the PS 4 too! ^___^

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Artifex_Mundi said:

Thanks again! <3

Hey, nice to see someone from a game company replies here! Thanks for the news! I can't wait to play more of your wonderful games! ?

• Like 1

On May 24, 2017 at 4:54 AM, Artifex_Mundi said:

Thanks again! <3

Yes, I bought a lot of these games on the steam! 9 clues is a great one … I think there are 2 parts to that series!! bonfire stories is a great one as well:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

The trophy list for that got put on the site. My analysis: It's a little harder and now has the usual gold/silver/bronze ratio(unlike the original which had nothing but gold trophies) but it shouldn't be too hard. However that means I have to rent Dragon Quest Builders which is a shame as that was going to be one of my permanent library. :(

59 minutes ago, Artifex_Mundi said:

It's me again! First of all: <3 

Second: Enigmatis 2 is live now :)

Third: If you all agree, I can give you heads up regularly about our upcoming releases. ;) 

I think that would be good about upcoming releases.

• Like 1