Who's the best MC's sidekick of the series?

straysheep87

Who's the best MC's "sidekick" in the series?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best MC's sidekick on the Persona series?

• Masao Inaba - Persona 1
    • Eikichi Mishina - Persona 2
    • Junpei Iori - Persona 3
    • Yosuke Hanamura - Persona 4
    • Ryuji Sakamoto - Persona 5

Well, like the title suggests. Who do you think is the best "pal" of the protagonist from all the Persona series.

For me it's Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. He's a little obnoxious, but his scenes are really funny.

The worst is Junpei Iori, I hate every second of the scenes when that jerk appears.

Yosuke for sure.  Ryuji kind of seems like a Yosuke wannabe.  In actuallity, 10 hours in and Persona 5 seems like a rehash of 4.  It's still good, but I am not resonating with any of the characters.  I hope it changes, because the dungeon crawling bits are much better with set layouts as opposed to random dungeons

47 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

Yosuke for sure.  Ryuji kind of seems like a Yosuke wannabe.  In actuallity, 10 hours in and Persona 5 seems like a rehash of 4.  It's still good, but I am not resonating with any of the characters.  I hope it changes, because the dungeon crawling bits are much better with set layouts as opposed to random dungeons

I felt the same way, like Ryuji is a mix of Yosuke and Kanji, Morgana is a less annoying Teddie, and Ann felt like Rise. Luckily, the next characters felt a bit different for me.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

I felt the same way, like Ryuji is a mix of Yosuke and Kanji, Morgana is a less annoying Teddie, and Ann felt like Rise. Luckily, the next characters felt a bit different for me.

Ann so far feels like Yukiko and Rise together.  No one has come close to the best waifu, Naoto

Considering how Junpei has serious jealousy issues in the first half of P3, I found it hard to actually like him. He redeemed himself by the end of the game, plus during The Answer part of the story, however, I couldn't completely appreciate him. Yosuke is pretty funny at times, but he could be really damn annoying too. And he can be a real asshole too. Ryuji is pretty cool and all, but he's lacks a damn load of brain cells. I gotta say, Eikichi's probably the best character out of the bunch. 

That being said, the best male characters in a modern Persona game, tend to be the "secondary-sidekick" characters, like Akihiko, Kanji and Yusuke. And coincidentally, they all use Emperor Personas. 

On 2017-5-23 at 3:22 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Teddie is the most annoying character ever, in both human and bear forms. I don't like Morgana too, but he's far less annoying than Teddie. Ann is a copy from Lisa Silverman from Persona 2, even her backstory about "being bullied because of her looks's not similar to japanese girls".

9 hours ago, GoldenDevilGamer said:

Considering how Junpei has serious jealousy issues in the first half of P3, I found it hard to actually like him. He redeemed himself by the end of the game, plus during The Answer part of the story, however, I couldn't completely appreciate him. Yosuke is pretty funny at times, but he could be really damn annoying too. And he can be a real asshole too. Ryuji is pretty cool and all, but he's lacks a damn load of brain cells. I gotta say, Eikichi's probably the best character out of the bunch. 

That being said, the best male characters in a modern Persona game, tend to be the "secondary-sidekick" characters, like Akihiko, Kanji and Yusuke. And coincidentally, they all use Emperor Personas. 

It looks like Junpei is hoping all the time that the protagonist die so he could be the "hero", so I really despise him. Eikichi is one of my favorites characters too, but sometimes his "punk" attitude gets a little old (same with Ryuji).

And you're right, the male characters beside the "main trio" tends to be the best of the game. 

Junpei is the best bro by a long shot, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want the mc dead. I'd pick Kanji in P4 before anyone else in p4, particularly Yosuke and his kmart/junes store ruining local business. Punching him in the face was great ;)

Not really bonding with anyone in P5 except morgana, I feel like we've already been there in P3 and P4. With that said, don't play P4 and than go straight to P5

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 4:24 PM, Waffles said:

I said Eikichi because I've always disliked Yosuke and Junpei as characters and I'm not huge on Ryuji (not as much of a dislike for him though).

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. 

Ryuji would definitely be 2nd as Yosuke and Junpei are complete morons. Not to mention Junpei being completely useless. At least Yosuke was an useful party member =) 

Plus, Eikichi wasn't as annoying as the later sidekicks =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 2 weeks later...