100% Game-Breaking Bug (Don't buy right now!)

HajimeTheFool

In the newly release Eternal Ring (PS2 on PS4) , it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass through the cave at the beginning of Chapter 10 (Limestone Cave where the Earth-Dragon can be found). The character just randomly dies when passing through the cave. After some research, it's seems to be an old bug when people used to play the PS2 version on PS3 with the retrocompatible consoles. Seems like From Software didn't took the time to fix it while porting the game.

So, nobody can get past that part now, making progress impossible for everyone.

I searched for From Software support but everything seems to be in Japanese only.

Now it's a 20$ waste, and since Sony does not refund, you should not buy it until something is done.

4 minutes ago, HajimeTheFool said:

Can they even patch a PS2 game ?

Yes, GTA vice city recently had a patch, checking my other ps2 on ps4 games, siren, red faction 1, arc the lad, dark cloud, GTA 3, GTA San Andreas, okage, rogue galaxy, twisted metal black, wild arms 3 have all received patches

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yes, GTA vice city recently had a patch

That's a relief. Beside, it's From Software, so they probably won't let this like that. Even though this is a rather Showstopper bug, don't even know why they release it without finding it..

6 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I've tried entering that area in every way I can, hoping to bypass the glitch.

You can however go though the Forest but the enemies are way too hard at this point :(

Edited by HajimeTheFool

I'm so disappointed with this stuff. First no platinum, even if this an RPG, and then we can't even progress through the entire game or earn all the few trophies that are left. This is a game I was super excited about.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I think this is one of those games they didn't expect to have a lot of interest for it. Didn't give it a platinum, didn't even bother to test it properly etc. Sucks a lot, because as I said, I was super excited about it. It's one of the games I wanted to be ported the most.

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I think this is one of those games they didn't expect to have a lot of interest for it. Didn't give it a platinum, didn't even bother to test it properly etc. Sucks a lot, because as I said, I was super excited about it. It's one of the games I wanted to be ported the most.

Same here, was expecting a Platinum. I even waited to replay the game on PS2 when i heard about this. Then that happened.

• Like 1

I was enjoying the game up until i ran into this glitch.  Given how quiet From Software has been about the game in general though, i have to wonder IF they will be bothered with patching it....

Edited by rmcin329

28 minutes ago, rmcin329 said:

I was enjoying the game up until i ran into this glitch.  Given how quiet From Software has been about the game in general though, i have to wonder IF they will be bothered with patching it....

I'm pretty sure they will have an order from Sony to correct it. This is a major issue no company would let pass when they know about it (or has a QA would consider it, a showstopper kinda bug). Because now they are selling an unfinishable game, which could probably put them in trouble. The worst that could happen is that the game could be remove from the store (And refund could now be possible, but I doubt it cause it's something that can be corrected with a patch)

10 minutes ago, HajimeTheFool said:

I'm pretty sure they will have an order from Sony to correct it. This is a major issue no company would let pass when they know about it (or has a QA would consider it, a showstopper kinda bug). Because now they are selling an unfinishable game, which could probably put them in trouble. The worst that could happen is that the game could be remove from the store (And refund could now be possible, but I doubt it cause it's something that can be corrected with a patch)

Hmmn you're probably right, but i have no idea how long patches take to get pushed out.  It wouldn't really surprise me if it took them a month or 2.  Don't get me wrong, I hope it is fixed much sooner than that, I really want to play through the game.

9 hours ago, rmcin329 said:

Hmmn you're probably right, but i have no idea how long patches take to get pushed out.  It wouldn't really surprise me if it took them a month or 2.  Don't get me wrong, I hope it is fixed much sooner than that, I really want to play through the game.

After reporting it to them I am now waiting on any comfirmation. Patches are up to Sony approval, and can take as few as a week to as long as a few months. It's a bit unorganized. 

On 5/23/2017 at 6:13 PM, HajimeTheFool said:

That's a relief. Beside, it's From Software, so they probably won't let this like that. Even though this is a rather Showstopper bug, don't even know why they release it without finding it..

I could be wrong, but aren't PS2 on PS4 games the PS2 game being more or less emulated on PS4? So they didn't actually port or change the game, they just added in trophies against values that the game already tracked. Or are there any PS2 on PS4 games that have trophies for doing something completely new that wasn't in the original PS2 release?

Given that this happens in the same way on emulator, it seems like this could just be an issue with how the ps4 is emulating the game.  But I honestly don't expect Sony would be bothered to patch the way the ps4 emulates ps2 games.  For now i'll keep an eye out here, and hope that From Software gives some kind of acknowledgement of the issue to Jetstream-Egret.

Edited by rmcin329

11 hours ago, rmcin329 said:

When Mugen Souls Z was released on the PS3 we had a game breaking bug that would freeze your game wbenever you encountered a sleeping boss in the special after Story Dungeon. We waited for roughly 6 months before we finally got a patch from compile heart (?). I really hope they don't take as long :/

I don't use twitter much so I don't really know how it works exactly but I've tweeted Sony and Jason Schreier over at Kotaku using the #eternalringPS4bug so if you all have a twitter account feel free to use that # to try and raise some awareness as I don't think it's getting too much attention at the moment.

On 5/26/2017 at 5:49 PM, angelgrievous said:

I don't use twitter much so I don't really know how it works exactly but I've tweeted Sony and Jason Schreier over at Kotaku using the #eternalringPS4bug so if you all have a twitter account feel free to use that # to try and raise some awareness as I don't think it's getting too much attention at the moment.

Any luck so far? I've been keeping an eye on things and askplaystation asked you to send them a direct message on twitter.

17 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

They did in fact ask me to send them a message and I did just that.  I suspect I'll have to wait until Tuesday for any further correspondence as I have yet to hear anything more.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for that !