FF XIII doesn't work ??

Feiryn-

5 minutes ago, Lady-Aya said:
  Hide contents

98w2.png

Is that it ? I've never seen this before.
And if I try to use a marker, if it doesn't work, the store wouldn't want to take the game from me, no ?

Yes, that's it. that's probably the issue, if you cover that then it might fix it. if you don't want to use marker, then you can use a small piece of Masking tape OR Painters tape, since they  aren't extremely sticky, it should stick on the cd, but not cause damage if you need to peel it off.

Make sure you put the tap on the picture side

Edited by Viper5787

2 minutes ago, Viper5787 said:

Yes, that's it. that's probably the issue, if you cover that then it might fix it. if you don't want to use marker, then you can use a small piece of Masking tape OR Painters tape, since they  aren't extremely sticky, it should stick on the cd, but not cause damage if you need to peel it off

I've got painters tape but since it's not sticky at all, isn't that a risk for the PS3 ? Idk, can it unstick while the CD's in the console ?

1 minute ago, Lady-Aya said:

I've got painters tape but since it's not sticky at all, isn't that a risk for the PS3 ? Idk, can it unstick while the CD's in the console ?

not if you make sure its on there nice an firmly, put it on and rub the tape to make sure its nice and stuck, I've done this a few times and the tape has never fallen off. Especially since you have a super slim, theirs nothing that it will rub up against for it to come off, even if it does come off it wont go into the ps3 since its a top loader, you just open the disc tray and take the tape out

Just now, Viper5787 said:

not if you make sure its on there nice an firmly, put it on and rub the tape to make sure its nice and stuck, I've done this a few times and the tape has never fallen off. Especially since you have a super slim, theirs nothing that it will rub up against for it to come off, even if it does come off it wont go into the ps3 since its a top loader, you just open the disc tray and take the tape out

Well, I guess I'll give it a try. I'll tell you if it changed anything or not :)

1 minute ago, Lady-Aya said:

Well, I guess I'll give it a try. I'll tell you if it changed anything or not :)

Alright, sound good. Also you can cover the tape in marker to make it less see through

REMEMBER Picture side!!

Edited by Viper5787

1 minute ago, Viper5787 said:

Alright, sound good. Also you can cover the tape in marker to make it less see through

REMEMBER Picture side!!

Errrr, it doesn't change a thing, still stuck after that first scene. 

Yup, I've done it picture side !

can you still see the hole with the tape on?

I've covered it with a bit of black marker on the tape, so we see black holes on the disc, that's all.

I just don't understand why I got a bit farther earlier and now it's stuck at the same place I was before, it's so weird.
But I give up, I'm annoyed ans it's 5AM, I'll go see what I can do tomorrow, my head's about to explode haha.

2 minutes ago, Lady-Aya said:

I've covered it with a bit of black marker on the tape, so we see black holes on the disc, that's all.

I just don't understand why I got a bit farther earlier and now it's stuck at the same place I was before, it's so weird.
But I give up, I'm annoyed ans it's 5AM, I'll go see what I can do tomorrow, my head's about to explode haha.

that's weird. sorry that I couldn't help. well at least you know that if a games not working in the future you can try this :P 

that's weird. sorry that I couldn't help. well at least you know that if a games not working in the future you can try this :P 

No need to apologize, you helped me more than enough and I really appreciate it !
Yeah, I'll keep that in mind, I've never thought about using tapes before :)
Thanks again, really.