Delay thoughts

NaseemJohn

So this game was supposed to come out on the 26th, which is basically this Friday. The devs delayed the game after the bombing at the Ariana Grande concert so it is now coming out in June or July I don't really remember. Pretty unfortunate for whoever was looking forward to this game. Thoughts on the delay? Keep in mind that they might have lost someone at that concert so be respectful please 

I found an article on this. The new release date is set for June 23rd. (ARTICLE)

It seems the reason lies in the premise of the game seeming ill-suited to the current mood following the tragedy at the Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester arena. 

I don't mind this even though I was looking forward to getting this game. The reason is understandable in my opinion and it wasn't like I would have been able to get the game any time soon. My deepest condolences go out to everyone who was affected by the attack.  

• Like 3

It's strange to delay a game because of the terrible attack in Manchester. I'm pretty sure they're paying respects or it could be some kind of involvement-like in the game that can trigger the similarities from the attack. But our Hearts go out to the victims and family members. I'm a huge Ariana Grande fan so this really hits home for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

What the fuck is wrong with you? Were you dropped on the head as a baby or something? Learn to respect others and how others might be feeling. Fuckwit.

This is a little hypocritical don't you think? You can't tell him to respect others and how they might be feeling, then do the exact opposite yourself. If you can't even follow your own advice why should anybody else?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sarutoshi said:

This is a little hypocritical don't you think? You can't tell him to respect others and how they might be feeling, then do the exact opposite yourself. If you can't even follow your own advice why should anybody else?

Making assumptions (that are probably true) isn't hypocritical at all. I think you're also forgetting that 22 PEOPLE DIED! 

If someone is being a piece of shit, they should be put into line - especially in a time like this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

What the fuck is wrong with you? Were you dropped on the head as a baby or something? Learn to respect others and how others might be feeling. Fuckwit.

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Making assumptions (that are probably true) isn't hypocritical at all. I think you're also forgetting that 22 PEOPLE DIED! 

If someone is being a piece of shit, they should be put into line - especially in a time like this.

Completely well said, i find it sad how people can get angry over a company delaying a game because of this tragedy 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Wonder if they would have delayed it if those 22 people were from Syria, Iraq, Africa, Afghanistan the list goes on. People die all over the world, all the time in incidents like this but most of the time no one in the West bats an eye unless it's happened in a developed western nation. I wonder how many kids/civilians have been killed by drone strikes carried out by our countries that we never even hear about.

Dev can do what they like, it's thier game maybe they are worried about sales impact, or being called out in the media because of it's theme, maybe to get some positive meda attention - I mean it spawned this thread, respect for victims. Maybe a combination of these, who knows? 22 people died and that's terrible especially since most of them were kids, but if this had happened in the Middle East or Africa I wonder if the reaction would have been the same, I'm guessing not.

This is the world we live in, sad truth.

Edited by tpepper1985
  • Like 1

While I wait to play this but do this is really win for them imo.

1. Now people know about this game, this game has near zero marketing, even not know it exists, now it got crowd attention, better sales

2. Show good will, always good being decent human.

3. No need to get annoyed attention from media/press that ready to do just for the news and blame the game, you know it happen.

Edited by FielVeredus

2 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

Wonder if they would have delayed it if those 22 people were from Syria, Iraq, Africa, Afghanistan the list goes on. People die all over the world, all the time in incidents like this but most of the time no one in the West bats an eye unless it's happened in a developed western nation. I wonder how many kids/civilians have been killed by drone strikes carried out by our countries that we never even hear about.

Dev can do what they like, it's thier game maybe they are worried about sales impact, or being called out in the media because of it's theme, maybe to get some positive meda attention - I mean it spawned this thread, respect for victims. Maybe a combination of these, who knows? 22 people died and that's terrible especially since most of them were kids, but if this had happened in the Middle East or Africa I wonder if the reaction would have been the same, I'm guessing not.

This is the world we live in, sad truth.

This post is silly.

The reason that games arent delayed for innocent deaths in those countries named is because that is not the devs intended audience. Check the leaderboards, there are no users from any of those countries.

Furthermore, this was done in a developed country, but was felt all around the world. People in countries like USA, Australia, France, UK and more were rocked by this because they had people there that they knew there. So the fact that this affected more than just the family of those killed or injured and ranged to different countries proves why the devs think it was a good idea to delay it - to avoid potentially offensing millions.

I mean of course sales is also a factor but it stands to reason why they would not want to release their game so close to the tragedy as well.

9 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

While I wait to play this but do this is really win for them imo.

1. Now people know about this game, this game has near zero marketing, even not know it exists, now it got crowd attention, better sales

2. Show good will, always good being decent human.

You're right on both points there. 

While the terrorist attack was cowardly and horrible and i dont get why you would delay a game because of it?

No one would have cared if it was released this week. I doubt anyone here would have started a topic about it. 

Is the developers from the UK?

• Like 1

idk if it's until they release the game but here in the EU ps store the game got removed and does not appear anymore... i was about to pre-order the game glad i didn't ^^ hopefully people who pre-ordered it still see it on the ps store

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 0:28 PM, pavelbagirov said:

52 owners already..who is those people and where they bought this game?

They are game reviewers and/or people who got it by breaking street date.