Did anyone play the original on PC or PS1?

tpepper1985

This is one of the games of my childhood, I played it on the PC many many times when it came out 20 years ago. It was also later ported to PS1, if I recall that version was not a great port but still. Did anyone play the original version of it? What did you think of it?

I seem to remember it being hard as nails ... I was like 12 years old then so maybe I have got better at games since then but I recall the early game being easy, but things quickly got really hard to micro manage as your town increased in size, and the AI was relentless in pestering your town I don't think I ever won a game on anything but easy mode.

I did some digging and it seems this version is a remaster new cinematics and graphics but the same core gameplay and design. I even saw some new buildings during the trailer. I'm looking forward to a trip down memory lane, anyone else?

I was really young when I played it so I was horrible at it, so it's one of those games I want to go back and finally learn how to play. Really excited for it but the price for it is $55 AUD, which I really can't justify paying for a 20 year old game.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember playing this as a kid would prob been about 8 or 9. Found it so hard and took me a long time on how to get and move on to 2nd level tenants. Can't wait to play it again and now I should be able to understand what certain words mean this time round haha