ONLINE GARBAGE.

Cash grab. Such potential wasted. Please tell me why a game based on a film franchise doesnt have a story campaign? Makes zero sense. Hack and slash bull shit. If they were going to make this game all online hack and slash why not add all the horror movie characters? This game is a huge let down, ill be waiting for it to surface in the bargain bin before i play it, which will probably be about 3 weeks from now.

11 minutes ago, GRITTY_PITTY said:

Cash grab. Such potential wasted. Please tell me why a game based on a film franchise doesnt have a story campaign? Makes zero sense. Hack and slash bull shit. If they were going to make this game all online hack and slash why not add all the horror movie characters? This game is a huge let down, ill be waiting for it to surface in the bargain bin before i play it, which will probably be about 3 weeks from now.

This was a kickstarter game! :) My guess is that it's based on some of the gameplay in the infamous NES game, just made online instead. I think I saw videos of this game when it was released on Steam...

Ah, it was just beta.

Edited by MMDE

From what I've seen of the beta it looks like something from PS1 era. Really badly made IMO, does not interest me in the slightest. I don't imagine many will like this, and if you commit to plating it 2000 multiplayer plays at least will be some grind...

10 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I love it when people judge things without even trying them or seeing the complete version.  LOL beta looked like PS1?  Gimme a break.  When was the last time you played a PS1 game.  

Yeah, it looks like a PS3 game TBH, and as I said, it's a kickstarter game based on a small gameplay portion of the infamous NES game, just made online.

Edited by MMDE

to me it's not the "online only" that drives me away from this game since the announcement, it's the movie licensed game thingy.

I know it was based off an old NES game, but after that awful last movie licensed experience of me on the ps2 with Coraline I said No for Movie Licensed Games! same goes the other way around...

• Like 1

I will be playing it, saw people playing the beta and it seemed like a blast. Plus who doesn't want to play as Jason? I wish someone would do a nightmare on elm street game that is similar to this, or potentially a dlc? Why would you judge a game without even really looking into it first? You just come off as a self entitled prick who doesn't understand how to use google. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I love it when people judge things without even trying them or seeing the complete version.  LOL beta looked like PS1?  Gimme a break.  When was the last time you played a PS1 game.  

PSone game:

Image result for psone game.

Friday the 13th The Game:

Image result for friday the 13th the game

off topic, the ps game on the top, is that C-12?

oh god I remember trying to beat that game so bad way back and I couldn't :(

also its one of the fewer ps1 games that it took a full advantage of the ps2's text mapping capability of improving the graphics of ps1 games on ps2.

• Like 1

I was exaggerating obviously ? It just doesn't look decent like most recent titles.  The characters seem very rigid and the environments look pretty awful to me. People shouldn't judge a book by its cover - but we all do. That's my impression of it after watching the beta. Am I not allowed an opinion just because it doesn't agree with everyone else?

59 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Sounds like the above poster forgot to take his medication.. geesh judging something that isn't even released. I would never want to see how much he judges people on the street...

if you're mentioning me then it's better to use the Quote, I do know about the single player mode since the day I saw the game play footage on youtube, in the video the devs did mention that the game was in beta status, and will include single player mode with an A.I bots later on since the core of the game is in fact an online multiplayer game, the comment section of the video are full of people explaining that, beside other hating the game or loving it.

I just didn't likes it due to its been a part of a movie tie in game ( the name, the characters and the environment ) as I refuse to buy these type of game with my own money, probably the fan of the series will loves it so much.

you telling me that you don't wanna see how I judge people on the street yet  judging me  to forgot to take my medicine and i'm not even ill... thanks man, i'll take the insult but I hope won't get i'll soon.

26 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

if you're mentioning me then it's better to use the Quote, I do know about the single player mode since the day I saw the game play footage on youtube, in the video the devs did mention that the game was in beta status, and will include single player mode with an A.I bots later on since the core of the game is in fact an online multiplayer game, the comment section of the video are full of people explaining that, beside other hating the game or loving it.

I just didn't likes it due to its been a part of a movie tie in game ( the name, the characters and the environment ) as I refuse to buy these type of game with my own money, probably the fan of the series will loves it so much.

you telling me that you don't wanna see how I judge people on the street yet  judging me  to forgot to take my medicine and i'm not even ill... thanks man, i'll take the insult but I hope won't get i'll soon.

Calm down. It wasn't directed at you. Always thought "Above post" was the first post.  My bad.

The trophy list does seem like a bit of a grind, but as a fan of the movie franchise I am excited about this. Watching the new videos people are posting on youtube today from their early access just keeps looking more fun especially if played with friends. I think that is what will make the 2000 matches at least easy enough. good time with friends. The single player coming out later does have me interested as long as it is not something as dumb as you and bots vs jason. A lot of criticism in the thread. If you dont think it looks good, cool. I love Friday the 13th and I am ready to murder some camp counselors and try to survive jason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

"Every game that gets made should only cater to my needs and requirements. I don't care that gamers with different tastes than mine exist out there.", is what I read.

The problem is that some devs try this and ruin good franchises.

• Like 2

This was originally a Kickstarter game, like many have said, called Summer Camp.  Was inspired by Friday the 13th.  Sean Cunningham, the creater of Jason, reached out after reading about it and offered the license. 

I am look ing forward to giving this a whirl.  the deaths look grusome, to say the least

• Like 1

Why such negativity on the game?  Let the uneducated whine about it being a let down and looking like a legacy game.  So what?  They can be read to filth within seconds by posting comparison screenshots ? talking utter pish!

This game was made by huge fans of the series and have the backing of the original execs AND Kane Hodder & Harry Manfrideni (look em up if you don't know!).  This game was made by die hard slasher fans for slasher fans, I'm fairly certain after what I've seen that it's everything they promised.  Free story mode DLC was announced errr I forget, like towards the end of last year when it got delayed?  Anyone hating the online stuff, just wait if your not happy?

This games not for an average gamer, it's for the fans who actually watched these movies in the 80's & 90's, like me - get over it.

• Like 1

When people say its a cash grab but it will have single player and its not even full retail price. Saw prices of 39.99

When people dont say overwatch is a cashgrab even tho its a full 60 dollar price game with no story mode single player

Wtf is wrong with people :[

[keep in mind i like over watch lol]

16 hours ago, touchofattitude said:

Why such negativity on the game?

That's what I've been wondering. All I've been is hyped up for this game, and from what I've been reading, everyone else has been too. Then when it's almost here, the complaints start rolling in. Jeez. What a bunch of crybabies. Seriously. You're worse than wrestling fans.