DanielVT

The Last TV Show You Saw?

2,904 posts in this topic

ABC's Wednesday night summer game show block- Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, Match Game

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flash Season 5 [Episode 22]

market_sd.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

255px-Criminal_Minds_DVD_cover,_season_t

3.1 Doubt

3.2 In Name & Blood

3.3 Scared to Death

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/15/2019 at 11:36 PM, RadiantFlamberge said:

Card Sharks (ABC) - This premiered last Wednesday. Kind of a simple concept (is the next card higher or lower), but really fun. Players answer toss-up questions to get control of the board, where they have to clear a line of 10 cards to win. If you win the toss-up & get control, you can change the base card if it's something truly terrible like an 8. Aces & 2s are the best. As you advance along the board, you have the choice to freeze & set a checkpoint. Guessing wrong sends you back. The winner gets to play the Money Cards game, starting with $10,000. Here they play 7 cards, betting multiples of $1000 (it's allowed to bet everything you have... so if it all goes perfect you could finish with $640,000). Let's say you have a 2, so why not bet all of it higher? Well wait a sec. If the next card matches, that's counted wrong & you lose the bet. On the last money card you have to bet half or more of your bank. One guy didn't do too bad, getting $182,000. The winner from the 2nd game did terrible- three Aces in a row wiped him out. Another show I'm hooked on.

 

Criminal Minds- Episode 7.22 "Profiling 101"

 

They used to have Card Sharks when I was a kid, same show, should look it up on YouTube.  I did not know they recreated.

 

My latest show is Orange is the New Black.  Halfway through the final season and much better than the last few seasons where it got over the top silly.

Edited by djb5f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

 

They used to have Card Sharks when I was a kid, same show, should look it up on YouTube.  I did not know they recreated.

 

My latest show is Orange is the New Black.  Halfway through the final season and much better than the last few seasons where it got over the top silly.

I've caught some episodes of that on GSN & Buzzr. I love that version also. A video I've seen of it on Youtube has Norma Brown doing a perfect 100% run on the Money Cards, ending up with $28,800. She would say "shoot the max!" & go all in on every card. That was so awesome. I see the main game is similar, except you play a row of 5 cards rather than 10, with 2 wins needed.

 

If there is one thing I'd like changed, it's the "doubles lose" rule when the next Money Card is a match. On most of the Card Sharks episodes I've seen on GSN/Buzzr, I notice there is a "Push" rule. Let's say your card is a 2, so you're going all in, then another 2 comes up. You don't win that bet, but you don't lose it either. If it happens on the ABC version, sorry, it's counted wrong... bummer. ABC's one sure needs that Push rule.

 

On the ABC Money Cards round, you can now walk away from the "big bet" card. As much as I'd love to see someone nab that $640K, if I had $320,000 on that last card, I would honestly stop there, even if I had an Ace or a 2. This comes on Wednesday nights at 9 PM. Press Your Luck is on before that at 8.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I've caught some episodes of that on GSN & Buzzr. I love that version also. A video I've seen of it on Youtube has Norma Brown doing a perfect 100% run on the Money Cards, ending up with $28,800. She would say "shoot the max!" & go all in on every card. That was so awesome. I see the main game is similar, except you play a row of 5 cards rather than 10, with 2 wins needed.

 

If there is one thing I'd like changed, it's the "doubles lose" rule when the next Money Card is a match. On most of the Card Sharks episodes I've seen on GSN/Buzzr, I notice there is a "Push" rule. Let's say your card is a 2, so you're going all in, then another 2 comes up. You don't win that bet, but you don't lose it either. If it happens on the ABC version, sorry, it's counted wrong... bummer. ABC's one sure needs that Push rule.

 

On the ABC Money Cards round, you can now walk away from the "big bet" card. As much as I'd love to see someone nab that $640K, if I had $320,000 on that last card, I would honestly stop there, even if I had an Ace or a 2. This comes on Wednesday nights at 9 PM. Press Your Luck is on before that at 8.

 

Wow, Press Your Luck too?  Setting up the DVR now for a trip down memory lane. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I finished the final season of The Office (US) and today started third season of Jessica Jones.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, djb5f said:

 

Wow, Press Your Luck too?  Setting up the DVR now for a trip down memory lane. ;)

You're gonna love it, I'm sure.Total love-hate relationship with the Whammy here... while I hate seeing him grab all of someone's cash & prizes ("Oh the board giveth... & the Whammy taketh away!"), I love his slapstick antics. I've seen the original on GSN & the ABC version is pretty faithful, only with some higher dollar amounts on the board. Some of the original Whammy animations return, while you'll also see new ones.

 

If you're the main game's winner, you play a bonus game which has up to 6 rounds. Here you can get as much as $100,000 with a single spin if you reach round 6's Big Bucks Bonanza. In each round, some personalised prizes are added to the board. Now if you get to $500,000 they will double it to a million. Elizabeth Banks is good as the host on this one. Press Your Luck's announcer is Neil Ross, the voice actor for Doom 3's Sarge & Rage 2's Dr. Kvasir.

 

For the Money Cards on Card Sharks, they give out some really big casino chips (maybe about dinner-plate size) to the player to represent their bank. When betting, you stack them on the space marked Higher or Lower. Joel McHale does a good job hosting.

 

And later, Match Game with Alec Baldwin comes on at 10 PM. The humor gets a little wilder than the original.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching Formula One: Drive To Survive on Netflix. Really good docu-series and full of drama.

 

Stranger Things and The Boys are next on my watch list along with the second half of Fear The Walking Dead Season 5 when it returns from mid-season break.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am rewatching Bones for the 4th or 5th time. Currently sitting in season 5 with 7 to go. I really love the way they continue to tell a story and build on characters even tho you could come in anywhere and watch from there. I always enjoy the last 5 mins where the case is solved and the main character's get to know each other and interact - watching Bones and Both's relationship grow is one of the best parts of the show. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently running through season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead, season 1 of Into the Badlands and season 1 of Animal Kingdom. Also gonna check out The Boys at some point this week, probably the weekend.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the-boys-tv-series-poster.jpg

 

After seeing the cast and reading the plot i knew this show would be awesome, but damn, it's even better.

I hope season 2 will come out ASAP

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Card Sharks.

OMG someone did really good on Money Cards. While not a record breaker by any means ($200,000 still stands... I hope someone hits $300,000 by the end of the season) it was still pretty darn amazing. The jamming theme song at the opening reminds me a little of Hawaii Five-O.

Spoiler

$125,000.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6dab0746b3d3022212931db3c838b835.jpg

I started watching The Preacher a week ago. I'm almost at the end of season 3 and the show is amazing. I can't even count the WTF scenes this show has and all its craziness. And i just realized that like The Boys, this is another show which is based on comics. Apparently that's the reason it has some awesome characters

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legion finale -

Favorite lines after reactions and their reactions-

"I like your jumper."

"What just happened?" 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boys.

 

It started great. But little by little was getting full of political correctness. Still, fun.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently watching The Boys on Prime Video. Burnt out on superheroes after Spider-Man: Far From Home, but this is something unique in the genre (and refreshing)

the-boys-1-1564564650.jpg?crop=0.676xw:1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.