The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

MV5BMjhlODE5ZTktNGUwYS00MGM5LTkzNWItYjNk

The $100,000 Name That Tune (with Jim Lange)

I watched this on Family Channel (now Freeform) in the mid 1990s, and recently found a few recordings. The opening theme is hot stuff. I sure hope we get a new version of this... Beat Shazam is nice, but there are a few things it's missing. NTT is more challenging because you don't get multiple choice answers. Bid-A-Note gets interesting, especially when someone bids down to 1 or 2 notes. Someone can even say "I can name that tune in ZERO notes" if they're brave enough to go by the clue alone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently finished the third and fourth season of The Man in the High Castle and I'm a little disappointed. The first three seasons were captivating, had interesting characters and storylines - and then the fourth season throws it all away: half the cast is missing, instead of intricate politics we just have a lot of killing and even within the season I felt that many things didn't work out. For example, John Smith reminded me of the terrible way Jamie Lannister was handled in the final season of GoT, and they tease interesting things regarding the portal and how it cursed the protagonist just to not address it afterwards at all except for a bunch of people coming through. The only part (apart from Kenneth Tigar's acting) that surprised me in a positive way was Helen's story.

And just an hour ago I watched the finale of another fourth season, this one far better than the last: The Magicians. I love the books and the way those and the show captivate me feels similar to how it was a long time ago with Harry Potter. Afterwards I saw in a trailer that the fifth season is already running, but for some reason it's not available on Amazon yet (at least not here).

• Like 1

250px-Criminal-Minds.svg.png

Criminal Minds

5.09 - "100"  The 100th episode, and one of my favorites so far of this series. Aaron Hotchner and his old nemesis The Reaper tangle one last time.

Spoiler

This is a pretty sad one also. The Reaper (George Foyet, alias Peter Rhea) makes it to the house where Aaron's ex-wife Haley and son Jack also live. Aaron tries to get there in time to stop him. But there is the sound of a gunshot over Aaron's phone, and when he gets there he finds Haley dead. Enraged, Aaron encounters The Reaper and an especially brutal fight ensues. Once Aaron gets the upper hand, he starts beating the holy hell out of The Reaper and that's it for him.

5.13  "Risky Business" - D.C. Douglas (Trails of Cold Steel's voice actor for Valimar and Rufus) appears as Mr. Krouse, the father of one of the Unsub's victims.

• 2 weeks later...

The Politician (Netflix Series Original)

I did see this advertised when it got released but it really didn't impress me much, but a couple weeks back I thought to give it a go as I love American Horror Story and this is one of Ryan Murphys projects, I thought to atleast give the first episode a go to see if I did like it. Oh boy, I wish I had watched it when season 1 came out as it, watched the whole of season 1 in one day.

I defiantly do recommend for people to watch it and ignore the trailer as the trailer made it seem like it were about rich students backstabbing eachother to get what they want with a lot of 'bitchyness' involved, granted there are but I thought the trailer wrongly interpreted on what the season was about as I thought it was defiantly a 'heavy' season mainly because of the main character Payton dealing with a lot of depression and grief due to the events that happens in the first episode, he were a very sympathetic character with how 'damaged' he is as a person. So looking forward for the season 2 to come out this year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

250px-The_Walking_Dead_2010_logo.svg.png

Episode 10.10 "Stalker"

Last week's episode 10.9 "Squeeze" seemed to drag on, but this one got the pace up rather nicely. There was quite a bit of actual combat with Whisperers. I'm ready for the Whisperer arc to work on wrapping up by the season's end. Gabriel has gone up a Level in Badass.

Spoiler

Rosita takes on Beta, and there's the big fight between Daryl and Alpha (while both of them get wrecked pretty bad, they both survive).

Also... Lydia is back!

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

See the source image

This is amazing. I don't watch many things or keep up with many shows etc., but this is an exception. I highly recommend this to all of you. You won't be disappointed at all. This is a show that I pride myself in liking. I love everything about it... the artwork, story.....you name it and I like it.

Phenomenal! 

Edited by TENCHU_REPPA
comma

• 5 weeks later...

The-Rookie.jpg

(April 5) This episode was a cross-over with American Idol. Ryan Seacrest, Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan made cameo appearances.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:04 AM, aimeraya said:

Criminal Minds, Season 15, series ends.

Not a bad ending for the series. I just wish S15 were a bit longer. Thanks to We TV for airing reruns on Saturdays of seasons 1-10.

• 2 weeks later...