The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

peacemaker-poster.jpg?fit=1200,675&ssl=1

I'm halfway through the season and mostly enjoying it.

Cena's titular character and his sociopath buddy Vigilante are particularly fun to follow.

There's a generous amount of filler though, and Gunn's girlfriend - Jennifer Holland - is given a lot of screen time, even though there's little to nothing captivating about her character or performance.

So... sort of a mixed bag, but still fun to watch. I'm curious to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

• Like 1

Finally finished this one up.

250px-Boardwalk_Empire_2010_Intertitle.p

8/10

Great show overall, even though season 3 and 4 were a bit weak.

250px-The_Night_Of_title_card.jpg

7/10

This show could've been wrapped up in 4 episodes instead of 8. Too much pointless filler that added nothing to the plot.

250px-Patrick_Melrose_Poster.jpeg

7/10

Started out great, and then kind of drifted away into above average territory.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

10-the-morning-show.jpg

I was expecting a disposable lighthearted satire, discovered a damn interesting contemporary drama instead.

Some moments in this show really pack a punch with great gasp or laugh out loud snippets.

The supporting cast is absolutely magnificent with charismatic performances from Billy Crudup, Mark Duplas, Karen Pittman and Steve Carell.

Unfortunately, Jennifer Aniston's character and performance are not up to par. She wanted to play a ruthless badass and a likable character at the same time, but ends up missing both targets.

Worth watching for everyone else though.

Magnumm_PI_logo_2018.png

Magnum P.I. - Season 4 Episode 20 - "Close to Home" (season finale)

Katsumoto is in one hell of a mess this time. A masked captor has taken his ex hostage. This ended up to be a good closer for season 4.

EDIT: Aaaaand... TIL that it has been canceled. ? Rats.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

halfstack-busshelter-48x70-moonknight-v7-lg-0

I finished it the other day and I still think about it, this show has been such a fun ride. 

I'm very interested in egyptian mythology so when I heard they're making a moon knight tv show I was so excited for it and I was not disappointed. 

I think this is the best Marvel TV show yet, it showed sides never seen before in the MCU such an mental illness and abuse. It had it's flaws (mainly pacing issues due to it only being 6 episoes) but the overall experience was very enjoyable. Camerawork was captivating, it had good soundtrack, nice CGI, Khonshu looked really cool! Good actors, Oscar Isaac was simply amazing he's a brilliant actor, I especially love how he played Steven. I just want more tbh.. I hope they make a second season. 

• Like 2

250px-Law_&_Order_Organized_Crime_logo.s Law & Order: Organized Crime

Season 2 Episode 21: "Streets is Watching"

This one wastes no time getting to the action. Someone attempts a hit on Stabler, but they take off before anyone can get a good look at them. It's getting real, and Stabler moves his family to another place for now. The attempted killer's identity turns out to be a surprise. Season 2 will wrap up next week. I've been impressed by L&O: OC for both seasons, and thankfully NBC has just greenlit a 3rd one.

Also before this, the other two L&O series- Law & Order (with Anthony Anderson back as Detective Kevin Bernard), and L&O: Special Victims Unit.

A1wrPfE05CL._RI_.jpg

I've been curious about this show for years. Yesterday, I was looking for a thriller to watch and decided to give it a try.

Two and a half episodes in and I'm hooked.

Great concept. Great execution. It seems to be one of those situations where the leads were born to play the roles.

Yeah, I'ma keep watching.

• Like 4

On 15/05/2022 at 4:17 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

A1wrPfE05CL._RI_.jpg

I've been curious about this show for years. Yesterday, I was looking for a thriller to watch and decided to give it a try.

Two and a half episodes in and I'm hooked.

Great concept. Great execution. It seems to be one of those situations where the leads were born to play the roles.

Yeah, I'ma keep watching.

You won’t be disappointed-

One of those rare shows that starts strong, and only gets better as it goes on!

• Like 1