Ever been cheated on?

- Deleted -

Anybody ever been cheated on? In a bad place right now and just want to see if/how you guys would cope with this situation. I know this isn't a positive topic by any means so it could possibly be taken down? Idk. Also couldn't think of a better place to put this topic in so I stuck it here. Feel free to move it.

• Like 3

Yes, it's never fun. We broke up, a bit back and forth. She was with others, I was with others. Forgave her later, but she did it again, so then there was no more chances. Probably because of distance (wasn't that far away, just didn't live close enough to meet every day). But I'm happily married now, and been so for a lot of years. :) Fun story, after I left her the last time, she got pregnant with some other dude. One day she calls me, asking me if you can tell how long someone has played WoW, because she wants child custody. I'm glad I left her TBH, and I wouldn't want a child with her at that age either. :) 

Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Anybody ever been cheated on? In a bad place right now and just want to see if/how you guys would cope with this situation. I know this isn't a positive topic by any means so it could possibly be taken down? Idk. Also couldn't think of a better place to put this topic in so I stuck it here. Feel free to move it.

Where you posted the thread is fine. I have however edited the title to explain what the thread is about a bit better.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yes, it's never fun. Forgave later, and then she did it again, so then there was no more chances. But I'm happily married now, and been so for a lot of years. :) 

Smh. I'm happy you've moved on :P in response to your edit, that's crazy. We don't need people like that. It's amazing how heartless people can be.

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Where you posted the thread is fine. I have however edited the title to explain what the thread is about a bit better.

Thank you 

Edited by ryankamal1998

7 minutes ago, doordie19822015 said:

Yeah,you can either be depressed and drink a few beers over it or move on.Both male and females cheat so.Not sure if it is your girlfriend or wife but don't be miserable about it.It happens to most of us.Cheer up man

461ffdda53769d0c8948c07e51dc41b7.jpg

I was depressed at first but after a few hours I just told myself to stop being stupid. I'm sure the past will hit me but I'll try my best to block that out of my memory. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, juniordrfanatic said:

I was cheated on. It sucks, went into a depression for a bit...

But honestly? Greatest thing that ever happened to me, i met the love of my life a couple years after that, and funny thing is, i wasn't even looking.

Really happy for you man. It's crazy to think I was with the girl of my dreams just 12 hours ago. The happiest I've been in a while. Really thought this was the one..

Edited by ryankamal1998
Grammar

Most people have been cheated on one time in their life, whether they know it or not. I have too. The best thing you can do is try to move on. Keep your mind busy. If you can't, do your best to think of the positive effects of the situation. You're now available to meet somebody who will be better for you. Also, you now how free time. Nobody to answer to. Sometimes just time will fix the pain.

• Like 4

It's just a harsh breaking of connections, like switching your ps4 off at the wall mid-game...it's bound to do some damage.   :P  That person isn't for you, no matter what idealised picture you might have of them, see past it and understand that they didn't care enough or respect you enough, and don't be hurt by those ideas, it's their loss, they are the one that betrayed and it's poor character to do such a thing...they really aren't worth the heartache.   Chin up, get up, and move past it in a dignified manner, no pining, no despair, and whatever you do, do not let that person take your trust.   You'll get through it, we all do! :)

Edited by RedMustang72
  • Like 1

I don't think I've been cheated on but I have been the cheater. In a relationship that was all just for show in the mind of my ex, so sure I cheated twice. After feeling like the worse person on earth for a while, I started a relationship without even realizing it, it has so far been the happiest 12 years of my life.

I still feel like dirt for cheating, regardless of my ex being a complete douche after several years, there's no excuse imo. OP, maybe in your experience your cheater may have the same feelings.

Edit: Had to edit, I meant maybe they feel like shit, not the douche bit.

Edited by Z1MZUM

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I don't think I've been cheated on but I have been the cheater. In a relationship that was all just for show in the mind of my ex, so sure I cheated twice. After feeling like the worse person on earth for a while, I started a relationship without even realizing it, it has so far been the happiest 12 years of my life.

I still feel like dirt for cheating, regardless of my ex being a complete douche after several years, there's no excuse imo. OP, maybe in your experience your cheater may have the same feelings.

Damn dude.. it takes a lot to admit something like that. It's a pretty unforgivable thing to do if you're on the other end. Personally I can't and won't forgive her for it no matter how much she says she'll change. We had a lot together and it kills me that she blew it all away like nothing. Pretty sure she's not nearly as depressed as I was/am. Maybe we can stay friends at most, doubt it though.

What you did wasn't a good thing by any means but it was the past and you've moved on (I hope). I'm happy that you're in a what seems to be, strong relationship. How you got to that point however, isn't cool in my book.

Yeah it isn't cool and will stick with me. It's not like I have a history of doing such a thing apart from this one partner. Let's just say that once I realized my ex was (still is) a racist, it was all over from there, still what I did was cruel.

Relationships suck (Not always) and I truly feel sorry for you, hang in there. Things will eventually work out for you I'm sure.

• Like 1

I would never cheat a other Person. Loyalty is my honour. It's tattooed on my right Arm. I've never cheated in my Life and think never been cheated on. My Wife and I are together for over 14 Years now. And I'm 35.

Human's often doesn't know what they want. Brain off and live. But I think that Life can't make you happy. For a few Hours or Days yes, but after that you will fall in a deep Hole. And there is nobody and give you a Hug.

I'm sorry that it happened to you.

• Like 3

I was dating a girlfriend of mine for a couple months 3 years ago until we broke up over the summer because she said she "needed time." About a week later I found out she hooked up with and started seeing one of my friends. Though she didn't necessarily cheat on me, I felt cheated. But it was beneficial in the end because now she's gone and my friend and I became closer friends because of it.

• Like 1

I was dating this girl when I was finishing up high school and into college. Well on the day before Christmas Eve I found out she was cheating on me, I confronted her on it, waited until Christmas Day, we visited her family her mom gave me a hug (she knew the whole time), visited my family, when to my place and I gave her a present then broke up with her. She told me I was subhuman and I laughed right in her face.

The whole thing killed me for a while, but I got over it. Played a lot of RC: Going Commando, so that was pretty good.

16 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

I was dating this girl when I was finishing up high school and into college. Well on the day before Christmas Eve I found out she was cheating on me, I confronted her on it, waited until Christmas Day, we visited her family her mom gave me a hug (she knew the whole time), visited my family, when to my place and I gave her a present then broke up with her. She told me I was subhuman and I laughed right in her face.

The whole thing killed me for a while, but I got over it. Played a lot of RC: Going Commando, so that was pretty good.

Dude, oh, how I've experienced similar before. Someone you care about, someone you want never to lie to you, someone you trust and rely upon, they just stand there lie straight to your face and you know it. Even worse, someone else you talk to may know it too, and you give the person a chance to admit it, several times. At that point you can do many things.

One thing I often do is bait them to make up new excuses and stories that doesn't make sense and they just stand there continue to lie to you, would rather say some crazy story nobody would believe. In the end you get to a point where you can't pretend anymore, they understand you know something they didn't want you to know. And you both know they told a lot of lies so you wouldn't know, and there's no other excuse anymore.

You can also just live with it, but it will usually just grow on you and become more painful. You may also tell yourself that you want to approach them at a more suitable point. You may in fact be afraid what will happen if you approach them about it. Maybe you should just let it slip. Maybe they won't do it again, you'll make sure it doesn't. If they are cheating on you, you may want to give them a chance to stop, but they won't. They will usually continue to something stops it.

You waited until a fitting time to approach them. If you've decided to ruin the relationship, you can be extra evil about it. I hope you humiliated her in front of her family, who would also be humiliated if you told them all you knew they knew. Many go the route of doing something similar back, which usually have two effects. Either it ends the relationship pretty quickly, or if they really want you they may fight for you.

Oh well...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Damn /: she even chose the best time of year huh..

Yeah this shit is killing me more than I thought it would lol. I try to keep my mind off it then something triggers a memory. The fact it's barely been 24 hours doesn't help either I guess..

46 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You waited until a fitting time to approach them. If you've decided to ruin the relationship, you can be extra evil about it. I hope you humiliated her in front of her family, who would also be humiliated if you told them all you knew they knew. Many go the route of doing something similar back, which usually have two effects. Either it ends the relationship pretty quickly, or if they really want you they may fight for you.

Oh well...

Yeah. The goal really wasn't as much about being mean or whatever, but more about me not wanting to have to explain to my family why we had just broken up. Plus I wanted to burn the final bridge so to speak.

41 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Damn /: she even chose the best time of year huh..

Yeah this shit is killing me more than I thought it would lol. I try to keep my mind off it then something triggers a memory. The fact it's barely been 24 hours doesn't help either I guess..

It had probably been going on for a while, and that is the thing, this person can just lie to you for so long with no guilt. I think that realization was the worst part.

But, hey things get better and worse. After that I had three years of dating multiple girls with no real attachment. It changed who I was as a man, made me better really, which led me to my wife. 

• Like 1

I was made a fool of when a person I was dating came to me and said that they'd been approached by their ex. Long story short, they kissed, and he wanted to know if I could forgive him. Silly dolly that I am I thanked him for being so honest about it and let it go. Their previous relationship had been turbulent and he was in a weird head space at the time. He thanked me for being so understanding, told me I was the best thing that ever happened to him and that he didn't think he deserved me but was so happy that I could see past his faults... and then two weeks later completely disappeared. Wouldn't answer my calls, my texts, blocked me on Facebook, the works. I was a wreck because I felt it could only mean one of two things; that I had done something to upset him and didn't know what or that something had happened to him which was even worse.

Turns out he went back to his ex and didn't even give me the courtesy of letting me know we were finished. It cut deep and for the longest time I blamed myself. That I hadn't stepped when he told they had kissed and maybe that made it look like I didn't care or wasn't serious about him. Or that I was just not good enough and he had told me all those things because he felt bad for me.

Turns out he was just a jerk. It took me waaay too long to figure that out and get over it but I finally did and feel much better for it. Don't let people play with your feelings. If they're going to do things like that to you, drop them, move on, and be grateful it didn't go further. Don't blame yourself or let it get to you because it's never worth it. There are other people out there worth your time.

• Like 3