Ever been cheated on?

- Deleted -

Never.

It was ten years.
But if in all the years no matter how many chances he had gotten here looking for a job had not taken true and always found new excuses; just not to work here and maybe to live with me .. it just does not make sense ... especially if you ask yourself in the middle then if it makes sense if you really love these people ... no caresses nothing more ... and already from the fourth year ... I had hopes it will be better ..
He was not a bad person; never beat or shouted at me; was always there for me ... but if it just does not fit you should draw a line before you torture yourself and your partner.
So both can still go their own way without much shouting and find a new love.

• Like 1

Yes and it disgusts me to even think about it even after these many moons. I treated her like a golden egg! Once upon a time she would had been drowned in a pig-cage. But the worlds change.

I have only been in 1 relationship and I have a feeling that she did cheat on me. The way she was always talking about certain guys and how she acted were dead give-a-ways. But that was a very long time ago and I had no actual proof outside of a very strong feeling. I have no luck with relationships in general so after some years I stopped trying. Now all i do is work, occasionally finding time for video games, movies or bicycling.

I do not like the hypocrisy of cheating, I hear women talk about how when they cheat it was "their right" but if men cheat they are lower than scum. The way I see it neither party should cheat it is not good no matter who you are or what gender you are, cheating is cheating.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

This one is difficult to answer. My former partner would fall in love with a mutual friend while I was still in the relationship. I don't think she did anything physical but it definitely had the intimacy of infidelity and lead to the destruction of the initial relationship.

At that point you have to ask if emotional infidelity qualifies as cheating.

Both times occurred after 2 and a half years into the relationship. (I took her back the first time, learned my lesson the second. No she didn't do it to me with the same guy twice.).

It is something that despite the fact that relationship ended 3 years ago, I am still dealing with the aftermath. It's bizarre, despite the fact I didn't do anything at fault I felt like I was the one who needed to apologize. Like there was something wrong with me that lead to the destruction of the relationship.

I'm not going to get too into the details but I get the feeling that even though they are no longer in my life, they will consistently haunt me through the grapevine of mutual contacts.

Edited by SonicMTD
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 3:28 AM, SonicMTD said:

This one is difficult to answer. My former partner would fall in love with a mutual friend while I was still in the relationship. I don't think she did anything physical but it definitely had the intimacy of infidelity and lead to the destruction of the initial relationship.

At that point you have to ask if emotional infidelity qualifies as cheating.

Both times occurred after 2 and a half years into the relationship. (I took her back the first time, learned my lesson the second. No she didn't do it to me with the same guy twice.).

It is something that despite the fact that relationship ended 3 years ago, I am still dealing with the aftermath. It's bizarre, despite the fact I didn't do anything at fault I felt like I was the one who needed to apologize. Like there was something wrong with me that lead to the destruction of the relationship.

I'm not going to get too into the details but I get the feeling that even though they are no longer in my life, they will consistently haunt me through the grapevine of mutual contacts.

Honestly, it's the "emotional infidelity" that is the worst. It's not just that she was attracted to someone physically, but rather she really liked him and would want to be with him etc.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 7:18 AM, MMDE said:

Honestly, it's the "emotional infidelity" that is the worst. It's not just that she was attracted to someone physically, but rather she really liked him and would want to be with him etc.

I think whether it's emotional or physical they are both equally as bad since they have one thing in common: the breaking of trust. Once trust is out of the window it's impossible to salvage any kind of meaningful relationship no matter how much you think you want to. I get that people make mistakes but trust is so fundamental to anything real and long-term that I would never be able to rekindle a fire with someone who's cheated on me even if I forgave them. It'd be something filled with doubts, second guesses and you may even question everything they say, or whether they mean it. Something as simple as a "I miss you" could send you spiralling. I'd much rather just reminisce about the good times somewhere down the line.

Personally, I've never been cheated on to the best of my knowledge but I have had someone break a lot of promises and the emotional toll from that was just as harrowing as imagining them embracing the physical intimacy of someone else.

Edited by Zolkovo

I have been twice possibly 3 times the third was my last girlfriend she lived with her ex they were apparently just friends, I trust that she didn't cheat mainly because when we broke up her reason was so she wouldn't end up cheating on me. She moved to another city and long distance wasn't working, I was also planning to move to be with her but I needed to plan things out first like a job she couldn't wait that long.

Anyway story about the second girl that chested on me. She actually told me while we were dating when she was with her ex after he was asleep she would go and sleep with his flatmate. So she had a history of cheating.

Anyway she ended cheating on me with my friends sister a bunch of random guys, and a guy she actually introduced me to claiming he was just a friend who gave her lifts who she left me for. I was a teen at the time and she was good in bed hence the reason I didn't really care. 

Anyway I'm now 5 years happily single. That's not sarcasm either. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18
Paragraphs.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes. A human that was half man half wo-man stole my platinum. I cried a lot but then I moved on and got the bling.

There isn't any lovely pie without a taste of platinum.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, det_gittes said:

Let's hope he's in a much better place :)

Oh he ded? 

Yes, glad it was blatant as well and not something prolonged.

To think that it bothered me as much as it did back then makes me laugh but it was one of life's lessons.

It all works out in the end even though you don't think it at the time, years later I'm married and have a beautiful daughter I wouldn't change for the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, was at her birthday actually and I left something in her room and i asked a friend to just get it for me and when he went to get it he couldn't open the door and when he pushed on it the mattress was against it and he asked me to help so when we both pushed on the door I saw her having sex with my two best mates at the same time and she hid in wardrobe and thought I didn't see her

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm 26 years old and since I'm a sociopath, I have never been engaged and kissed a girl (I actually consider myself asexual) and more the years passes, the less I care about it. 

I just care about my family, my job and my passions (music, movies and videogames). I'm a stubborn, selfish and materialistic person and I like the way I am. 

Relationships do not appear in Maslow's hierarchy of needs. 

I respect all of you guys that have been cheated and the emotional pain for your losses, but troubles are plenty more and serious in life. Not emotionally broken heart. 

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm