Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orlay_

Aeirou's Dispute

29 posts in this topic

Aeirou

LittleBigPlanet 2
I used 2 playstations for this one. I played the whole game on one playstation that I never sync'd and moved the profile over to another playstation and sync'd it. Too closely resemble people save swapping so it's flagged.

White Knight Chronicles II
I started this game on a fat playstation that overheated. I didn't care about trophies at the time, but I was only missing one trophy for beating a boss when my playstation overheated. I had the save backed up on ps+, so when i got my new playstation i eventually revisited the game.

You backed saves up on PS+, but didn't synch the trophies?

Using saves to pop trophies out of order and at impossible times (not synching your original earning of the trophies, but continue using a save that has earned those trophies on another console etc) is not wanted on the leaderboards. Please hide them to reappear on the leaderboards.

Edited by MMDE

I don't care about leaderboards to be honest. I just don't like being flagged because I participate in events involving trophies and completing games.

And yeah, when I originally paid for ps+ the free games weren't interesting to me so I just used it for backing up my saves. Also, if you remember on PS3 the trophy syncing took a long time manually if you had 8k+ trophies. I just didn't care enough at the time when I was playing a big game like WKC2. I only cared about making my hub awesome for material gathering.

Edited by Aeirou

12 minutes ago, Aeirou said:

I don't care about leaderboards to be honest. I just don't like being flagged because I participate in events involving trophies and completing games.

And yeah, when I originally paid for ps+ the free games weren't interesting to me so I just used it for backing up my saves. Also, if you remember on PS3 the trophy syncing took a long time manually if you had 8k+ trophies. I just didn't care enough at the time when I was playing a big game like WKC2. I only cared about making my hub awesome for material gathering.

If you wanted your hub to have good materials it usually looked like garbage. lol jk

Do you remember when you originally played WK2 (the time when you didn't sync)? The year at least would help.

Edited by RVMcypress_grave
spelun

12 minutes ago, Aeirou said:

If you don't care about the leaderboards (country and world rank etc), then you don't need to hide the game. I think you can't currently use the gaming sessions either, but Sly is supposed to fix this.

I don't care about rank, but if I don't hide the games then the rank disappears entirely. Other trophy hunters view that as a fucked account, so I have them hidden. I have almost 460 games played. I really don't care about 2-3 that look off. The flagged message I got made it sound like hiding the trophies wasn't enough to unflag the account, so here I am.

I played WKC2 in 2011. I know there was at least a year or so before I came back to it because my friends stopped playing the game when my original playstation broke. I didn't have a group anymore.

1 minute ago, Aeirou said:

I don't care about rank, but if I don't hide the games then the rank disappears entirely. Other trophy hunters view that as a fucked account, so I have them hidden. I have almost 460 games played. I really don't care about 2-3 that look off. The flagged message I got made it sound like hiding the trophies wasn't enough to unflag the account, so here I am.

I played WKC2 in 2011. I know there was at least a year or so before I came back to it because my friends stopped playing the game when my original playstation broke. I didn't have a group anymore.

Yeah, each flag you don't get lifted is a strike on your account. Once you hit 3 you're permanently off, regardless of if you hide the games or not.

Why did you wait for a new playstation if you had another already? Or did you get a second ps3 at a later date?

If you're referring to my LBP2 2 playstations comment, then that was when my older brother lived with me for a time. One was mine and one was his. My phat playstation broke after he moved out, so I had to get a new one. I got a new one shortly after mine broke. My group on WKC2 was already bored though so the few days I was off was enough for them to move on.

Did you hide LBP2? I am trying to find it on your list but I don't see it.

Yes. It's been hidden for years because when it was flagged there was no dispute option.

On White Knight Chronicles II, you went from <50 Quests completed with an "S" rank to 100 Quests completed with an "S" rank in 9 seconds.  If that isn't evidence of having downloaded a save file (or having hacked your own), I don't know what else it could be.  It's not legit any which way.

You've got similar patterns for binding and for rare equipment and for learning skill trees for that matter.

If you're going to claim you played this game start-to-finish completely clean, I'm going to call bullshit.  And based on those patterns, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the one who filed the flag report in the first place precisely because of that.

Edited by acasser
Adding more information

5 minutes ago, acasser said:

On White Knight Chronicles II, you went from <50 Quests completed with an "S" rank to 100 Quests completed with an "S" rank in 9 seconds.  If that isn't evidence of having downloaded a save file (or having hacked your own), I don't know what else it could be.  It's not legit any which way.

You've got similar patterns for binding and for rare equipment and for learning skill trees for that matter.

If you're going to claim you played this game start-to-finish completely clean, I'm going to call bullshit.  And based on those patterns, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the one who filed the flag report in the first place precisely because of that.

Did you even make an attempt to read the post he made about it. 

I realize which trophies look off, and as I already mentioned I played the game for a long time without syncing trophies. The only trophy I legitimately needed when I came back was being the boss in that tower, or whatever. I only vaguely remember the game, it's been over 5 years since I really played it. The reason I went back to it was that someone offered to help me kill the boss so I could finish the game. When the trophy unlocked on my new playstation, the crafting and quest trophies stacked. It's really a simple enough explanation. If you want to believe that the time stamps can't be explained in any other way besides that they must be hacked, that's on you not me.

People who hack the trophies and/or their own save file have trophy lists and timestamps that resemble yours.  Should we simply "take your word for it" that you did it legit without any evidence of such?  And if that's permitted, doesn't that give everyone who cheated a "get out of jail free" card for the same thing?

2 minutes ago, acasser said:

Everything after October 2011 is out of order for the reasons he gave (if true).

My problem is that I went through your trophy log and I can't find a gap that matches your story about your playstation breaking causing your team to abandon you. You claim to have been missing only 1 trophy but you were continuously getting trophies that are synced on other games. I'm not accusing you but if you could rectify your list with the story you told then it may help you have the flag lifted.

https://lbp.me/u/Aeirou/pins

^ Sucks you hid that info, but it seems you've been online with the console.

Does anyone know what it means that their privacy setting is not configured?

The latest pins you got isn't exactly for doing something amazing, basically what would show if you hadn't played the game much. :S 

Edited by MMDE

1 minute ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

Everything after October 2011 is out of order for the reasons he gave (if true).

10 minutes ago, acasser said:

Former WKC1+2 player here.  Here's a snippet of the WKC2 trophies:

wkc2-trimmed.png

I agree w/ @acasser that these timestamps are not legit.  The OP's story of "only missing one trophy" also does not check because, if they had earned all but one trophy before their PS3 mishap, there should not be multiple distinct groups auto-popping ~20-21hrs after each other.

2 minutes ago, sushi_thief said:

I agree w/ @acasser that these timestamps are not legit.  The OP's story of "only missing one trophy" also does not check because, if they had earned all but one trophy before their PS3 mishap, there should not be multiple distinct groups auto-popping ~20-21hrs after each other.

I played both games, I'm just not familiar with using a save (even your own) and how the trophies unlock in that situation. None of this seems legitimate though based on your info as well as the trophy log.

10 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I played both games, I'm just not familiar with using a save (even your own) and how the trophies unlock in that situation. None of this seems legitimate though based on your info as well as the trophy log.

Don't take me as the certified expert on this, but I suspect the game checks for a certain subset of trophies when appropriate actions are taken.  Under that hypothesis, it would check for completion of a particular number of quests with an "S" rank when any particular quest is completed with an "S" rank, or it would check for a quantity of pieces of rare equipment when a new one is acquired, et cetera.

The list of trophies that @sushi_thief lists above is the sort of thing that draws my attention for a potential flag when I poke my way through this particular game.  It's the sort of thing that frequently appears when someone loads up a (near) complete save file downloaded from elsewhere, and it's not even all that uncommon amongst players who have completed the Platinum in the (nearly) four years since the servers were taken down.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I think you can't currently use the gaming sessions either, but Sly is supposed to fix this.

Sly fixed gaming sessions quite some time ago. That is no longer a concern for anyone who is flagged. 

If you unhide Little Big Planet 2 that will be easier to check what's wrong with it.

Based on past disputes, if the LittleBigPlanet 2 is not unhidden, there will be zero chance of it being lifted. 

1 hour ago, sushi_thief said:

AS this @sushi_thief said, if you actually had backed up an unsynced save and synched it on a new profile, you would have seen one group of autopopping. This division of auto-popping suggests that a save was used in which a certain action must be performed to pop your trophies.

53 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

if you actually had backed up an unsynced save and synched it on a new profile, you would have seen one group of autopopping. This division of auto-popping suggests that a save was used in which a certain action must be performed to pop your trophies.

While I admit imperfect knowledge on whether WKC2 auto-pops all trophies or requires a triggered check, isn't that detail irrelevant?

Things that are flaggable:

• Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order.
  • Impossible timestamps - If your timestamps are too close to each other, earned unrealistically before the release date of the game (Journalists and similar people get games typically a week or two early, any time before this period that isn't explainable can get flagged), or earned impossibly out of order.

edit: vv ohhai 😀  I accidentally a whole post.

Edited by sushi_thief

1 minute ago, sushi_thief said:

While I admit imperfect knowledge on whether WKC

I'm saying you're right. But based on past trends, it's highly unlikely that he's telling the truth