R2 button usage?

DrakeHellsing

7 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Okay, so after chapter one, the game mentioned something about teleporting to HQ and back via the R2 button (I think), but then when in HQ, it mentioned something else, a trait... or something.  So what would the R2 button actually do?

Holding R2 (:r2:) makes you go fast , like Mount on other mmos.  Every char has different "fast moving" form .    If you want teleport back to HQ you push the down button . :down:

Just now, Xionx said:

Holding R2 (:r2:) makes you go fast , like Mount on other mmos.  Every char has different "fast moving" form .    If you want teleport back to HQ you push the down button . :down:

Ah okay, wasn't sure, since it went by a bit fast, was doing something and it showed up and yeah x.x

But thanks... I wonder what my hero will do for moving fast now, I doubt he'd get his car to drive fast :P

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah okay, wasn't sure, since it went by a bit fast, was doing something and it showed up and yeah x.x

But thanks... I wonder what my hero will do for moving fast now, I doubt he'd get his car to drive fast :P

Havent played Punisher yet . But he looks like a Bike guy.  Most chars that can fly do that as fast form . Ghostrider has a Bike (what really?)

Just now, Xionx said:

Havent played Punisher yet . But he looks like a Bike guy.  Most chars that can fly do that as fast form . Ghostrider has a Bike (what really?)

Yeah, saw a Deadpool start teleporting along the ground, but hey, who knows, I'll test it out for sure :D

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, saw a Deadpool start teleporting along the ground, but hey, who knows, I'll test it out for sure :D

TBH 70 % of the characters i have never seen or heard of . I have not much knowledge about Marvel.  For me its fun have many different characters to see and play with . I like games like this (diablo styl) , and have huge char choice is awesome. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Xionx said:

TBH 70 % of the characters i have never seen or heard of . I have not much knowledge about Marvel.  For me its fun have many different characters to see and play with . I like games like this (diablo styl) , and have huge char choice is awesome. ^_^

I just used it... he runs... really fast xD

But can't do anything else right now till it finishes downloading which sucks, but ah well :D

Not sure who I'm gonna pick next though, Blade might be my choice, or maybe Star-Lord? Not sure yet, gotta get enough crystal things first xD

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

I just used it... he runs... really fast xD

But can't do anything else right now till it finishes downloading which sucks, but ah well :D

Not sure who I'm gonna pick next though, Blade might be my choice, or maybe Star-Lord? Not sure yet, gotta get enough crystal things first xD

Turorial should get you enough Splinter to buy a char . But i guess you already know that ^^.  525 most chars cost.  I tried Blade , dont like his "thirst -starving" mechanic . But i heard he is pretty strong late game.  I level magik (playes like necromancer) , and Warmarchine  to 60.  And i maybe main Warmarchine , hes pretty fun.  Rocket racoon is awesome too but he is one of the expansive characters sadly.

Just now, Xionx said:

Turorial should get you enough Splinter to buy a char . But i guess you already know that ^^.  525 most chars cost.  I tried Blade , dont like his "thirst -starving" mechanic . But i heard he is pretty strong late game.  I level magik (playes like necromancer) , and Warmarchine  to 60.  And i maybe main Warmarchine , hes pretty fun.  Rocket racoon is awesome too but he is one of the expansive characters sadly.

Yeah, tutorial did tell me to buy a character and I had picked Punisher and so far, I am loving him for sure.  But grinding out more Splinter for 4 more characters is gonna be a pain, especially on who I may want to pick in order to play as.

By the way I'll ask it here, those treasure rooms, are they in the hub areas of the chapters? Or in the specific only you portion of the chapter? Cause I don't think I've found a room yet.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, tutorial did tell me to buy a character and I had picked Punisher and so far, I am loving him for sure.  But grinding out more Splinter for 4 more characters is gonna be a pain, especially on who I may want to pick in order to play as.

By the way I'll ask it here, those treasure rooms, are they in the hub areas of the chapters? Or in the specific only you portion of the chapter? Cause I don't think I've found a room yet.

You can download Daredevil for free in Ps-store. So 3 more to go. And if you want go cheapest way , there are 3 chars that only cost 250 splinter. Grinding your lvl up to 60  multiple times , grinding for better gear , and grinding the 2 prestige should give you a lot of splinter without thinking about it to much.

Treasure and showdown rooms are in the Hub areas where you can see other players . If i remember correctly there was no treasure room in the "solo" areas , but you should better check them too.  I got the trophy today because i was focusing on discovering whole map on every chapter and clear all treasure rooms.  (R2 is your friend here) .  But you shouldnt skip to many enemys on your first playthrough . I did it on my second char.

Just now, Xionx said:

You can download Daredevil for free in Ps-store. So 3 more to go. And if you want go cheapest way , there are 3 chars that only cost 250 splinter. Grinding your lvl up to 60  multiple times , grinding for better gear , and grinding the 2 prestige should give you a lot of splinter without thinking about it to much.

Treasure and showdown rooms are in the Hub areas where you can see other players . If i remember correctly there was no treasure room in the "solo" areas , but you should better check them too.  I got the trophy today because i was focusing on discovering whole map on every chapter and clear all treasure rooms.  (R2 is your friend here) .  But you shouldnt skip to many enemys on your first playthrough . I did it on my second char.

Ah, I saw rooms, but never went into them, gold-like doors correct? And I assume there's none in the prologue, since that was essentially a straightforward thing.  So I suppose it's something I can do back in Hell's Kitchen, run around that hub area and check it out a bit.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, I saw rooms, but never went into them, gold-like doors correct? And I assume there's none in the prologue, since that was essentially a straightforward thing.  So I suppose it's something I can do back in Hell's Kitchen, run around that hub area and check it out a bit.

Jeah there are two kinds , treasure rooms with the goldn chest on door , and showdown with golden skull on door. I recomment doing these rooms always , because you get a nice chest full of shiny loot and exp for clearing them , and they take 1 minute max each . 

7 hours ago, Xionx said:

There's actually a gold door in Sauron's area [which is more a side-mission, a very large cave, so it's a blue door]. Not sure if it counts toward the trophy or not, but I went in there [it was after I beat Sauron and there was literally nothing in there, not sure if beating him broke it or if there's just never anything in there or not but meh]. Got the trophy no problem, everytime you hit a new public area just sweep around it and fill out the map in it's entity and then do the doors. Or do the doors as you go, as long as you remember which ones you did.

7 hours ago, Xionx said:

Jeah there are two kinds , treasure rooms with the goldn chest on door , and showdown with golden skull on door. I recomment doing these rooms always , because you get a nice chest full of shiny loot and exp for clearing them , and they take 1 minute max each . 

It's also how you get Relics, which are needed for a trophy. Not sure of the other ways to get relics, but that's been how I've gotten them so far. But they only started appearing in those around chapter 4 or something,  maybe I just had bad luck but idk. Though I do think I got some from an operation as well. Going to suck getting 100 of all one type. I have 6 different relics, highest I only have 22 or so of. And I literally just discovered the 6th type, so who knows if there's even more.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

There's actually a gold door in Sauron's area [which is more a side-mission, a very large cave, so it's a blue door]. Not sure if it counts toward the trophy or not, but I went in there [it was after I beat Sauron and there was literally nothing in there, not sure if beating him broke it or if there's just never anything in there or not but meh]. Got the trophy no problem, everytime you hit a new public area just sweep around it and fill out the map in it's entity and then do the doors. Or do the doors as you go, as long as you remember which ones you did.

I read in official Forum that few people didnt got the treasure Trophy and after visiting saurons area the trophy popped . There is an treasure room in saurons area aswell.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

It's also how you get Relics, which are needed for a trophy. Not sure of the other ways to get relics, but that's been how I've gotten them so far. But they only started appearing in those around chapter 4 or something,  maybe I just had bad luck but idk. Though I do think I got some from an operation as well. Going to suck getting 100 of all one type. I have 6 different relics, highest I only have 22 or so of. And I literally just discovered the 6th type, so who knows if there's even more.

Jeah but to be honest, if you want to beat comsic trial you pretty much need a full relic anyways. Go to relic merchant , you can see all finished relics there. But this system is little bit stupid . When you collect 100 of an relic you can trade it in this shop for a box that CAN have the full relic (way better stats) . If you are unlucky you lose all relic parts and only get a relic token. You need multiple (i think 5) relic token to get a full relic of your choice (this time 100%) .  So for trophy you get it easy after reaching 100 pieces , but if you want the full relic than you have to gamble max 5 times.

5 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Wait... Sauron, where is he? Cause I've not met him yet, only up to Chapter 5 myself, so I assume I'll meet him soon enough? Just so I know to check his area out for said treasure room is all.

Chapter 7 Savage Safari

17 hours ago, Xionx said:

I read in official Forum that few people didnt got the treasure Trophy and after visiting saurons area the trophy popped . There is an treasure room in saurons area aswell.

Jeah but to be honest, if you want to beat comsic trial you pretty much need a full relic anyways. Go to relic merchant , you can see all finished relics there. But this system is little bit stupid . When you collect 100 of an relic you can trade it in this shop for a box that CAN have the full relic (way better stats) . If you are unlucky you lose all relic parts and only get a relic token. You need multiple (i think 5) relic token to get a full relic of your choice (this time 100%) .  So for trophy you get it easy after reaching 100 pieces , but if you want the full relic than you have to gamble max 5 times.

That's annoying... I didn't know about that. So if you're super unlucky, you have to get 500 of the same relic to get a full relic? The game has some pretty annoying design choices in regards to it's items, you can't even quickly tell if equipment is better or not since they all have random bonuses that differ from each other. So annoying. And the inventory limit is so tedious and expensive to expand. Ugh

Still fun, but a pain too.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

That's annoying... I didn't know about that. So if you're super unlucky, you have to get 500 of the same relic to get a full relic? The game has some pretty annoying design choices in regards to it's items, you can't even quickly tell if equipment is better or not since they all have random bonuses that differ from each other. So annoying. And the inventory limit is so tedious and expensive to expand. Ugh

I agree with the inventory stuff... and it's making it worse in needing to level a vendor up to level 10 as well... though it shouldn't take too long in the end.

By the way, after Doom's Castle/Latveria, are there more treasure rooms to be found by any chance? I know I have to go to Odin's Palace in the end, so I assume somewhere around there that there should be a few more? Just wanting to make sure so I know when to expect the trophy to pop.

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I theory you need 500 relics , but not of same one. 5 sets of 100 should give you 5 tokens , and you can chose which finished relic you buy with this token .   Still little bit annoying.

I bought 10 € G points to expand my inventory .  Starting size is a joke tbh. Even upgrade is a joke but better then starting one.

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I agree with the inventory stuff... and it's making it worse in needing to level a vendor up to level 10 as well... though it shouldn't take too long in the end.

By the way, after Doom's Castle/Latveria, are there more treasure rooms to be found by any chance? I know I have to go to Odin's Palace in the end, so I assume somewhere around there that there should be a few more? Just wanting to make sure so I know when to expect the trophy to pop.

Yes , last areas have treasure rooms aswell. keep searching in every single area.

7 hours ago, Xionx said:

Yes , last areas have treasure rooms aswell. keep searching in every single area.

Well, I went to visit all the areas so far, but nothing, I mean, I've finished off the story, but still no trophy, as in, I went and checked out all areas.

I mean according to this I found: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/194858/treasure-hunting-treasure-rooms-locations-2016-rebrand-update there a place called S.W.O.R.D. Landing Zone, but I've not even come across that?

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, I went to visit all the areas so far, but nothing, I mean, I've finished off the story, but still no trophy, as in, I went and checked out all areas.

I mean according to this I found: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/194858/treasure-hunting-treasure-rooms-locations-2016-rebrand-update there a place called S.W.O.R.D. Landing Zone, but I've not even come across that?

because this is chapter 10 , and consol version dont hav it rn. Hm maybe you missed one : / its hard to find out which one , it hurts to say but propably you have to visit all again . Do this with other character for exp tho.

1 hour ago, Xionx said:

because this is chapter 10 , and consol version dont hav it rn. Hm maybe you missed one : / its hard to find out which one , it hurts to say but propably you have to visit all again . Do this with other character for exp tho.

Yeah true, I know I missed one before, but visited that one, so I'll check again to see where I may have missed.  Can't get another character yet though, still sort of grinding for Splinters.

Edit: Found it, was in the Outer Compound, the Base Sewers was the missing one, no wonder I never found it, but got it done :D

Edited by DrakeHellsing

13 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah true, I know I missed one before, but visited that one, so I'll check again to see where I may have missed.  Can't get another character yet though, still sort of grinding for Splinters.

Edit: Found it, was in the Outer Compound, the Base Sewers was the missing one, no wonder I never found it, but got it done :D

Congrats.

22 hours ago, Xionx said:

I theory you need 500 relics , but not of same one. 5 sets of 100 should give you 5 tokens , and you can chose which finished relic you buy with this token .   Still little bit annoying.

I bought 10 € G points to expand my inventory .  Starting size is a joke tbh. Even upgrade is a joke but better then starting one.

I've been debating buying characters or upgrading the joke of an inventory, but it's just so ridiculously priced that I don't want to bother. I got the first upgrade for the storage and inventory. the storage one was far more useful, the inventory upgrade is a joke. At least the first one is discounted I guess.

Playing the PC version again, and I'm annoyed at how the drop rates are in the console  version for the ingame currency. if it was pouring out of everything on console like it is on PC, then that million trophy would be easy. I got more in the second chapter than I was getting like mid-game on console... and it would like 3 drops per group of enemies. And the patrols on PC have sooooooooooo many enemies in them. You can't walk a screen away without running into more groups of enemies.

And the experience gain is better on PC, since you can beat a boss in patrol and level up from 1 to 2. Can't do that on console. Not that it's that hard to level, but still.

I also just miss teamups and pets. Hope they add those to console.