Obligatory Trophy Thoughts for Tekken 7

TristanBrown17

Yess!! As everybody already mentioned, nothing is completely new from the previous tekkens and I'll feel right at home! I actually wouldn't mind some online trophies for this game as this game is meant to be played online! Time to make my Paul look sexy again B) 

Now if only I'm able to get a copy of tekken hybrid which has tekken tag tournament HD and the prologue :/. 

Edited by poopooblast

12 minutes ago, FlareZero said:

This, I hope the servers are good....

Given my past experience with online fighting games, they probably won't be particularly the first couple of weeks following launch. ? Hopefully Bandai Namco have better servers than Capcom or Take2.

Slight change of topic but I do love those trophy images ? If I don't achieve the plat, then I hope to unlock the trophies with King, Yoshimitzu and Steve Fox at the very least.

6 minutes ago, NieSwiety said:

Another Tekken with achievements you can obtain in 1-2 days. Since I have no reason to play afterwards, it's a no no for me. 

Too bad. I loved tekken.

Clearly you don't since you only care about the achievements and not the game...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Clearly you don't since you only care about the achievements and not the game...

Loved. Past tense.

I spent like 3 month salary at Tekken arcades, bought PS1 for tekken 3, won some local tournaments. That was the times.

Right now I don't have as much time to master a game, so playing just to be good isn't a good reason to play a game for me. I would still "suck".

What's left then? Story mode with dull story? Few meaningless online fights? For what?

Trophies - in the other hand - are a challenge for me. Trophy for finishing arcade mode with every character, trophy for achieving level X online, trophy for beating x opponents with perfect score... In combination with good gameplay, that makes a good game for me.

Mortal Kombat XL for example had a good combination of both. I needed to be good since online trophies required skill. I had a blast with this game.

Tekken's trophies? Meh. 

Edited by NieSwiety

19 minutes ago, NieSwiety said:

Loved. Past tense.

I spent like 3 month salary at Tekken arcades, bought PS1 for tekken 3, won some local tournaments. That was the times.

Right now I don't have as much time to master a game, so playing just to be good isn't a good reason to play a game for me. I would still "suck".

What's left then? Story mode with dull story? Few meaningless online fights? For what?

Trophies - in the other hand - are a challenge for me. Trophy for finishing arcade mode with every character, trophy for achieving level X online, trophy for beating x opponents with perfect score... In combination with good gameplay, that makes a good game for me.

Mortal Kombat XL for example had a good combination of both. I needed to be good since online trophies required skill. I had a blast with this game.

Tekken's trophies? Meh. 

Frankly, it sounds like the big difference here is happening in your head. The old days you described with Tekken 3 are still very much possible online - Tekken's skill matching system has always been pretty good (in my experience), so you always have the option of playing people at your skill level (or slightly higher) - if you feel that you would still "suck" because you're not going to be able to play the game like the masters at the highest level, well, that's unfortunate. If it makes you feel better however, 99% of the Tekken playing population will never be at that level but will probably still enjoy the game because of it's vast roster, it's numerous fighting styles, its cool stages, and its accessibility - all of which are things that have been present since Tekken 1.

It's sounds like you had very specific expectations for the game in your head, and are now unhappy with the game because those very specific expectations weren't met. While that's unfortunate, it's your choice, so do whatever makes you happy, I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Very similar looking to Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 trophy lists. If anything it looks easier. I'm really looking forward to to getting my hands on this game 1f642.png

Which reminds me, I really do need to go back and finish off my Tekken 6 platinum. I got stuck on the Nightmare Train stage 1f641.png

I am stuck on that train as well ! :shakefist: but I do plan on going back to it and :platinum: it. But on topic, this is going to be great! Can't wait! 

38 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

(...) It's sounds like you had very specific expectations for the game in your head, and are now unhappy with the game because those very specific expectations weren't met. While that's unfortunate, it's your choice, so do whatever makes you happy, I guess.

What.

I just came here from the front page. Saw there is an updated trophy list and a topic about it. So I said developers are lazy as fuck, because this list are quite sucky AGAIN (finished TTT2 in 1 day 8 hours...).

And you are talking about what do I have in my head etc. Wtf man :o

7 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Very similar looking to Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 trophy lists. If anything it looks easier. I'm really looking forward to to getting my hands on this game 1f642.png

Which reminds me, I really do need to go back and finish off my Tekken 6 platinum. I got stuck on the Nightmare Train stage 1f641.png

I remember that one, had to stay alive until devil jin got on the train then puck up the machine gun and hope u can shoot him off before u get your ass kicked. 

Looks like it wont be too bad, always have difficulty with the online stuff coz i get placed against a guy that wil combo juggle me dead and i just have to watch. Others seem ok to get but will have to decide when i play it 

By the looks of it, this could very well end up being my first fighting game platinum. I'm generally pretty terrible at online in fighting games (or on the couch, or anything that involves another person), but I'm sure just simple attrition can net you a single win in the various online matches. Haven't played a Tekken game since TTT, but I've been really pushing myself to enjoy this genre lately, and I love the way the various modes sound even in solo play, so I personally can't wait for this game.

Looking forward to play Tekken 7 as it has been such a long time. The trophy list looks like quite a fun one and like previous Tekken trophy lists that I have experienced, very friendly with it's online trophies. I will probably end up most of my time playing in the customization room again lol.

5 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

Online in MKX didn't require skill. You could boost everything except ranked, and since ranked in Netherrealm's games is trash you just wait until it matches you up with someone low level and spam cheesy shit (it's only "ranked" in the sense that it keeps track of you W/L, it makes zero attempt to match you up with people of similar skill). 

Sorry, why in the sweet name of Jesus is Akuma in this game? Keep Akuma for shit fighter! On another note, i do love how the trophies asked for a 3 ten hit combos. Can anyone here do King's crazy grab combos? I'm a Veteran of the series and i could never pull off King's combos from Tekken 3, however his regular 10 hit combos were simple thank god. Deadly boomerang anyone? Mega overpowered, especially if it was a critical hit. June can't come quick enough! 

16 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

The 10-hit combo trophy could be tough for some (if they're required to be different combos) but the rest of the trophies look quite doable.

That's most likely referring to the 10-string combos which have been around since Tekken 1. Should just require a little memorization and perhaps a bit of practice.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Given my past experience with online fighting games, they probably won't be particularly the first couple of weeks following launch. 1f621.png Hopefully Bandai Namco have better servers than Capcom or Take2.

Slight change of topic but I do love those trophy images 1f60d.png If I don't achieve the plat, then I hope to unlock the trophies with King, Yoshimitzu and Steve Fox at the very least.

Well, maybe in the firts weeks will be stuffed with people, and maybe a lot of lag and servers problem, I hope will be good in the next weeks/month

2 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Well, maybe in the firts weeks will be stuffed with people, and maybe a lot of lag and servers problem, I hope will be good in the next weeks/month

I don't recall TTT2 being too bad at launch. Now Tekken 6, that was trash for several months.

19 hours ago, Gage said:

Online in MKX didn't require skill. You could boost everything except ranked, and since ranked in Netherrealm's games is trash you just wait until it matches you up with someone low level and spam cheesy shit (it's only "ranked" in the sense that it keeps track of you W/L, it makes zero attempt to match you up with people of similar skill). 

Of course you can boost, but it turns a fun game into work. That's not the idea. "Missions" from trophies makes Mortal Kombat a fun game for over a month, 2-3h daily. And I had a reason to play better, since if you are good you don't care about spammers. You just beat them easly.

Tekken's trophies are just weak. Even you platted your only tekken (Tekken Tag Tournament HD) in.... 5 hours!. I platted mine in 1 day and second one in 6 days (I wasn't aware of trophies then, It was one of my first game on ps3). That's just bad.

mmm.. so the leaked one earlier this month is real... nice to know that the secret trophy doesn't require reaching Tekken God.

On the other hand, this is definitely going to be on my Trophy Cabinet :3

4Lc0452a.png

bummer that it requires me to get it via MP :|

Edited by JaM

On 26/5/2017 at 4:02 PM, Killbomb said:

I don't recall TTT2 being too bad at launch. Now Tekken 6, that was trash for several months.

Well T6 was, well a bad one, Tag 2 was godd indeed, I hope they will that netcode, meybe a better one...