Gamehelp

EXP Walker ...bugged in a good way?

6 posts in this topic

I started crit Aqua's story today, got to Radiant Garden and got EXP Walker, I put a rubberband around the two thumb sticks on the controller so I run around in a circle, so far it has been 20 minutes and it's still going..

I remember in the ps3 (2.5) version of the game, there was a system in place so that if there was no controller update for about a minute, your character would stop running and stand still until the next input so this couldn't be exploited.

maybe they removed it? forgot to add it? maybe it's just MY game.. anyone else experiencing this?

inb4 this is patched by square lol

Edit: still running in a circle, I guess i'll leave it on for the next 24hrs since i'm a cheap bastard :P

Edited by Gamehelp

Edit: I misread which version of this game this post was about. My comment was irrelevant here.

Edited by NathanielJohn

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Definitely not standard behavior -- I tried this several different ways in the HD remaster, and the only way that I could get it to work was to have the character repeatedly walk backwards into a door to load a new area so that the "stop running" trigger wouldn't activate. However, that method is much much slower.

No idea why it works for you, but it might be a one-time thing or not very reproducable -- let it run as long as you can before stopping to do something else.

Well, you've only played the PS3 version, like myself. It could work on PS4, but I can't test it. 

That's strange, I tried doing the same when I first got it (just to see, for science of course), but it didn't work. I would stop walking after a minute or so, just like in the other versions of the game. Sounds like just a nice glitch. 

However, you can still abuse EXP Walker if you have a turbo controller by mashing jump, or by just mashing jump while you do other things.

Well, for me it's not just a one time thing, did the same thing with Ventus today.

Maybe it could have something to do with the games region? my 'region' would be PAL, to be more percise aus/nz, dunno if there's even regions anymore tbh but it's the only thing I can think of. 

Well, I've noticed that in mirage arena there is really high chance that you can put band around sticks and run for hours. And it didn't happened once, but few times. I wonder if it's because of camera (there is console and sometimes character run close to it and camera jumps a little). Anyway, I tried this with Terra (t was my last character to get adventurer trophy), go to sleep and he still ran when I woke up. It happened 4/5 of the times. If you put rubber band and character still runs after minute or five, then it should run until you stop.