Excluding offline VS Battle

Spraragen88

30 minutes ago, Naruke2007 said:

You can do them online or vs CPU (and this will be an easy CPU)

They removed the Trophies in VS Mode for Offline Tournaments that they could distract the players when playing if in that console no Trophies was taken.

I would hope for tournaments and stuff they outright turn every console notification off, so if that were the actual reason it's a really dumb and shortsighted reason. 

14 minutes ago, Gage said:

I would hope for tournaments and stuff they outright turn every console notification off, so if that were the actual reason it's a really dumb and shortsighted reason. 

You think if in a tournament there will be, for example, 50 consoles .. they have going to check if every single consoles have notification off? 
In a tournament, players have to fight and end their matches.. not going to check if everything is ok just for some Trophies xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naruke2007 said:

You think if in a tournament there will be, for example, 50 consoles .. they have going to check if every single consoles have notification off? 
In a tournament, players have to fight and end their matches.. not going to check if everything is ok just for some Trophies xD

Yes I would expect that, as I would think that would be a basic step to take during setup as it takes no time to do. 

I would rate it 2/10 in terms of difficulty. It's definitely easier than both Tekken 6 and Tag Tournament 2 - and they weren't hard to begin with. I guess it takes a tad more effort than Revolution due to being a "proper" game, but no fighting game fan or experienced gamer should have any issues with this one at all.

There are four online specific trophies. They can easily be boosted. All three online modes allow you to browse players currently looking for a fight and pick your opponent as you please. All of the "Excluding VS Battle" trophies can be done in Practice mode, with the exception of the ones that require a win.

Story Mode is a cakewalk, if you want it to be. It's clear they wanted all players to be able to play through all of it regardless of skill level. It even has hotkey version of special moves so everyone can perform them with ease.

Reaching Warrior (12th Dan) can be done with about 60 wins in Treasure Battle with your character of choice. It's nothing compared to reaching Tekken Lord in Tag Tournament 2.

The game is really fun though. Treasure Battle can last indefinitely. You get customisation items and fight money as you play. And there's a whole lot of those to unlock. You can also unlock every single cinematic from previous games. The Jukebox feature is also great. Either pick and mix as you please or use presets based on individual games. The soundtrack isn't as bad as I feared. Most of the awful dubstep flavoured tunes are from the original arcade release from a couple of years ago. The ones they added in Fated Retribution and the console release are much closer to the tunes from Tekken 6. The game goes surprisingly well with the Tekken 4 soundtrack though.

• Like 4

No, it's not. I got it naturally by playing myself and I'm no combo master. I've written a guide over at PlayStationTrophies and another user there provided the tip that landing a Rage Art on an airborne opponent will do the trick. Trust me, it's one of the easiest AAA platinums you'll ever get. Unlocking all of the customisation items and gallery stuff extends waaaay beyond the platinum trophy though!

1 hour ago, Virdeborn said:

No, it's not. I got it naturally by playing myself and I'm no combo master. I've written a guide over at PlayStationTrophies and another user there provided the tip that landing a Rage Art on an airborne opponent will do the trick. Trust me, it's one of the easiest AAA platinums you'll ever get. Unlocking all of the customisation items and gallery stuff extends waaaay beyond the platinum trophy though!

How many hours roughly would you say it took you to get the platinum?

Thanks so much for all the info!

I didn't rush anything. Played it for about 10 hours. Went to bed. Played for another 4 hours after I woke up before the platinum popped. Got most of the trophies by just playing the game too.

And you're welcome. If there's anything else you're wondering about, just ask! :)

Edited by Virdeborn

3 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

was the 70+ Damage in air combo difficult? That seems like the only challenging one on the list to me, I'm not that great at making up combos. If I had a inputs to follow I could easily do it. 

No it is not. I was just playing in practice and it just popped. Was playing with eddy. 

Just now, Virdeborn said:

No. You can use a second controller in Practice if you like. The real reason is apparently to prevent trophy notifications from popping during real life tournaments. Because people forget to turn that off and it's distracting to some players.

Good point. I stand corrected.