No platinum :(

This is really surprising due to how huge this game is and how many trophies could have been made. Very disappointed in the trophies. The first game even had a platinum but this one doesn't. Also plenty of f2p do have platinums, and if not they have lots of additional trophies. No idea why this didn't get a platinum, especially when stuff like mayo simulator can have platinums.

• Like 1

It's not always such a big deal when games don't have platinums.  Not every game needs one.  Look at the episodic Hitman release - no platinum there, but it doesn't mean the game will be any weaker for it.

Conversely, look at DCUO - a huge MMO that does have a platinum, yet only has 13 core trophies attached to it.  The game is packed full of unlockable feats, many of which also unlock trophies in the DLC, yet in terms of non-DLC trophies, you only get a baker's dozen.  There may not be any real rhyme or reason to it, but it is what it is.

38 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

No idea why this didn't get a platinum, especially when stuff like mayo simulator can have platinums.

You realise that Mayo was made purely as a joke, to see how many trophy/achievement whores would buy it? ?

Edited by StewartBros

Still, the first dungeon defenders had a platinum and if you look at the steam achievements for the second game there is loads of achievements for it. I've not seen a game where the original has a platinum and the sequel doesn't until now. (Well technically walking dead season 2 now that I think about it) And even if it didn't have a platinum it could have separate additional lists like DCUO or Warframe with how much content they have added. There's so so much more to the game after you beat it once and there's zero trophies for any of that at this point.

Also this is gonna be one of the longest non platinum lists to complete. (Unless if you have friends to boost you) Reaching level 50 on 4 characters is gonna take a lot of time.

Edited by aZombieDictator
Grammar

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Ronin893 said:

Not when they sold it for $0.99

A game where you do nothing but press :cross: 10,000 times is released with a price tag of $0.99, and you didn't think it was a joke? ?

If that's not the definition of a joke game, then I don't know what is.

Edited by StewartBros

On 2017-06-22 at 3:05 PM, StewartBros said:

A game where you do nothing but press :cross: 10,000 times is released with a price tag of $0.99, and you didn't think it was a joke? 1f601.png

If that's not the definition of a joke game, then I don't know what is.

No one saying it isn't, but it ultimately was to make money off idiots who buy it for trophies. That was the actual main goal, not to go "hurr durr iz le funny". If it were, then they'd have released it free. Which they didn't.

edit; also, that has nothing to do with this game not having a plat. This should, it has far more content than Mayo does. It's ridiculous. Mayo being a "Joke game" is irrelevant.

Edited by Elvick_

That was my main point. This game has loads of content beyond the 4 main classes and main story. There's enough content to keep you entertained and busy for hundreds of hours yet there's only trophies for the beginning stuff. Even if they just added trophy packs like Warframe that'd be great. But all the content is already in the game so I don't see them doing that. But maybe they'll add more trophies on later expansions cause this game keeps growing with how much there is to do. It would have definitely been a 200+ hour ultra rare platinum if they had trophies for all the end game and the other classes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 0:36 PM, StewartBros said:

You realise that Mayo was made purely as a joke, to see how many trophy/achievement whores would buy it? 1f601.png

Clicker games have been around for about a few years before that game was created. 

Edited by DARKB1KE