Island mode is one of the most boring grinds I have ever done in my life

I don't disagree, but after you get through it a couple of times it's pretty simple. I only ended up completing it in the first game, though, because it's such a chore. That said, I might come back and finish it before the third numbered game comes out.

16 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Have you played the monomi minigame yet? That was A LOT worse than island mode.

Monomi was way easier and less tedious than island mode. I knocked that out in a quick 5 hours while paying little attention. Island mode (hope fragments + endings) takes easily 10 + hours unless you're super efficient. I've done my fair share of tedious trophies but island and school mode in the danganronpa games have been the worst for me . 

I would recommend watching the Danganronpa 3 anime while doing D1 and D2 post game trophies. Really helped me not die from boredom and it was also a way for me to learn more about the Danganronpa story before the V3 comes out :)

Edited by DoucetDudes
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, I heard. Probably won't start Dangan 2 for a long time.

Don't let the post-game stop you from playing the main game! It's good!

If you're a completionist, the post-game trophies don't take that long to get, they're just tedious. If you have something else going on at the same time, it's not too bad.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/25/2017 at 6:38 PM, DoucetDudes said:

Seriously. Who thought this was a good idea. The game has a fantastic 30 hour story.  But all of the additional content just sucks. It soured the experience of what was otherwise a fantastic game.

It's not very fun at all, huh? I hate it even more since I'm doing both school mode and island mode for Dangan 1.2. But I think that Monomi is even worse.

• 2 years later...
On 5/25/2017 at 8:02 PM, marshmeowlo said:

Island mode is definitely a chore, but it's also super easy. The real pain is this game is the monomi mode grind.

not at all, only took about an hour and a half to do 

On 10/1/2017 at 4:14 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Just as bad as I remember it from the first game! The Monomi trophy is worse though. I hate luck-based grind. But I'm hoping the rng gods are with me this time.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, starcrunch061 said:

It's not very fun at all, huh? I hate it even more since I'm doing both school mode and island mode for Dangan 1.2. But I think that Monomi is even worse.

On 5/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, xZoneHunter said:

Have you played the monomi minigame yet? That was A LOT worse than island mode.