The Definition of Spam

Radical-Cool-Boy

Now, I got nothing against spamming, I've battled many players that used that same combo and kicked their butt because its just to easy to dodge and or block.

But why do people do this in unranked matches? I thought Player matches were just for fun, I can understand getting the trophies, but not everyone is a trophy hunter, so why pick the same character and just spam, knowing you are going to lose.

And does anybody have any solid advice on how to dodge the Superman laser beam combo/Black Adam Cloud shock, it would be greatly appreciated, not sure how to counter those yet, because i'll block or jump towards the person but they usually get down and uppercut to throw me back into the spam, or i'll just get worn out from blocking.

Heres a video for the lolz

EDIT: Fixed the Shazam, I just first think of Shazam when I see lightning, so I typed his name.

Thanks for the advice, I always refrained from using the meter escape rolls, but they should work out nicely.

Edited by Radical-Cool-Boy

If they are smart "zoners" don't even wana use the word smart but you can punish roll escapes by a low attack. Most zoners use mainly mid to high attack while zoning. If you wana get on a spammer you have two options 

1. Duck + block then dash

im so serious on this one. Characters like (deadshot, aquaman, darkseid, batman, superman, black Adam) use majority mid spam and you duck under them and take no damage. Beware of black Adams low lightning attack and aquaman low octopus. Be patience as well because most zoner only have one pattern.

2. Learn a tele character/mobility 

some good suggestions are (black Adam, supergirl, scarecrow, darkseid, cheetah) don't tele all whacky to where they read you but the moment you see the spam move tele and be ready to punish or block. With black Adam jump up to highest point and use his "foot dive" is what I call it. You dive almost if not to the opponent. 

You welcome ;)

Edited by RebelliousDevil-

4 hours ago, Radical-Cool-Boy said:

Now, I got nothing against spamming, I've battled many players that used that same combo and kicked their butt because its just to easy to dodge and or block.

But why do people do this in unranked matches? I thought Player matches were just for fun, I can understand getting the trophies, but not everyone is a trophy hunter, so why pick the same character and just spam, knowing you are going to lose.

And does anybody have any solid advice on how to dodge the Superman laser beam combo/Shazam Cloud shock, it would be greatly appreciated, not sure how to counter those yet, because i'll block or jump towards the person but they usually get down and uppercut to throw me back into the spam, or i'll just get worn out from blocking.

Heres a video for the lolz

That guy remind me Netotigr with jacqui full auto spamming on MKX :D

Edited by Rose_OmnisLacrima

The real trouble I have with this game is how stupid people are online even in ranked. Even when I punish them for it they continue to wakeup with the same move over and over again and I get punished for it sometimes because I don't think they're stupid enough to do it again. It's like playing Bronze players in SFV all over again. 

- Use the MB roll when they're about to use their projectile because if you do it too early they'll have time to combo you instead or just hit you with the projectile. 

- Mixup jumping over their projectiles and ducking and dashing in so they can't figure out your pattern. 

- Use armour launchers or whatever they're called if you're close enough so you can get in a combo on them if they throw out a projectile. I usually play Bane, so I can armour his specials and punish idiots that love to spam. 

I'm not sure what the Superman laser beam combo is since I haven't encountered too many of them, but for his high lasers that go fullscreen, just dash towards him so you can combo him when he lands. For Black Adam jumping over his lightning seems to be pretty effective, but you might get hit by the last bolt from the MB version.

• Like 1