How Long Did it Take You to Platinum?

Took me 58 hours but also experienced a bug where a mission wasn't popping up at the hunting lodge. That took me about 4 hours due the fact I was trying all sorts of ways to get around it. Which I eventually did and the quest popped up.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Took me 58 hours but also experienced a bug where a mission wasn't popping up at the hunting lodge. That took me about 4 hours due the fact I was trying all sorts of ways to get around it. Which I eventually did and the quest popped up.  

Weird, I never experienced any bugs whatsoever.

18 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Weird, I never experienced any bugs whatsoever.

When I experienced the bug I looked it up and saw actually a few players experienced the same bug I had. But lucky for me I made my own workaround. Can't remember the womens name in the quest but I had to interact with her (:triangle: I had to press and it would say "Come back later") I tried everything from redownloading game data and even restarting a previous save before the quest and nothing happen. So I kept going back and forth interacting with everybody and eventually fast traveling a million times it eventually allowed me to continue with the quest

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

When I experienced the bug I looked it up and saw actually a few players experienced the same bug I had. But lucky for me I made my own workaround. Can't remember the womens name in the quest but I had to interact with her (:triangle: I had to press and it would say "Come back later") I tried everything from redownloading game data and even restarting a previous save before the quest and nothing happen. So I kept going back and forth interacting with everybody and eventually fast traveling a million times it eventually allowed me to continue with the quest

That must've sucked.

I think, without any aid from a guide, like 35-40 or so hours. I was pretty "bang bang" with the way about I was going about side quests and errands, though, literally going from one right on to the next without much hesitation, using fast travel A LOT (I had unlocked a ton of campfires upon reaching the western part of the map, so I was literally zipping around the map). In the end, I did pretty much all but one of the major side quests even those not included for platinum, and I'm fairly certain I did pretty much all the errands, sans maybe one or two smaller ones I may have missed.

I got kind of lucky by finding the last power cell I needed towards one of the end game missions by accident, preventing a lot of headache from combing through areas again, but besides that, I could have probably been a little bit quicker on the platinum time had I just stuck to the main course, but not by much. It can really take as long as short as you want to make it, but it's generally still going to be at least 30 hours, so it's an easy platinum (and borderline unmissable) but not a quick one.

3 minutes ago, iamjax said:

I think, without any aid from a guide, like 35-40 or so hours. I was pretty "bang bang" with the way about I was going about side quests and errands, though, literally going from one right on to the next without much hesitation, using fast travel A LOT (I had unlocked a ton of campfires upon reaching the western part of the map, so I was literally zipping around the map). In the end, I did pretty much all but one of the major side quests even those not included for platinum, and I'm fairly certain I did pretty much all the errands, sans maybe one or two smaller ones I may have missed.

I got kind of lucky by finding the last power cell I needed towards one of the end game missions by accident, preventing a lot of headache from combing through areas again, but besides that, I could have probably been a little bit quicker on the platinum time had I just stuck to the main course, but not by much. It can really take as long as short as you want to make it, but it's generally still going to be at least 30 hours, so it's an easy platinum (and borderline unmissable) but not a quick one.

Yeah I used a guide but I didn't my look in depth into the trophies, except for with All Allies Joined. For the guide I figured I'd just read the steps from the roadmap and consult the rest of the game myself rather than get boggled down in all the details. I too fast traveled a bunch after I got the gold fast travel pack LOL. Too bad for the power cells I had to go back for most of them.

3 minutes ago, Klubkola said:

30 hours. With guide.

30 hours? Jeez that's the earliest I've ever heard!

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Think it somewhere around 42 hours - mostly on normal (not to proud to admit, couple of early sections cranked down to easy due to frustration setting in)

Hey I did it in on easy and I have no shame bro haha.

Around 21-22 hours without using a guide on "normal" difficulty. It took me around 20 hours to complete the story and some side missions. And the rest are collectibles. I'm pretty sure because I streamed the whole thing, so I got the exact time.

Edited by Lowlliet

3 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yeah I used a guide but I didn't my look in depth into the trophies, except for with All Allies Joined. For the guide I figured I'd just read the steps from the roadmap and consult the rest of the game myself rather than get boggled down in all the details. I too fast traveled a bunch after I got the gold fast travel pack LOL. Too bad for the power cells I had to go back for most of them.

I only heard there were no missables, so I didn't bother with the guide and just glanced at the trophy list occasionally to mark my progress. I think the only thing someone may need to prepare for is the power cell hunt, since the last available one is kind of well hidden (the others aren't even hidden at all).

I'm a huge guide hugger since I'm a huge completion-nut, and kind of always have been since the days when you bought them in paperback form. I took a different approach for this game, and felt the pay off was how rewarding it felt in the end.

On 5/27/2017 at 4:54 AM, Lowlliet said:

Around 21-22 hours without using a guide on "normal" difficulty. It took me around 20 hours to complete the story and some side missions. And the rest are collectibles. I'm pretty sure because I streamed the whole thing, so I got the exact time.

LOL that's impossible. It took me 34 hours on EASY with a guide, and for the record you can check how long you've played under statistics. 

75 hours on normal but I did read/listen to all the non-trophy collectibles and spent hours hunting down geese for a skin so I could increase my ammo capacity on a weapon I never used...

Edited by richtayls
  • Like 2

It took me 27hours of in-game time to platinum the game, but it took me 6 days on real time.

I have to say this is one of my GOTY games of this year, especially since I thought the game was just about fighting machines, but its so much more than that.

Going a little off-topic but I gotta get somebodies opinion on this story.

I had a friend that said he would not want/buy this game due to the main character being a female, when I questioned him of this he said "Because I have nothing to relate to the character" (He also didn't want to play Mafia 3 because he couldn't relate to Lincoln Clay) Even though his favorite genre is open world games, I ventured further into this and he told me "Because Mafia 3 main character doesn't look like me, and I don't think I would want to play as a female character"

Is my ex-friend ridiculous for not playing a game because the character isn't his race/gender?

Personally I felt very connected to Aloy.

Edited by Radical-Cool-Boy
  • Like 2