How Long Did it Take You to Platinum?

50 hours in game, 6 days in real time.

Don't spoil yourself with guides or something like that because you don't need them, just go for all collectibles like metal flowers and banuk figures that are already marked on the map if you buy the maps from merchents and do all side and errand quests.

The platinum trophy will come after you finish the game if you do everything as the game has no missable trophies anyway.

And don't rush the game, it is worth it to explore.

Edited by edy_200666

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 10:54 AM, Lowlliet said:

Around 21-22 hours without using a guide on "normal" difficulty. It took me around 20 hours to complete the story and some side missions. And the rest are collectibles. I'm pretty sure because I streamed the whole thing, so I got the exact time.

Lool, that is really impossible. Why arent you the fastest achiever? If you really used that short of a time.

39h inngame, 5 days real life. Saving one trophy. Going for ultrahard new game+ tomorrow which is going to be a walk in the park. Great game from guerilla games. 

Edited by DividedByMankind

On 7/1/2017 at 6:41 AM, edy_200666 said:

50 hours in game, 6 days in real time.

Don't spoil yourself with guides or something like that because you don't need them, just go for all collectibles like metal flowers and banuk figures that are already marked on the map if you buy the maps from merchents and do all side and errand quests.

The platinum trophy will come after you finish the game if you do everything as the game has no missable trophyes anyway.

And don't rush the game, it is worth it to explore.

This 1000 times. 

I just started and im currently at the Proving. Fantastic looking game, probably the best looking game the PS4 has had so far. 

Rushing through this game destroys the exploration aspect. Give yourself a moment and know that you're going to spend at least 35 - 50 hours on this game. If you decide to do New Game Plus along with reading all the lore and notes (sound files, etc) you come across then expect 60 hours or more.

So far I really enjoy this game and I'm only at the beginning area. I'm more than certain the game will open up a lot more once you get to the more difficult machines and the characters you'll be interacting with.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It took me near 60 hours to Platinum it. I went through every corner of the game to complete every side mission, every collectible and upgrade to max my inventory.

I've got to take my time to explore around the magnificent world and know about the lore.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

40 hours on the base game.

Took approximately 8 hours to get the two New Game Plus trophies unlocked. So in total around 48.

Took my time, had every sound datapoint I found play out, read most of the text datapoints. Definitely worth your while.

Look forward to the expansion.

Haven't platinumed it yet but I'm 31 hrs in and at 47.43% completion lol... I've just been messing a lot with photo mode, on the hunt for many machines, and just doing errands/some side quests, or just anything I come by in the world. I barely glossed over a guide maybe that's why. 

I'm estimating it'll take me like 60 hrs for the plat and like 75-80 hrs for 100% depending on the dlc in November. 

Either way idc since it's time well-spent regardless of how many hrs I put into it.

I'm at lvl 31 now and the main mission difficulty is lvl 19 XD. 

I think it took about 20-30 hours for me, but it might have been more. I spent a long time wandering around and taking screenshots. Even though fast-travel was an option I pretty much travelled on foot everywhere because the game was so damn beautiful. I felt like I would be missing out on large parts of the world if I simply jumped from location to location.

I loved this game so much. I am probably going to do a NG+ run from the start when the DLC comes out at the end of 2017.

Took me 70 hours for 100% on hard difficulty and just 7 hours for ultra hard on NG+. Main story only takes about 6 or 7 hours.

But those 70 hours were the reason i completed ultra hard in 7 hours only cause i didn't have to collect any crafting materials or have to visit any merchants to sell the stuffs et cetera.

Just got the plat and my time completion was 60 hrs and 54 mins. I never looked at a guide besides the one where you have to take down 23 grazer dummies. Took my sweet old time absorbing the world and the environment. Very fun experience! 

Putting NG+ on hold now till the dlc comes and then I'll resume the game!

Don't know how people can get the plat in like between 20-30 hours without enjoying the game. No one really needs to use a guide at all. I Plat'ed yesterday at an amazing 117 hours. Why so long, well I played it like any other open world game I enjoyed (GTA, BoTW) and get sucked in and take my sweet time and explore. There's a few times I just left the game running without playing it as well.  I read everything I collected and I tried getting the collectables without buying maps the merchants have. I got mostly everything without maps except most of the vantage point ones I couldn't seem to find and like 5 ancient vessels and 8 flowers. So about 80 or 90 hours into it I finally bought the maps. No the game wasn't hard. I just had a blast playing it. I still haven't finished Breath of the Wild either and I'm over 170 hours in that. Hopefully NG+ will be around 20-30 hrs. lol

Took me a little over 60 hours to platinum it but I'm far from 100% completing it with all the side quests and errands not complete. Still have to do that second playthrough when I get a chance but I'll be looking forward to it

• 3 weeks later...

My first playthrough on an old account it took me ~50 hours while listening to all dialogue options for everyone you can interact with, and a bit of exploring to find all the non-trophy collectables as well.

On this account, I came in at ~36 hours, still a lot of non-trophy collectable collecting, but skipped optional dialogue for the characters I didn't like on my first playthrough. Still took time to enjoy the game again though rather than just rushing through everything.

Didn't follow a guide either time, and would encourage anyone playing not to follow a guide either as nothing is missable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...