Completion leaderboard, anyone ?

So, this idea has already been discussed previously but what about a special leaderboard that would only take into account 100% completed games ?

Namely, your overall score would consist only of the games you got every possible trophy for (base game + DLCs). Even a 99% game wouldn't count, unless you finally get that annoying one last trophy.

Also, in case of a tie between two or more players, ranking could then be determined by whoever places first in the traditional leaderboard.

I think it would be a good way to "distinguish" those who are persistent (or stubborn ?) enough to go after each and every one bit of trophy in their games. Of course there's no right or wrong way to hunt trophies : whatever suits the player is fine, as long as he's having fun. But I think this new leaderboard would be a very nice and motivating resource for those of us who share the "completionist" OCD mindset.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No you aren't - there is a rarity leaderboard.

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

One that is a work in progress, not linked to anywhere outside of a couple forum threads, hasn't been officially announced, and could change or disappear without a moment's notice. It's essentially a testing page at this point. The only reason we can even access it is because Sly wanted feedback on it.

6 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

One that is a work in progress, not linked to anywhere outside of a couple forum threads, hasn't been officially announced, and could change or disappear without a moment's notice. It's essentially a testing page at this point. The only reason we can even access it is because Sly wanted feedback on it.

True - but the point is it was asked for and was created, so now on to the next thing! 

That one actually *needs* feedback, since the weightings formulae need ironing. A completionist board would be pretty cut-and-dried - all 100% games added as they are on the main board, all incomplete games count as nothing, so I expect it would be much easier to impliment?

6 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

What how where when why who

1. A rarity leaderboard

2. Created by Sly using formulae and some kind of math potion

3. https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

4. Recently

5. Cause of reasons. Requests (many of)

6. All of us!

:)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

True - but the point is it was asked for and was created, so now on to the next thing! 

That one actually *needs* feedback, since the weightings formulae need ironing. A completionist board would be pretty cut-and-dried - all 100% games added as they are on the main board, all incomplete games count as nothing, so I expect it would be much easier to impliment?

1. A rarity leaderboard

2. Created by Sly using formulae and some kind of math potion

3. https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

4. Recently

5. Cause of reasons. Requests (many of)

6. All of us!

:)

Lmao gave me a good laugh

• Like 1

I'd like a completionist leaderboard, but one that ranks players by completion percentage first and then number of trophies in case two players have the same overall completion percentage. One can argue that someone can play just easy games to keep its 100%, I'm not that kind of guy, but imho it's not different than playing an outrageous amount of vns and crappy games just to increase trophy count.

35 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'd like a completionist leaderboard, but one that ranks players by completion percentage first and then number of trophies in case two players have the same overall completion percentage. One can argue that someone can play just easy games to keep its 100%, I'm not that kind of guy, but imho it's not different than playing an outrageous amount of vns and crappy games just to increase trophy count.

I also considered a ranking by completion percentage, but quickly realized that wouldn't make any sense. For example, do you think that a player with 99,5% completion rate and 10 games would deserve to rank higher than someone with 99,4% and 200+ games ? I certainly don't.

However I do like the idea of a 100% hall of fame as suggested by pogo_loco

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

Completion rate isn't the first thing I'm looking for when I see a trophy list, I'd much rather see a 50% trophy list with 500 ultra rare trophies than a 100% completion list with 50 ultra rare trophies. I've actually seen some 100% accounts with around 300 plats and they have less than 50 ultra rare trophies, so they like their completion but won't take any risks and do something that could challenge them. I'm pretty close to 100% completion rate myself with only 6 games away but I still would rather not see a completionist leaderboard here because it would be mainly filled with people who got very easy trophies done with a shit ton of VNs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

Completion rate isn't the first thing I'm looking for when I see a trophy list, I'd much rather see a 50% trophy list with 500 ultra rare trophies than a 100% completion list with 50 ultra rare trophies. I've actually seen some 100% accounts with around 300 plats and they have less than 50 ultra rare trophies, so they like their completion but won't take any risks and do something that could challenge them. I'm pretty close to 100% completion rate myself with only 6 games away but I still would rather not see a completionist leaderboard here because it would be mainly filled with people who got very easy trophies done with a shit ton of VNs. 

Well, as I said some players care about their completion rate while some others don't, and that's perfectly fine. All I'm asking for is a leaderboard that would appeal to those who do care about it. If you'd rather not focus on it, no problem, just keep using the traditional leaderboard or the new rarity leaderboard as your own personal preference.

11 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

Yeah, there's so many issues with 100% completion ratio. You will get screwed over eventually, either by trophy going unobtainable or you don't have the skills etc. You will have to pick and choose games, so you're having less fun. You're going to waste your time on dumb, boring and grindy trophies. The latter of this is fine I guess, but more importantly, it looks super suspect. People cheat to get 100% completion ratio if they're really stuck and has invested a lot. This kind of stuff will attract a lot of cheaters. The leaderboards for this will be filled with cheaters.

No thanks.

And as you said, I look at what trophies you've actually obtained, not which you haven't. Trophies you haven't got yet are trophies you may still get. Trophies you've earned are trophies you've earned. :P 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Well, as I said some players care about their completion rate while some others don't, and that's perfectly fine. All I'm asking for is a leaderboard that would appeal to those who do care about it. If you'd rather not focus on it, no problem, just keep using the traditional leaderboard or the new rarity leaderboard as your own personal preference.

Well, if I end up getting 100% completion rate while I have Gran Turismo 5, WipEout HD, Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV & Ninja Gaiden 3 at 100% for example and on my profile it says I'm completion rank 2000 because a lot of people with 100% completion rate with 150 VNs are ahead of me then it won't be a pleasant sight to look at, so I really think the whole thing should be ignored in general since it only appeals to a niche part of the website and would take up resources that could possibly be used for something better. 

15 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I also considered a ranking by completion percentage, but quickly realized that wouldn't make any sense. For example, do you think that a player with 99,5% completion rate and 10 games would deserve to rank higher than someone with 99,4% and 200+ games ? I certainly don't.

However I do like the idea of a 100% hall of fame as suggested by pogo_loco

I can't disagree, but I don't even think that a player with 100 completed vns deserve to be ranked higher than someone with 10 completed Ninja Gaidens or such. One way or the other cheapness will rule lol

It would be nice but...

12 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

but I don't even think that a player with 100 skipped vns deserve to be ranked higher than someone with 10 completed Ninja Gaidens or such.

mainly for reasons stated in this post, it wouldn't be very objective rating.

Another problem is someone (let's not name him again, but you don't need to be a detective to get it :awesome:) who creates a new account, completes a few games and is immediately on high rank.

Sure, this could be handled by some formula that takes actual amount of games played into consideration but then we would just go back to problem stated by BuraitoBureedo76.

I think people are misunderstanding how this would work.

it would not be a list where people with 100% are at the top then 99.99% then 99.98% etc. regardless of number of games played - that would make no sense, as the top would be overrun with one or two game profiles.

it should be exactly like the current board, but simply disregards trophies for games that are incomplete - i.e. If you have 100 games played, and 60 of them at 100% then the completionist board awards you the full points for the  60 games and ignore the points for the other 40.

Playing plenty of easy games or virtual novels can also get you very high in the traditional leaderboard, far above gamers who tackle long and difficult games (and yes, I understand how that is unfair). There's no way around that, unless you convince Sony that those games should be attributed a very small amount of points to begin with.

Please consider that there ARE a fair number of PSNP trophy hunters who :

1) fancy a perfect profile

2) aren't cheaters

3) enjoy long and challenging games

Those gamers would be really happy to get a leaderboard tailored for their needs.

12 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Wont people just hide incomplete games though to get higher? I'd much prefer that rarity leaderbaord

What ? No, hiding incomplete games would have no consequence at all. ?

Please read my first post, you'll get a better idea about this whole thing. Again, this would not be about your completion rate, but about the number of games you've completed 100%.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Wont people just hide incomplete games though to get higher? I'd much prefer that rarity leaderbaord

No - in fact, if every single person on this site hid every incomplete game then the leaderboard that we have now would, if fact, become the leaderboard we are talking about.

A completionist board is essentially one which autohides incomplete games

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1