Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy CONFIRMED To Having One Platinum Per Game!

GilgameshReborn

I'm a little worried about how creative the lists are going to be.

You can see in this at 7:50 that you get a trophy just for visiting a bonus stage...

Would've worked better as 1 list which has a variety of objectives from all 3 games instead of trying to create a full list for each individual game imo, since they're rather simple games (not that that's a bad thing) and there isn't much you can do with the trophies.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, madbuk said:

You can see in this at 7:50 that you get a trophy just for visiting a bonus stage...

Would've worked better as 1 list which has a variety of objectives from all 3 games instead of trying to create a full list for each individual game imo, since they're rather simple games (not that that's a bad thing) and there isn't much you can do with the trophies.

That was my concern as well. I was thinking that they would do just one list for the whole collection because how do you make a full trophy list out of the first Crash game? I guess we'll see though.

54 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I understand where you're coming from with the trophy creativity thing but I disagree hard that the three games should share a list. Sure, some of the criteria for unlocking trophies are probably going to be samey (Trophies for completing a level, trophies for getting to the end of a level without dying, trophies for completing a full warp room in 2 and 3, trophies for getting all the crystals, gems and relics etc) but I think it would be very cool to have these achievements acknowledged in each game separately, especially if the games are going to be released separately digitally or something, as well as the simple equation of more lists = more trophies. And besides, since the plats will probably require 100% each game you'd be doing that anyway if it were a single list so given the amount of time it takes to do that (not the longest, in the grand scheme of things but still a long ass time for such "simple" games) I want to be rewarded for each time I do that- that's pretty reasonable so no calling me "entitled". To each their own but when it comes down to it, you'd really say "no" to more trophies?

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 4

Just now, MeteorHawk said:

I understand where you're coming from but I disagree hard. Sure, some of the criteria for unlocking trophies are probably going to be samey (Trophies for completing a level, trophies for getting to the end of a level without dying, trophies for completing a full warp room in 2 and 3, trophies for getting all the crystals, gems and relics etc) but I think it would be very cool to have these achievements acknowledged in each game separately, especially if the games are going to be released separately digitally or something. To each their own but you'd really say "no" to more trophies?

@BillyHorrible suggested a while back that there could be 1 main list combining all 3 with a platinum, and then they could later release them separately with smaller lists that don't have platinums. With this method, you would still have mostly the same amount of trophies if you stack them, and that method seems perfect tbh. It worked very well for Assassin's Creed Chronicles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, madbuk said:

@BillyHorrible suggested a while back that there could be 1 main list combining all 3 with a platinum, and then they could later release them separately with smaller lists that don't have platinums. With this method, you would still have mostly the same amount of trophies if you stack them, and that method seems perfect tbh. It worked very well for Assassin's Creed Chronicles.

Well perhaps but it's not going to ruin the experience for you at all, now is it? I still fail to see how more trophies and separate platinums are a bad thing in any way, shape or form for the reasons I have described above already.

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Because 3 games in any other series that is released separately doesn't suffer the same issue? buk, you're just salty about WipEout.

The AC trilogy was 3 PSN titles. Each CB game definitely deserves a platinum as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Nice, looks like the time has come to get all relics in Crash 3. That's the one thing I couldn't do as a kid on the PS1 version.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

My guess would be lots of silver and gold trophies.

• Like 1

My childhood... I wouldn't mind any trophies as long as I get to play these games again. I've done everything that can be done in the Crash series before, even all platinum relics in Crash 3 and I still remember all secrets from the trilogy. I need to get a PS4 soon and go back to gaming.

• Like 1

That's cool. I think having one platinum per game is a little overkill considering how they're pretty simple games, but I won't complain. I was going to do everything no matter what. Besides, there are far more egregious examples of games getting platinum trophies when they shouldn't have.

Great news!

Can't really see how some people are disappointed with the easier trophies. You think there are only going to be easier trophies? No, the list for each game will contain easy trophies, like any other game nowadays, and harder trophies as well. I'm looking forward to hunt down all those crystals, gems and relics and get 100 % completion in the first two games and 105 % completion in the third one. Three platinums liquidized into my cup of coffee, thank you! Now bring me a port or a remaster of CTR and Crash Bash, and I will be in the heaven above the heaven that I am in right now due to these news. :dance:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

That's cool. I think having one platinum per game is a little overkill considering how they're pretty simple games, but I won't complain. I was going to do everything no matter what. Besides, there are far more egregious examples of games getting platinum trophies when they shouldn't have.

Simple games compared to what? :S It's like saying giving 90% of games that gets a platinum is overkill. This is a great example of where it should be IMO.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Simple games compared to what? :S It's like saying giving 90% of games that gets a platinum is overkill. This is a great example of where it should be IMO.

I don't see how it's like that at all. There's just not much substance to these games compared to most games that have platinums. You could certainly beat one in under 5 hours and get the 100% in around 10 hours from what I remember. Like I said, it's not the most egregious example of a game with a platinum, far from it, but it sounds like it's basically three platinums for the price of one. Again, I'm not complaining.

21 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Even with added Time Trials? :awesome:

I haven't looked much into what they've added to the remake. I wasn't aware of those.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't see how it's like that at all. There's just not much substance to these games compared to most games that have platinums. You could certainly beat one in under 5 hours and get the 100% in around 10 hours from what I remember. Like I said, it's not the most egregious example of a game with a platinum, far from it, but it sounds like it's basically three platinums for the price of one. Again, I'm not complaining.

I haven't looked much into what they've added to the remake. I wasn't aware of those.

A speedrunner would meet your requirements, but that is true for a lot, if not most, games. Normal play is likely looking at around 15 hours if not more per game, and if they've added speedrunning trophies and stuff, definitely 15-20 hours per game for a person who hasn't played the games before. It's not just about how fast you can do it, it's also about how long this will actually take you to do. Jak & Daxter is certainly a shorter game than any of the CB games, and that still takes most people who has done it before 6-7 hours. There's like 30+ levels per game. You think most people will only spend 20 minutes per level 100%ing? :S I can see that being the case for some few levels, but the average?

Simple? By what means? Most of these FPS games are pretty damn simple, I'm not going to argue they shouldn't have a platinum. Racing games are pretty simple... etc :| Is this some genre bias? Don't be like buk who thinks a 2D platformer shouldn't get a platinum, because it's a 2D platformer.

Nah, I think these games are the norm to get a platinum. Had they been released separately without platinum per game, people would have been furious. This is in no way anywhere near being an example of games that shouldn't get a platinum. 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4