Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy CONFIRMED To Having One Platinum Per Game!

GilgameshReborn

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

Tawna stages don't finish the level for you, they throw you back to where you were when you picked up the last bonus round token. Cortex levels don't give you coloured gems, they give you keys which unlock bonus levels (dunno about N Brio, never finished his, but all the coloured gems I got were via getting every box without dying in certain levels).

Also, the devs have already said they've changed it so that you don't need to get every box without dying to get the gems, you are allowed to die now. And it has been shown in preview footage that Tawna stage boxes are required for the gem now, which probably means the Cortex and N Brio ones will be too.

Yeah, read that was the case in the dying was fine now, as in, you die, could still get said gems without needing to replay the levels again, which is nice.  As in, mostly all kept with a few small changes here and there to make it a bit easier on players.  But so long as it's not too easy :P

I've been playing through the classic games again, almost done with 2 and going onto 3, hopefully before the collection is released. I think people are remembering these games being easier than they actually are, or else I've just gotten really shit at gaming. 1 was the most challenging due to losing your box progress when dying but a lot of the levels are no cakewalk. 2 and 3 also have hidden paths in some levels that you can't do without dying and then those themselves are pretty nasty too. 

"But Conor, you just need to practice" well no shit, virtually anything gets easier with practice. The Souls games are easier once you git gud. Not saying these are anything close to the Souls series but the complaints I'm seeing about the games being "simple" show that people:

1. Never played these games OR

2. Never played them to 100% OR

3. Are just remembering things a little askew because they were among the first games they managed to complete when they were kids.

Or maybe you were lucky enough to get through these games no problem. But it's not like it's Barney the freaking Dinosaur, remember that when the PlayStation first launched, children weren't exactly the target market, the system was aimed towards teens to 20/ young 30 somethings.

Well, I guess getting all the diamonds and shit is gonna fuck me out of not one, but three platinums then.

Good for the collectors and whatnot, but I'm gonna be playing with notifications off and just enjoying the things. Glad there's 3 though for all you dudes, enjoy, and hopefully CTR will get a release and plat as well. I'd plat the shit out of that, or TTR.

8 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

I've been playing through the classic games again, almost done with 2 and going onto 3, hopefully before the collection is released. I think people are remembering these games being easier than they actually are, or else I've just gotten really shit at gaming. 1 was the most challenging due to losing your box progress when dying but a lot of the levels are no cakewalk. 2 and 3 also have hidden paths in some levels that you can't do without dying and then those themselves are pretty nasty too. 

"But Conor, you just need to practice" well no shit, virtually anything gets easier with practice. The Souls games are easier once you git gud. Not saying these are anything close to the Souls series but the complaints I'm seeing about the games being "simple" show that people:

3. Are just remembering things a little askew because they were among the first games they managed to complete when they were kids.

Or maybe you were lucky enough to get through these games no problem. But it's not like it's Barney the freaking Dinosaur, remember that when the PlayStation first launched, children weren't exactly the target market, the system was aimed towards teens to 20/ young 30 somethings.

Actually yes, Crash game are no easy game, and of course the focus is the public who played more than 12 year ago each Crash

I'm always reading on the Internet people complaining about things like it shouldn't have 3 platinum, why complain? You wanted a remake  and got it, yet you complain and why isn't Crash TR included... Again you wanted a remake of the trilogy but before it's even been released you're complaining that TR isn't included.

To me that's just pure greediness as they need to see how the trilogy sells ???

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

15 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm always reading on the Internet people complaining about things like it shouldn't have 3 platinum, why complain? You wanted a remake  and got it, yet you complain and why isn't Crash TR included... Again you wanted a remake of the trilogy but before it's even been released you're complaining that TR isn't included.

To me that's just pure greediness as they need to see how the trilogy sells 1f648.png1f648.png1f648.png

And as others say, hopefully if this sells well, we'll get a Spyro the Dragon remaster for the PS4, which I would be pleased (and would then be able to die happy) if that were to happen, but hey, who knows.

11 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

I can hope trophies that don't require to get every single box in the game xD

Im pretty sure there is a Trophy for getting all Gems , so this includes all boxes for the Box-Gem. I can be wrong but they would miss a big opportunity by adding adding the time attack Relics and all Gems , without a collactebles Trophy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Im pretty sure there is a Trophy for getting all Gems , so this includes all boxes for the Box-Gem. I can be wrong but they would miss a big opportunity by adding adding the time attack Relics and all Gems , without a collactebles Trophy.

I didn't know that, I mean, I played every Crash Bandicoot PSX games as a kid but I haven't finished a single one ever! ? Time for me to regain my "honor" this June!

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

Just now, Maxie the Mouse said:

I didn't know that, I mean, I played every Crash Bandicoot PSX games as a kid but I haven't finished a single one ever! 1f605.png

Yeah , every stage has a Gem which appears at end of Stage only if you destroyed every single Box in that Stage.  Sometimes you have to backtrack , or die to clear split paths.  Relics are for Time attack , destroying boxes here is stopping the timer for a while. And than there are hidden Gems and bonus stage Gems.

If i remember correctly on Crash 3 you need them (all?) to open an extra stage Hub. But it is long ago , i dont know exactly anymore.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:54 AM, MeteorHawk said:

Simple =/= easy.

I was playing Crash 1 a few days ago on Vita. It's basically a 2D platformer in a 3D shell, you really can't get any more basic when it comes to 3D platforming.

And that's not a bad thing, Crash 1 is a lot of fun, but there just isn't enough variety to have a full list of trophy objectives for all 3 games. "Get all gems" "Get all crystals" "Get all keys" "Beat the game"

...Then what? There's nothing left aside from awfully generic trophies like dying to an enemy or visiting a bonus room, 2 trophies that have already been confirmed via previews.

Also, as has already been said in this thread, dying in Crash 1 doesn't result in losing box progress in the remasters.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Simple =/= easy.

I was playing Crash 1 a few days ago on Vita. It's basically a 2D platformer in a 3D shell, you really can't get any more basic when it comes to 3D platforming.

And that's not a bad thing, Crash 1 is a lot of fun, but there just isn't enough variety to have a full list of trophy objectives for all 3 games. "Get all gems" "Get all crystals" "Get all keys" "Beat the game"

...Then what? There's nothing left aside from awfully generic trophies like dying to an enemy or visiting a bonus room, 2 trophies that have already been confirmed via previews.

Also, as has already been said in this thread, dying in Crash 1 doesn't result in losing box progress in the remasters.

Yeah but to be honest , there are soooo many games with 3-4 collectable trophies (including 100% game) and than a full list a generic trophies. Like most shooters with kill 100 enemys with weapon X , kill 100 enemys with weapon Y.  I know what you mean , but i think having a lot of generic trophies isnt new to simple games like crash.

Oh and i agree with simple=/=easy .  ^^ SMB is simple , jump , run , reach goal , dont die. Not complicated , not complex , but still hard.  (maybe SMB is an extreeeem example but i think it fits the concept)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Simple =/= easy.

I'm aware of the change to the box progress system, thank you very much, I was referring to the original. I'm also well aware that simple doesn't mean easy but that goes hand in hand with my point- trophies to mark progress points like defeating bosses, completing islands, getting each of the coloured gems etc will take up a chunk of the list. Time trials have been added to Crash 1 and 2. Progress markers like get 50% of the gems/ relics. Maybe all gems on an island/ warp room. Getting past the Hog levels without dying, dodging the boulders without dying. Getting the different humorous death animations could even be seen as a collectible in it's own macabre way. Those might sound terribly generic to you but like others have said a lot of games have trophy lists like that. Since the lists aren't out yet, of course I'm only speculating but I've used a teensy bit of imagination there so there's plenty of reason to have faith that the devs have done the same. In any case, it doesn't bother me all that much because:

1. We are getting Crash remasters

2. There's plenty of trophies and three separate platinums to show for it.

You've not convinced me in the slightest that there is any justifiable reason that this shouldn't be the case but you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just very glad you aren't having it your way. The Crash games are special to me and to platinum for each of them is cool as hell for me and many other people who feel similarly.

I wonder if they'll change the requirements in the first Crash Bandicoot game for getting all the boxes. As I'm sure all of you know in the first game not only do you have to get all the boxes in a level, but you also must complete the level without dying (however I do believe you can die as long as you haven't hit a checkpoint box yet). In the games following that, the requirements change as you only need to break all of the boxes and you can die as much as you want. So I wonder if they'll change the requirements of Crash Bandicoot to follow the suit with Crash 2 and 3 or vise versa. My guess is no but just a thought.