House of Cards

I'm stuck on the last card and have been playing levels 6 through 8 on insane a lot.  Any strategies for finding the last card?  For me it's card 22.  I did notice, after being stuck at 19 of 22 cards that 2 were collected in consecutive runs on level 8 on hard a day after I started trying to collect all cards.  That didn't happen the next day though.  What has everyone else done to collect their last card?

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

Over 100 medals (101? 102?), over 50 games in a row at level 6, no cards with 4 cards left.

My motivation and morale keeps getting lower and lower...

edit: this is just bad design. I have done everything except getting all the cards, so - besides card farming - the game is pointless to me. After today's 6h of playing, I've got... 0 cards. ZERO! What a mindless way to destroy a good otherwise feelings about the game. Well done designers! Eh.

I couldn't agree more!  I got 7 cards over the course of playing the game up to 60+ medals, and now nothing since after 5 or 6 hours playing time.  I got the card that is supposed to increase the probability of cards dropping as well!  I don't know if it's worth playing the same levels over and over just to get more medals, and then doing the same in the hope that a card may eventually drop.

I really enjoyed playing it, but my patience is wearing thin with the random drop rate.  It reminds me of Alienation and the same grinding process to get a 12 slot legendary weapon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Slugkiller said:

I couldn't agree more!  I got 7 cards over the course of playing the game up to 60+ medals, and now nothing since after 5 or 6 hours playing time.  I got the card that is supposed to increase the probability of cards dropping as well!  I don't know if it's worth playing the same levels over and over just to get more medals, and then doing the same in the hope that a card may eventually drop.

I really enjoyed playing it, but my patience is wearing thin with the random drop rate.  It reminds me of Alienation and the same grinding process to get a 12 slot legendary weapon.

except alienation was thoroughly fun and the 12 slot weapons dropped multiple times during one playthrough. these cards are a pain in the a**

• Like 2

I didn't farm cards until I had 100 medals but I got them all without doing anymore objectives after that. The only thing that might make a difference is ship upgrades. At least for a few cards given that some of them give you free sub weapons at the beginning of a stage. I'd presume you cant get +1 laser if you haven't unlocked it for example! Maybe it needs to be maxed out on your ship or something though.

Also after a while I stopped finishing the stage and just suicided after the main crate stash about half way through the stage. Maybe you get cards faster if the game thinks you 'need' them? :P Got one from one of those electric pillars once!

1 hour ago, bearbear245 said:

Just got this trophy with minimal farming. I just replayed Stage 6 on insane and every other run I was able to get a card.

Really? I have played the same level over and for hours now and have got nothing. Do you already have all 100 medals ? I have 85, so I wonder if that is why I have no cards dropped. 

5 hours ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Really? I have played the same level over and for hours now and have got nothing. Do you already have all 100 medals ? I have 85, so I wonder if that is why I have no cards dropped. 

Yeah, I got 100 medals and every other achievement before settling into farming the last 6 cards. Other posts around the web have tried to correlate medal counts, time of day, duration of play time, pattern of levels played, etc. with when cards drop. I don't think this is the case, and I truly believe it's simple RNG. People get superstitious when events are out of their control.  

If I reach the boss on Stage 6 Insane with no card, I'll retire. That being said, I've seen a card drop out of any crate, including the very last crate next to where the helicopter boss spawns. Best of luck card hunting!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DennisWilles said:

For you maybe, I got to hero level 300 before the 12 slot dropped and I was blindly soloing legendary..

Same here! Even now after i have played for many more hours i still have just the one 12 slot legendary weapon.  I have read about people wanting better 12 slot weapons than the multiple ones they have now.  If only :)

50 minutes ago, The_Slugkiller said:

Same here! Even now after i have played for many more hours i still have just the one 12 slot legendary weapon.  I have read about people wanting better 12 slot weapons than the multiple ones they have now.  If only :)

oh wow for me they where 'common'-ish to the point I'd gotten around 3 or 4 by the time i reached level 25 (was that the max?) with any given character

18 hours ago, bearbear245 said:

Just got this trophy with minimal farming. I just replayed Stage 6 on insane and every other run I was able to get a card.

I did this and rather than going in Insane, I went on Hard and everything is going well (I went on Insane and got nothing, that's why, then switched to Hard and I began to get cards again). I got a card in EVERY run without fail. This is the best stage to farm cards. Mind that I have the card that increases the chances of finding cards. So, if you don't have that one, you could have some troubles.

EDIT:

I did another run after writing this and holy shit, I got the star multiplier card. It's almost guaranteed!

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

My first card was card mutiplier. 

Still 3 left, played like 6 hours without SINGLE card.

For me, this game is broken. Loved the experience, now I'm more on the hate side.

Mine too, then i got the "increased chance of finding cards" not long after. I now have 90 medals, and 13 cards. I have had no cards now for literally hours, despite playing level 6 repeatedly, and also levels 8 & 9. What a joke. At least i'm not alone :)

• Like 1

exactly the same here as you two

89 medals and still 6 cards to get

In fact the cards seem to have stopped dropping ever since I picked up the one that was supposed to increase the chance of them turning up

Played 20+ level 6s on the trot without a single card turning up. After a full days blasting yesterday the only card that showed was on level 4 insane

Shame as its just spoiling a good title

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evertonian said:

exactly the same here as you two

89 medals and still 6 cards to get

In fact the cards seem to have stopped dropping ever since I picked up the one that was supposed to increase the chance of them turning up

Played 20+ level 6s on the trot without a single card turning up. After a full days blasting yesterday the only card that showed was on level 4 insane

Shame as its just spoiling a good title

I agree, the cards dropped frequently to start with, but since i picked up the "increased chance of finding cards" they have dried up.

At least now i don't think the cards are related to how many stars you have, which makes sense. You have more cards than me but i have 1 more medal than you. There would be no point in the game waiting until you have 100 medals before giving you all the cards. Surely the cards are there to help average players like myself rather than players who already excel at the game.

I doubt i can get another 10 medals, so i am hoping the cards will help.  The question is, will they drop before i get bored of playing the same levels over and over ?  ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.10.2017 at 3:19 PM, bratMario said:

By the weekend I just 100% completed the game. Of course most grinding trophy was House of Cards. My solution for achieving it is:

1. Play the very beginning of Stage-5 (Insane) - just destroy first 3 crates and exit when card did not appear and do it about 30-50 times, then - if unsuccessfull...

2. Play Stage-6 (Insane) - one or two complete pass, then - repeat from 1.

It worked at least for me when I got everything in game and had to farm last 6 cards (I already got card which increases probability gettin' it)

My the last 3 cards appeared in chain: Stage-5 -> Stage->6 -> Stage5 directlry one by one so I also recommend frequent Stage switching .

GOOD LUCK :)

I hate Stage 5^^. But I did something similar with Stage 7, there are a bunch of crates after first minute of playing, if there was nothing i just died and repeated.

In between I did Stage 6 and 8 or tried to get some medals. Although I did not need anymore medals I had the feeling the drop rate was increased after I got another medal or unlocked a new diffulty of some Stage.

So happy that I finally got the last one. But it was really intense. I unlocked Stage 8 on insane and did that for the first time. I got the card in the beginning of the level. If I am nervous I do often stupid mistakes and it is so easy to die there , but I made it :D

So is it possible that collecting a card, and then dying, means you have lost that card for good?  I need 5 more.  And i believe i have probably died 5 times with a card.  I have played quite a lot since the last card, and there has been nothing.  Doing what others have recommended, swapping levels, playing harder difficulties etc, but still nothing.  Seems kinda strange... Or is this really really just a terrible luck of the draw grind?

*After putting in a few more hours i managed 2 more, in quick succession, on level 6 Nightmare.  Earning a few more medals and unlocking an extra difficulty beforehand.  Hopefully the rest will come in due time with a bit more grinding.  ?

Edited by chiino82

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I suggest farming this trophy once you get stage 6, until you get to the part where two big swarms of red planes come from left and right. If you haven't get a card by then, let yourself get killed, if not, just end the stage. No need for it to be nightmare. There are about 10-11 crates until that moment. I got the trophy way before attempting the 100 medals one.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...