Episode 3 crash

My games keeps on crashing, game breaking. When I meet the head of security inside the camp the games crashes during the first conversation. Either when I get to introduced with the right hand of the head of security or the conversation afterwards. Anyone else with the same problems at this point? I haven't  reinstalled the game yet but I don't want to delete my save files, obviously. 

This is is exactly the reason why I'm not buying telltale games anymore. I love TWD so this would be the exception but I'm already regretting it. 

I've had literally every episode crash on me (well, maybe just one crash between the first 2 "episodes") and I think I know which part you're talking about. Thankfully it only crashed on me once. However, the next episode I had an issue similarly to yours where it crashed at the same part every time. I can't remember how I got past it, but after reading the above comment I almost want to say I did end up going offline to get past the constant freezing. Not entirely sure though, but it's worth a try. That and re-installing the game are basically your only options aside from trying again and again.

• Like 1

Re installing the game helped, not at first but after I restarted the episode (and made other choices in dialogue) it worked out fine. My choices from episode two were gone though so I was surprised to see a certain character again :) 

• 6 months later...

This is awful. The game frooze twice in a row on the way to the hospital with David. I thought my PS4 was dying, then came here and chilled out. Third time worked (tried to change choices and disconnected from internet), but then it soft crashed at the beginning of the episode 4 in the bat cages.

I wonder why they didn't patch it yet. It's a simple adventure game, not some complex RPG. Also, any of the previous TT games, both on PS3 and PS4, ever frooze on me. Oh, and this season is very mediocre, narratively speaking.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This happened to me in the telltale collection. When I reboot the game all my decisions from the entire season are gone, but I could continue from where the game crashed, for example

I killed Conrad and upon reboot he was alive.

I could play on just for the plat but don't even want it at this point because I was enjoying the story. Just have to restart the season some day. So be careful when y'all start it, back save before starting episode 3.

Edited by Winters_Solace

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had episodes 4 & 5 crash a couple times and in the same spot. However, on the 2nd or 3rd attempt it ran fine. Thing is my PS4 wasn't even connected to the Internet cause i unplugged my router.

But, hey, that's the TellTale engine for ya.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...