Multiplayer... without the other players.

pogo_loco

If your social skills are as bad as mine, and you have an extra $30, and you own multiple PS units, then you may enjoy knowing that Natural Doctrine's online system doesn't hiccup if you use the same PSN account from two devices to earn the multiplayer trophies.

NAtURAL%20DOCtRINE_20170527104801_zpsxhu

And cue the 'playing with yourself' jokes...

• Like 4

On 5/28/2017 at 0:20 AM, pogo_loco said:

If your social skills are as bad as mine, and you have an extra $30, and you own multiple PS units, then you may enjoy knowing that Natural Doctrine's online system doesn't hiccup if you use the same PSN account from two devices to earn the multiplayer trophies.

Nice find, I grabbed the PS3 digital last year which should be the cheapest and most accessible way around it - if you happen to own two consoles. Too bad the game isn't cross-buy.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:36 PM, johntatsi said:

Damn I don't know if it's impressive or sad that you found this out 

Maybe sad.  The only advantage is that you don't need to buff up a second account because you can use the same card deck for both players.  This helps with the cooperative match.  I used a setup similar to the one below to beat the Minotaur.  The golem moves next to the Minotaur just before the Minotaur's turn, absorbs all of the attacks, and then moves away to get repaired.  In between, the shooters all Reserve if they can and shoot if they can't.  Much easier to do by yourself than trying to coordinate with a random player.

NAtURAL%20DOCtRINE_20170603144148_zpsyr8

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This method definitely works. I've been using it to knock out some of the multiplayer trophies, but it is wonky when it comes to recording wins and CP. It seems to occasionally forget wins when I check the rankings screens. It may have something to do with the order of devices leaving the match and updating the server. I would highly recommend getting all vs. wins on one of the devices and exiting the matches consistently. Sometimes when logging in, the server resyncs with the device and the missing wins show up, but I don't know if it is reliable or affects when the trophies pop. I don't have this problem with co-op matches.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I think you could also just copy your save file to the user profile of a dummy account (if doing so  on PS3), and would just get a “trophies disabled” banner, but still be able to play against the other profile. I just did this with One Piece Pirate Warriors to skip replaying the opening levels to unlock online mode.

• Like 1