Episode 5 releases tomorrow...

TellTale games tend to have very good final episodes in my opinion so I'm hoping this won't be an exception. It's been a rather disappointing season what with the short episodes, technical problems, and some lack of being able to invest in most of the new characters. There have been some ups, but ultimately all I care about is Clementine's side of the story. I expect other "major" characters to be killed off. Maybe some will be determinant, but we all know that won't matter in the end provided the series goes on because they'll just end up killing anyone who has had the possibility to die anyway.

1 hour ago, TristanBrown17 said:

Not sure what this post is supposed to be about when you put an ellipses in the OP post...

Are you worried about what Episode 5 will contain?

Are you looking for predictions?

More like he wanted to open up a discussion thread about episode 5 without providing any meaningful discussion himself. A great way to open a thread about a particular subject in the hope that it will achieve popularity.

On topic (I think!), I just purchased the physical version of Walking Dead Season 3 the other day for €20. I usually wait until all episodes are released before playing a Telltale game. That way I can play through the entire game over the course of 2-3 days.

• Like 1

This season has been a huge letdown. I don't like that they made Clementine a support character. To me, Clementine has always been the main character in this game series so I don't really understand why TellTale decided to put new character(s) in lead. Third season has felt more like a spin-off than true sequel. Let's see how is the finale going to shape up, but I don't have high expectations.

• Like 3

This season was complete and utter trash so I expect the finale to be just as bad. Even with getting the new plat I am still not excited to play this in the least. Although I did really enjoy the first episode of guardians of the galaxy. I believe it is time to just stop doing walking dead titles for telltale. Do a new wolf among us Season or even game of thrones, just not walking dead. I love telltale and I love walking dead, why do I hate this new game so much?

Looking forward to how this season ends. I guess it seems I am one of the few who like the new characters and the riff between the brothers.

I, like others want a second season of The Wolf Among us and I would rather have second season of Borderlands than Game of Thrones.

The season pass was on sale the other day, and since the release of episode 5 was so close, I went ahead and bought it. I haven't heard much about this game, so I'm not sure what to expect. Still, I'm looking forward to playing through all of the episodes soon. That's my preferred way of playing Telltale games.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Come on bro, this is simple troll bait. Season 1 was the best, is the best, and will always be the absolute best telltale game to ever exist.

DAMN RIGHT!

Except all the seasons of Sam and Max.

and The Wolf among Us.

And Puzzle Agent.

and Tales from the Borderlands.

and Strongbad.

and Bone.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

So damn glad I didn't even tried the third season where not only Telltale dropped the ball as I see the responses of people disliking it where their quality has gone down due to still making too many projects all over it, the amount of effort of making their games run efficiently better is still a huge problem that remains my hatred of Telltale.

3 hours ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Come on bro, this is simple troll bait. Season 1 was the best, is the best, and will always be the absolute best telltale game to ever exist.

I disagree 

1 hour ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

So damn glad I didn't even tried the third season where not only Telltale dropped the ball as I see the responses of people disliking it where their quality has gone down due to still making too many projects all over it, the amount of effort of making their games run efficiently better is still a huge problem that remains my hatred of Telltale.

Season 3 is awesome dude, far better than Season 1. 

I'm not sure how this series could ever match the emotional gut punch that was the ending to season 1.  With the last ep out tomorrow  it's time to find out I guess.

I'd rather have another the Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands in the future.

Season 3 was definitely a step up from Season 2 (and most recent Telltale games) in my opinion. I've grown rather tired of the Telltale formula by now (and have already decided I'm not going to be playing Guardians of the Galaxy), but TWD S3 kept me entertained so far. The graphics and UI had a crisp new style, characters were mostly layered, if scenes were dull they were also significant in some way, I felt like choices mattered not all that much, but still more than in your average Telltale venture. I had no problem with the redirection of focus away from Clem. By not making her the main character, the game lets you decide, not what you would do as Clem, but how much you the player care about the individual that is Clem, which I appreciated. I'm definitely not expecting to be blown away by the final episode, but I'm sure it'll be serviceable. 

7 hours ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Don't make the Amy Schumer mistake of assuming anyone who disagrees with you is a troll haha :D 

While I'm sure many agree with your opinion, he just has a different one :)

Edited by QuentinCle95