Karmikazee

Dedicated Knight (200 quests??)

59 posts in this topic

So looking at the trophies, and results of those playing so far, this seems to be the only harder (time wise anyway) trophy to get. Can anyone give me an idea of how often they come up? (say in hours of play, that sort of thing) And is there anything you can do to make them appear more often?

 

Also for any of you that have "Can't touch this" can you give any pointers on how you avoided being hit. It's not a very big platform and his spinning attack covers a lot of area, not to mention his three pronged attack. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I found while trying to get "Can't touch this" it is vital to have one of the crystals the Hollow King generated targeted so you are able to dash, that's the only way I've seen that allows you to reliably evade his spinning attack. Even then you'll likely have to do this multiple time as you get used to the strategy, I recommend doing this in third person rather than first person.

   As for the event quests, they seem to be completly random but! Each boss has a relic drop which gives you access to a crafting recipe for an item which allows you to fight a much harder version of that boss, when you use the item to open the area up for the harder boss it is treated the same as an event quest. I have a theory that you can grind out one of these bosses and each time you use the item and complete it, it will count towards event quest completion. I have yet to test this though.

Edited by Bojuka76
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bojuka76 Thanks! Great vid. Does his attack change depending on how many players there are? Was sure I watched a vid with two players in which his shooting attack had multiple beams. But regardless it all seems much more do-able after watching your vid. Also about what level are you in the vid?

 

Hope you're right about the boss events, that would help a lot. My concern is because of lack of play time, having them come up when I have to shut it down for the night, and not being able to complete a lot of them.

 

(Am working 2 jobs all this week but come Friday night thru the weekend plan on getting very serious with this game! :) ) 

Edited by Karmikazee
needed to add something
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been able to get about two natural events in a day, one in the morning and one at night, but it's all chance. I've been trying to run the Electro Worm boss event for the past two hours to no avail, I think it's designed for multiple people, which I don't have. That run I did for the vid I actually recorded right after I sent my first message at thirty, but my level was 25 when I got the trophy. I have yet to play the game with a party so I don't quite know how bosses change their attacks with multiple people yet, but if I do find someone to play with I'll let you know. :) BTW most events last for 5 hours, but there is one that lasts for two days (I think) for the portal to the ghost world, PLACE A WORKBENCH IN THE GHOSTWORLD. It's required for "workbenching" and I made the mistake of not placing a workbench in there.

Edited by Bojuka76
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bojuka76 said:

I've been able to get about two natural events in a day, one in the morning and one at night, but it's all chance. I've been trying to run the Electro Worm boss event for the past two hours to no avail, I think it's designed for multiple people, which I don't have. That run I did for the vid I actually recorded right after I sent my first message at thirty, but my level was 25 when I got the trophy. I have yet to play the game with a party so I don't quite know how bosses change their attacks with multiple people yet, but if I do find someone to play with I'll let you know. :) BTW most events last for 5 hours, but there is one that lasts for two days (I think) for the portal to the ghost world, PLACE A WORKBENCH IN THE GHOSTWORLD. It's required for "workbenching" and I made the mistake of not placing a workbench in there.

I didn't even had the Ghostworld Event when I got "workbenching", so this is not necessary.

 

I can confirm that boss attack patterns (can) change in multiplayer. For example the hollow king attacks with 1 whirl attack and somewhat 3-4 shots when I play alone, in 2player he does 2 whirl then like 3-4 shots.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, thanks for all the info. You're making me want to play this so bad. Well only a couple more days and will be able to really sink my teeth into it. Have a friend who will be playing with me a lot so will let you know how co-op effects things. 

 

Great video @Hokupe 

 

Thanks again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    Hmm, don't quite know what I'm doing wrong for 'Workbenching' then, I've confirmed placed a workbench on every island, revisited each island in order, went through a third time and placed another set of workbenches... I'm probably just making a stupid mistake. Sorry for giving misinformation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bojuka76 said:

    Hmm, don't quite know what I'm doing wrong for 'Workbenching' then, I've confirmed placed a workbench on every island, revisited each island in order, went through a third time and placed another set of workbenches... I'm probably just making a stupid mistake. Sorry for giving misinformation.

Me and my friend both got this. I can give you these tips: 1) make sure you place another workbench on the very first island because repairing one doesn't count. 2) if you haven't rechecked all islands (all normal islands, no bosses, no event islands, no island after 3rd boss), do it, maybe you missed a number even when going chronologically (this was my mistake, 2-15 or something missed). 3) If you are sure you got number 2 right, revisit all islands again, but this time remove the workbench you placed, wait a moment, then place it again. No joke. (this is what triggered my friend's trophy)

 

On 29.5.2017 at 4:13 PM, Karmikazee said:

So looking at the trophies, and results of those playing so far, this seems to be the only harder (time wise anyway) trophy to get. Can anyone give me an idea of how often they come up? (say in hours of play, that sort of thing) And is there anything you can do to make them appear more often?

 

Also for any of you that have "Can't touch this" can you give any pointers on how you avoided being hit. It's not a very big platform and his spinning attack covers a lot of area, not to mention his three pronged attack. 

Since I got "Can't touch this" recently, I have a sweet strategie for 2 players: the one who wants the trophy stays at the start, not on the arena platform. He does not attack, only moves left/right when the boss shoots his missiles (you never know when he will target you, so make sure you move every time, just to be safe). The one who fights the boss stays on the arena plattform and also tries to have the boss stay far away from the 2nd player. (So it is very easy to dogde missile attacks!) 2nd player will never get hit by hurricane attack btw :3

2nd player requires little to no skill to achieve the trophy.

Edited by Hokupe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hokupe Had actually thought of that as a strategy for the Hollow King so nice to hear it works. Have a couple of questions about co-op though if you don't mind.

 

How do things like loot, events and trophies work in co-op? For example if I break open a chest as the host does my friend also get loot from it. When fighting enemies do we each get the usual amount of experience drops (another wards is there separate drops for each of us) or does it just depend on who picks it up? If there's a trophy for killing a boss or something like that does just the host get it or do both? And the same question for events, does it count towards to both accounts, or just the host?

 

Thanks in advance. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

@Hokupe Had actually thought of that as a strategy for the Hollow King so nice to hear it works. Have a couple of questions about co-op though if you don't mind.

 

How do things like loot, events and trophies work in co-op? For example if I break open a chest as the host does my friend also get loot from it. When fighting enemies do we each get the usual amount of experience drops (another wards is there separate drops for each of us) or does it just depend on who picks it up? If there's a trophy for killing a boss or something like that does just the host get it or do both? And the same question for events, does it count towards to both accounts, or just the host?

 

Thanks in advance. :)

Loot is not separate, so if you break open a chest and it drops a potion, the first one who picks it up gets it. (But of course you can drop everything for your partner to collect, no worries.) Exception is money and exp (you both get the same amount, not sure whether splitted in half or not), if you are near each other and one picks it up. If you are too far away, only the one who picks it up gets it. If you finish NPC quests, you both get exp/money, if you are near each other. If you are too far away, you may not get the reward.

Bosskilling: No matter who beats it, you both can get the trophy. You only need to be there for it to pop, no need to fight actually. But I'm pretty sure you need to be there the whole time, because I tried Hollow King with joining my friend last seconds before the boss was killed and I did not get "Can't touch this".

As for events, it seems to count them for both, since my friend got his "1st event" trophy when he joined me while I was doing one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah finally got a little time last night to get my feet wet with my friend, so found out about the loot, money, experience thing. But good to know about the events and bosses. 

 

Just one more thing if you don't mind, then will stop bothering you. :))  Can you remember the first world you were able to find iron ore on? My friend is a higher level then me and we barely scraped through a couple of her events last night. Better equipment work sure help. But had a lot of fun and looking forward to the weekend to really spend some time with it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

Yeah finally got a little time last night to get my feet wet with my friend, so found out about the loot, money, experience thing. But good to know about the events and bosses. 

 

Just one more thing if you don't mind, then will stop bothering you. :))  Can you remember the first world you were able to find iron ore on? My friend is a higher level then me and we barely scraped through a couple of her events last night. Better equipment work sure help. But had a lot of fun and looking forward to the weekend to really spend some time with it.

should be at second or third level after worm boss. It's never the first world after a boss.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Events can be farmed just set your console one day forward in time settings and start an offline game got platinum yesterday.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the Can't Touch This trophy yesterday, and honestly I tried all kinds of ways to get it, but to no avail. I did find that keeping him diagonally across from you was a great way to avoid that damn spin attack. It may take some time, but keep at it. Took me about three or four days to earn it, but that's because I work.

 

As for events, I've been wondering about that myself. I hope it doesn't come to me having to use @Speedyviper666 method, but if it does, oh well.

 

Good luck with the Can't Touch This trophy! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 0:03 PM, kittygirl2010 said:

I got the Can't Touch This trophy yesterday, and honestly I tried all kinds of ways to get it, but to no avail. I did find that keeping him diagonally across from you was a great way to avoid that damn spin attack. It may take some time, but keep at it. Took me about three or four days to earn it, but that's because I work.

 

As for events, I've been wondering about that myself. I hope it doesn't come to me having to use @Speedyviper666 method, but if it does, oh well.

 

Good luck with the Can't Touch This trophy! :)

@kittygirl2010 Yeah managed "Can't touch this" on the weekend. Just a little tidbit for those after it, falling off will not effect the trophy, he actually has to hit you, at least if you're co-oping with a friend. (Then his life doesn't go back up) Fell off right near the end but still the trophy popped. But have got it legitimately a few times since then, just takes practise and a little bit of luck in which way he spins.

 

We had to fight him well over 50 times before Fuffy's Speed dropped though! Grrrr, hate RNG!

 

For events have been using our main world and 2 small worlds each. Sitting at around 100 right now. Interesting though the small worlds still glitch out after a while, even though we don't play with our clocks?? Not a big deal, as can create new ones pretty quick, but it's a bit odd. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

@kittygirl2010 Yeah managed "Can't touch this" on the weekend. Just a little tidbit for those after it, falling off will not effect the trophy, he actually has to hit you, at least if you're co-oping with a friend. (Then his life doesn't go back up) Fell off right near the end but still the trophy popped. But have got it legitimately a few times since then, just takes practise and a little bit of luck in which way he spins.

 

We had to fight him well over 50 times before Fuffy's Speed dropped though! Grrrr, hate RNG!

 

For events have been using our main world and 2 small worlds each. Sitting at around 100 right now. Interesting though the small worlds still glitch out after a while, even though we don't play with our clocks?? Not a big deal, as can create new ones pretty quick, but it's a bit odd. 

@Karmikazee

 

Hey m8, hope you read this. I was doing events the other day, and my split screen partner wasn't receiving the cumulative Trophies for the Events. Not sure how this will affect online but just be weary that ONLY the host may receive completion of events. I made a new character, quickly done 10 events in 10mins, the Trophy popped for me but not for them, I even went a few more and nothing....... Ur firend may be very unhappy with this......;(

 

Some other Trophies are like this for online/local, the game doesnt register trophy completion for the guest. Well their stats dont get boosted I guess

 

That 'CANT TOUCH THIS Trophy is like the easiest no damage trophy ever. People should not be having trouble with it, while farming for fluffy gear, I must have defeated it abt 20 times taking no dmg. It can be defeated in 30secs with a poison rain max mage, which means u have like 6 total atks to dodge that is all. The key is to LOCK ONTO THE BOSS from the start, then u destroy the crystals putting them nxt to u and casting poison rain, while dodging the boss. Honestly, its easy with right setup. 

 

It took me 42 tries to get that bunny drop from last boss to, so not just urself. Got it within 10 kills on the other bosses though ;)

 

I found destroying 53000 a bit of a grind, that was my last Trophy actually before plat

 

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@optimusmart Can definitely confirm that events count in your own game and in a friends when online. Got my 1st trophy by doing 6 events in my own game and 4 in my friends. It's not unusual for trophies not to count for 2nd controller in couch co-op, in fact it's very common.  

 

Had a feeling that a mage might have an advantage in that particular fight. Unfortunately both of us were playing as rangers and other than a couple of times couldn't take him out in one go. Always just a hair left, but not quite. (Always seemed to just nick me in the second set of spins. :(  ) Changed up our skills and such, but haven't tried him since.

 

Am really puzzled as to why our smaller universe events keep glitching out. (Event shows on the map but not when you're on the world) Even got to 7 worlds on one and it still glitched. Not playing with the clock and the only other difference is they're small universes instead of large. (for the faster loading times) Allows us to do 6 or more events a day but recreating all the time is getting boring.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Karmikazee said:

@optimusmart Can definitely confirm that events count in your own game and in a friends when online. Got my 1st trophy by doing 6 events in my own game and 4 in my friends. It's not unusual for trophies not to count for 2nd controller in couch co-op, in fact it's very common.  

 

Had a feeling that a mage might have an advantage in that particular fight. Unfortunately both of us were playing as rangers and other than a couple of times couldn't take him out in one go. Always just a hair left, but not quite. (Always seemed to just nick me in the second set of spins. :(  ) Changed up our skills and such, but haven't tried him since.

 

Am really puzzled as to why our smaller universe events keep glitching out. (Event shows on the map but not when you're on the world) Even got to 7 worlds on one and it still glitched. Not playing with the clock and the only other difference is they're small universes instead of large. (for the faster loading times) Allows us to do 6 or more events a day but recreating all the time is getting boring.

 

Oh thats good to know, thats very good then, that would have been a pain

 

Yea, with Mage, u only have to dodge spin attack once and 3 missiles, then he falls and you kill in one go 1st time, that easy ;). I think the most important thing is that u lock onto Boss. I see vids of people locking onto the crystals, this makes it problematic as the camera is all over the place and once one destroys, ur vulnerable. Lock onto the boss, then u get behind a crystal and atk, u will then hit a crystal. But being locled onto the boss, u are always aware of him and the camera is steady. Advice for others ;)

 

I had that happen once I think on a mining event. Think thats just a glitch, but u do need to be careful with the clock as the game heavily relies on it. Whatever u do, do not put ur system clock on 2099 year, and then open your map!! 

 

Are u and ur friends clocks set to the exact same time?? 

 

 

Its a fun little game isnt it, its a shame about the storage/management system being so poor, thats probably my only complaint. By Platinum, I had about 40 chests with just junk everywhere, was a pain looking for stuff. 

 

Now I have Plat, I am going to go for Plat on another account, see how fast it is once u have knowledge ;)  

 

How have u found the game? 

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@optimusmart "How have you found the game?"

 

The mining/building/creating is not as interesting or deep as Minecraft, but visually better. The combat/gameplay is very simple but much better than Minecraft. Only real complaint is inventory, as you mentioned, but not a game killer. But what it does do very well is the co-op. Don't think would have enjoyed it near as much if not for that. We're having a great time fighting bosses, helping each other build, and laughing our arses off when yet again one of us falls into a bottomless crevice! 

 

Short answer, having fun with it. :) 

 

Re clocks. As said haven't played with the clocks at all. That's what's puzzling. Between the 2 of us have had to delete and recreate universes about 6-7 times now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

@optimusmart "How have you found the game?"

 

The mining/building/creating is not as interesting or deep as Minecraft, but visually better. The combat/gameplay is very simple but much better than Minecraft. Only real complaint is inventory, as you mentioned, but not a game killer. But what it does do very well is the co-op. Don't think would have enjoyed it near as much if not for that. We're having a great time fighting bosses, helping each other build, and laughing our arses off when yet again one of us falls into a bottomless crevice! 

 

Short answer, having fun with it. :) 

 

Re clocks. As said haven't played with the clocks at all. That's what's puzzling. Between the 2 of us have had to delete and recreate universes about 6-7 times now.

Yea, the combat is v.good, I agree

 

I havent really played online yet, need to get me m8 to download it

 

I know u hadnt m8, was just wondering if ur clocks are set to the exact same time....? 

 

Abusing ur clock makes event farming way way faster

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our clocks being off wouldn't have anything to do with it as will go into my world first, then she joins me, or vice versa. So will see that the quest is glitched before the other has even joined the game. Certainly not hard to create a new world, just strikes me odd why it keeps happening. Realize moving the clock ahead will speed up events, but right now we're having fun and still have to get Cubicide and such, so we're good for now. :)  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOW I KNOW WHY THIS GAME HAS AN ULTRA RARE PLATINUM. :(

 

It's the portals themselves. I did expect that you needed to use different colored portal stones, but I didn't expect Yellow Portal Stones to cost three portal pieces. The blue portal stones only cost two pieces, which were easy to get anywhere, but farming three yellow portal pieces is tough considering that the enemies get stronger. I died three times in the first yellow portal world.

 

Anyways, this game will probably be on the back burner and only infrequently visited once in a while. I'm not saying the game is bad, but it is very time-consuming.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 6:25 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

NOW I KNOW WHY THIS GAME HAS AN ULTRA RARE PLATINUM. :(

 

It's the portals themselves. I did expect that you needed to use different colored portal stones, but I didn't expect Yellow Portal Stones to cost three portal pieces. The blue portal stones only cost two pieces, which were easy to get anywhere, but farming three yellow portal pieces is tough considering that the enemies get stronger. I died three times in the first yellow portal world.

 

Anyways, this game will probably be on the back burner and only infrequently visited once in a while. I'm not saying the game is bad, but it is very time-consuming.

 

 

Its not that bad, u can prevent using the mats by quitting the game or the main menu (cant remember which one) as soon as u make the portal. Doing this causes the portal to be built, but the portal shards will not be consumed

 

Portals save as soon as u build them, not when the game saves. Almost ALL portals allow you to do this, but a few wont. 

 

 

The 200 quests one is pretty easy as well. All 200 can be done in an hour if u know what u are doing. I was going to do a platinum walkthrough for this a while back but i lost all interest in the game

 

The trick for 30secs quests was something to do with the easter egg quest where u create the easter egg. Cant remember exactly what I did, but I remembered I could quickly load up the world, create the golden egg, then take the golden egg from the bence, quit and reload, take the gloden egg, quit, reload etc etc. 

 

You create the golden egg, but the quest doesnt complete till u take it from the bench. And like portals, ur quest count is updated as soon as u complete it, but not the golden egg being taken. 

 

This allows you to exploit, u just keep loading and taking the golden egg, 30 sec quests

 

U can reach easter event by changing system date to April (but change it to a previous april, not future). Putting clock forward messes up random events

 

 

I should have revealed this 200 quests tip year or so ago when I first played as the trick isnt known. I just meant to do my own guide and was saving for that, just never got round to it and forgot to mention it

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Portals save as soon as u build them, not when the game saves. Almost ALL portals allow you to do this, but a few wont. 

Thanks for the advice! I will take these things into consideration when I download the game to finish it, I do plan of getting the plat for it eventually.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.