Dedicated Knight (200 quests??)

Karmikazee

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Thanks for the advice! I will take these things into consideration when I download the game to finish it, I do plan of getting the plat for it eventually.

No probs, just remember, it wont work for every portal, but will for about 90% of them

The game saves during certain time intervals, but, select actions will save as soon as u do it, for example;

Portals and Quest completion

Luckily, quitting game avoids saving, but not certain actions. 

That 200 quest tip is very very helpful, currently the best tips on the net willget u that Trophy in about 8hrs and thats on coop. This tip gets u it in 1ht solo

All u need to do, get easter event, create a golden egg, but DO NOT take from bench. Now save game, load back up, take egg, close game. Load game back, grab egg, close game, repeat, that easy

Just providing bit more info as it wont hurt to have a bit more, happy to help 

I was a bit hesitant aboit mentioning that quests exploit as well in case developers get wind and patch. Hopefully now its been that long that developers wont pay much interest

Edited by optimusmart

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, rampantMoose said:

The above method (golden egg event) does not work. The event is marked "complete" as soon as you select "craft" at the drafting table. 

Thats the whole point, you craft, it completes, then you exit the game or quit to main menu quickly

Then when you load back up, it is there ready to complete again, even though you completed it. Backing out quickly doesnt save it as complete in the world, but does in your stats

What exactly did you do? This is a very much time saving trick, so please be sure it 'doesnt work' before classing it as that

Have you done exactly as I advised... Remember it is suppose to say complete! Get back to me, and if you have further problems, I will boot game up and see if it still works

Edited by optimusmart

Yeah, I understood your initial explanation of how the method was supposed to work. 

I tried to do the following, just a few hours ago:

1. Set console date back to Easter of 2017

2. Collect 15 of each type of egg (used as ingredients)

3. Craft egg at drafting table

-- Quest is now marked as complete, has disappeared from screen (never reappears) --

4. Back out to Title Screen of Portal Knights

----

5. Load my world again

6. Pick up golden egg from drafting table

7. Exit out of application

8. Start up application

----

9. Repeat steps 5 to 8

2 hours ago, rampantMoose said:

Yeah, I understood your initial explanation of how the method was supposed to work. 

I tried to do the following, just a few hours ago:

1. Set console date back to Easter of 2017

2. Collect 15 of each type of egg (used as ingredients)

3. Craft egg at drafting table

-- Quest is now marked as complete, has disappeared from screen (never reappears) --

4. Back out to Title Screen of Portal Knights

----

5. Load my world again

6. Pick up golden egg from drafting table

7. Exit out of application

8. Start up application

----

9. Repeat steps 5 to 8

Ahhh, I know what I may have done, Ive listed the steps slightly wrong, you NEVER take the egg. You MUST always leave it in there

Craft the egg, so it completes, THEN exit. Load game back, craft egg, quit, reload repeat, dont take egg out

Sorry if I have in fact miswrote it, not sure how I did that. Try it witht his correction, if still no luck, I will then load up game and play around, make sure it hasnt been patched

@rampantMoose

Ok buddy, sorted it now

I've just experimented slightly and not sure if I put it down wrong or it has been patched slightly, but this works;

Get the Eggs, place the dracting table near the spawn, but DO NOT begin crafting. Now exit to title screen to save

Now load world, begin crafting golden egg so quest completes, AND THEN close the application

Reload and repeat. 

I could be wrong, but it seems like this has been patched.

I got the trophy for 10 events prior to attempting this method, so it should have been no more than 40 events until the next trophy popped. 

I completed 70 - 80 events using this method, but the trophy for completing 50 events remains locked.

6 hours ago, rampantMoose said:

I could be wrong, but it seems like this has been patched.

I got the trophy for 10 events prior to attempting this method, so it should have been no more than 40 events until the next trophy popped. 

I completed 70 - 80 events using this method, but the trophy for completing 50 events remains locked.

Dont know, I didnt get that far into testing. U may have to wait for the small loading icon after completing the quest, and then close the game

Not saying its certain, but may be ur closing the game too early (i cant remember if that was ever a factor im afraid) 

An easy way to test is to go split screen and see if it pops for 10 quests on the guest, but then I cant remember if events only count for the host or not

• 2 weeks later...

I did the easter quest slightly different - you can see I got my trophy some, uh, days ago. The event did get patched, but no problem! Do this:

- collect 15 eggs for golden egg

- have crafting table in hotbar

- go to level with easter event (I had 2 small worlds I deleted and made new if events bugged out)

now: put crafting table next to starting point, start crafting golden egg. Event finishes. Important part: break crafting table. You get all items (15 eggs...) back. Quit world. Load other world(s) with easter event. You can only do this once per year, so offline fast forwarding a year. Repeat.

Do not worry if you think you can't get 200 events (I needed 275 -.-" I counted) because time only goes up to 2099. Every time you need to refresh a world because events bug, you clear that world too. You could basically start at 2000 again.

This method does not take long, but you probably should watch something while doing it ;)

• 3 months later...
On 22.5.2018 at 0:08 AM, optimusmart said:

Ahhh, I know what I may have done, Ive listed the steps slightly wrong, you NEVER take the egg. You MUST always leave it in there

Craft the egg, so it completes, THEN exit. Load game back, craft egg, quit, reload repeat, dont take egg out

Sorry if I have in fact miswrote it, not sure how I did that. Try it witht his correction, if still no luck, I will then load up game and play around, make sure it hasnt been patched

still works?

1 hour ago, Pinselneo said:

still works?

I dunno, havent been on.it.for ages. 

I can always manipulate mechanics to repeat it, but ive not checked 100% via 10 event trophy unlocks since the very first post/method.

Do u want.me to try and double.check it?

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2018 at 1:37 AM, Kange_Sin said:

Just finished the 200 quests, have 70k gold and 215 energy crystals. ?

Would you happen to remember your plat time? trying to convince my goons to run it with me, and trying to have all the infos for them doods.

6 hours ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

Would you happen to remember your plat time? trying to convince my goons to run it with me, and trying to have all the infos for them doods.

I cant remember everything but I think u arel looking at 20+ if u dupe and can get the quest exploit to work. Creative wasnt available b4 tho, may speed it up

If no duping and no quest exploit, probably abt 35+

Even coop, quests will still take close to 10 hrs, the exploit allowed you to do in 1-2hrs solo

Maybe I will look at the exploit again, see if I can get it to work, there will be a lot of traffic now

On 30/05/2018 at 9:59 PM, Hokupe said:

I did the easter quest slightly different - you can see I got my trophy some, uh, days ago. The event did get patched, but no problem! Do this:

- collect 15 eggs for golden egg

- have crafting table in hotbar

- go to level with easter event (I had 2 small worlds I deleted and made new if events bugged out)

now: put crafting table next to starting point, start crafting golden egg. Event finishes. Important part: break crafting table. You get all items (15 eggs...) back. Quit world. Load other world(s) with easter event. You can only do this once per year, so offline fast forwarding a year. Repeat.

Do not worry if you think you can't get 200 events (I needed 275 -.-" I counted) because time only goes up to 2099. Every time you need to refresh a world because events bug, you clear that world too. You could basically start at 2000 again.

This method does not take long, but you probably should watch something while doing it ;)

Bit of  l8 response, but considering its now free on PSplus, thought maybe now I should have a deeper look into it.

This alternative way you have done it, I think that was how I did it all along. So it had never been patched, its just I had forgotten the steps.

I looked back to my trophy images, for the events it seems there were all the way back in the middle of 2017, im using that as my excuse for forgetting ;).

My trophy images from that date show the 50 event trophy popping as soon as I BEGUN crafting the egg, so that hasnt changed. You just have to begin crafting it to finish the event, not finish crafting it.

And my 200 event trophy popped with the eggs and crafting table on the floor, so I was indeed breaking the table to get items back, just as u said here.

Not sure how I forgot these VERY important steps, maybe closing the application down stuck in.my head as I used it for a few other mechanics to exploit them.

Reference the time, its better to put your clock back for the seasonal events, not forwards. Going fowards messes it all up sort off, just change back a year, do event, forward a year do event, back a year etc etc.

So, for new players, if you want to do the 200 events in an hour solo, this is what you do:

1. First complete the game and get the majority of the other trophies.

2. Once ready, put your clock back 2 year to April 2016 (think it must be between March 26th and April 21st or somet).

3. Load up your game and you should now see a Easter Egg event. Go to this level and collect all the eggs and the crafting table requires to craft the golden egg.

4. Once you have everything, begin crafting the egg to complete the event, then break the table before the crafting completes to get the egg and the table back.

5. Now quit back to title screen, and move clock forward a year to easter 2017.

6. Load same character back up, go to easter event level in universe.

7. Now you already have the eggs and table, quickly begin crafting the golden egg to finish the event, then break the table, grab the eggs and table then quit to title screen.

8. Now put your clock back a year to easter 2016.

9. Repeat steps 5-8, its that simple. Takes about 15mins to setup, then it wil be like 30sec cycles or something

Will try to get a video up

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, Kange_Sin said:

Strange that no one talks about C'thiris runs. Feel like I'm completing them fairly rapidly, plus gettin some good extra items and gold (not to mention, actually playing the game.)

Hey mate could you tell me how you do these runs? thanks ??

On 1/7/2019 at 11:26 PM, Woodzy_5 said:

Hey mate could you tell me how you do these runs? thanks ??

Hey Woodzy! I just created a thread that regroup the fastest way to do the 200 events with C'thiris runs and to level boosting.

For me the Easter event runs didn't work.

Hi, I don't normally post on forums but it does seem like a lot of people are having having trouble with the 200 quests trophies. I followed Optimusmart's instructions step by step and it indeed worked for me. Got to about 140 before I had to leave though. Some things I would add though is that you have to at least gone through the third portal and make sure to go to the map to check which world the quest is active in. For me it was in the Fort and re-entering the universe it changed to the starting tutorial world.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:22 AM, optimusmart said:

Bit of  l8 response, but considering its now free on PSplus, thought maybe now I should have a deeper look into it.

This alternative way you have done it, I think that was how I did it all along. So it had never been patched, its just I had forgotten the steps.

I looked back to my trophy images, for the events it seems there were all the way back in the middle of 2017, im using that as my excuse for forgetting ;).

My trophy images from that date show the 50 event trophy popping as soon as I BEGUN crafting the egg, so that hasnt changed. You just have to begin crafting it to finish the event, not finish crafting it.

And my 200 event trophy popped with the eggs and crafting table on the floor, so I was indeed breaking the table to get items back, just as u said here.

Not sure how I forgot these VERY important steps, maybe closing the application down stuck in.my head as I used it for a few other mechanics to exploit them.

Reference the time, its better to put your clock back for the seasonal events, not forwards. Going fowards messes it all up sort off, just change back a year, do event, forward a year do event, back a year etc etc.

So, for new players, if you want to do the 200 events in an hour solo, this is what you do:

1. First complete the game and get the majority of the other trophies.

2. Once ready, put your clock back 2 year to April 2016 (think it must be between March 26th and April 21st or somet).

3. Load up your game and you should now see a Easter Egg event. Go to this level and collect all the eggs and the crafting table requires to craft the golden egg.

4. Once you have everything, begin crafting the egg to complete the event, then break the table before the crafting completes to get the egg and the table back.

5. Now quit back to title screen, and move clock forward a year to easter 2017.

6. Load same character back up, go to easter event level in universe.

7. Now you already have the eggs and table, quickly begin crafting the golden egg to finish the event, then break the table, grab the eggs and table then quit to title screen.

8. Now put your clock back a year to easter 2016.

9. Repeat steps 5-8, its that simple. Takes about 15mins to setup, then it wil be like 30sec cycles or something

Will try to get a video up

Please let me know if you end up uploading the video.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, BestUsername---- said:

Hi, I don't normally post on forums but it does seem like a lot of people are having having trouble with the 200 quests trophies. I followed Optimusmart's instructions step by step and it indeed worked for me. Got to about 140 before I had to leave though. Some things I would add though is that you have to at least gone through the third portal and make sure to go to the map to check which world the quest is active in. For me it was in the Fort and re-entering the universe it changed to the starting tutorial world.

Did the method work for you? you got the 200 trophy?

Edited by galexu