This is the best walking simulator I have ever played

I'm really looking forward to playing this! Think it looks gorgeous and and by the sounds of it the storey is fantastic. But I'm not paying £18 (or however much it is) for a 3 hour game. Will pick it up in a sale at some point and I'm sure I'll love every minute of it when I do.

• Like 2

This is a site pimarily for trophy hunters so it's probably because the game doesn't have a platinum trophy. Or maybe many have already bought it and put it in their backlog because there are so many good games out right now. Than there's the fact that this will probably become a part of the Instant Game Collection. I personally didn't even know it was already out.

11 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

I totally agree with you it is exceptionally. I hope they don't lower the price personally, it is worth every $. Was amused to read the irrelevant posts by the cheap skates that offered nothing except that they wouldn't pay for something of quality. I personally bought it on two regions to support the devs,I hope they keep on making such creative stuff. 

Edit : why do people that have not played that game feel qualified to comment on it. 

I'm the exact same way. Length and price don't matter to me when purchasing a game. I want quality. Something Edith Finch has in spades :D 

• Like 2

The developer of the game said it took him 4 years to develop this game and all its aspects. That being said I can already say prior to purchasing it that I will not be disappointed when I play it. This game does look interesting and it does intrigue me. I've played Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Gone Home, and newly released Deliriant, so I know what to expect. This game currently costs $19.99 which is an okay price for what it's worth. But I'm going to wait until they have a price drop or if they release this for free for PS Plus in the future. Similar to how they did with Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Gone Home. This game does look promising and I'll take your word that it is a fantastic game. By the way great job on being the 6th fastest achiever. :) ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

The developer of the game said it took him 4 years to develop this game and all its aspects. That being said I can already say prior to purchasing it that I will not be disappointed when I play it. This game does look interesting and it does intrigue me. I've played Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Gone Home, and newly released Deliriant, so I know what to expect. This game currently costs $19.99 which is an okay price for what it's worth. But I'm going to wait until they have a price drop or if they release this for free for PS Plus in the future. Similar to how they did with Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Gone Home. This game does look promising and I'll take your word that it is a fantastic game. By the way great job on being the 6th fastest achiever. :) 1f44d.png

Sounds like the game is right up your alley then. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you do eventually get it!

Holy shit, I didn't even realize that I was the 6th fastest achiever :o Thanks for the heads up!!

• Like 1

This is the third place I have seen someone praising this game, so I am looking forward to being able to play it at some point. I have been keeping an eye on it, like I did with Everyone's Gone to the Rapture until it went on Plus (and I was not disappointed there, even took tons of screenshots, and left certain areas running for background noise and the beautiful scenery). 

At the moment I have so many games in my backlog I still intend to play, though, plus an increase in the bills and a decrease in available playtime both due to our newborn. So can't really justify spending money on another game at the moment. PS+ is the only gaming expense in the budget for quite a while. 

• Like 1

I will certainly play when i get a chance - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was one of my favourite games of the past few years - this is just a difficult year to get to all the good games.

2017 might well be shaping up to be the first serious contender to dethrone 1998 as the greatest year for videogames.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

Edit : why do people that have not played that game feel qualified to comment on it. 

Because the question was why have people not played it. So that would seem to welcome input from people who are familiar with the game, but have not yet purchased it.

Personally, it is on the list, but the price ($26.99 CDN presently), is hard to justify for a non-platinum game, which offers maybe a couple of hours of game play and no replayability.

This is not a reflection of the quality of the title, but I only have so much time and money, and a big backlog.

I look forward to playing it once there is a price drop. I'm sure a lot of time when into the development and production of the game. I wonder if the sales would have been much higher at a launch price of $10 US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

I totally agree with you it is exceptionally. I hope they don't lower the price personally, it is worth every $. Was amused to read the irrelevant posts by the cheap skates that offered nothing except that they wouldn't pay for something of quality. I personally bought it on two regions to support the devs,I hope they keep on making such creative stuff. 

It isn't hard to "buy the game twice to support the devs" when you have an Australian salary. I have to work for seven years to earn what you earn in a year. So please reconsider using the term "cheapskates" next time, because not everyone is so fortunate to be born in such an economically superior country as yours. :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, harsly said:

It isn't hard to "buy the game twice to support the devs" when you have an Australian salary. I have to work for seven years to earn what you earn in a year. So please reconsider using the term "cheapskates" next time, because not everyone is so fortunate to be born in such an economically superior country as yours. :D

I am not sure if this was meant as a joke but I laughed ?, now back to watering the native money trees that grow all over our magnificent country. ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I am not sure if this was meant as a joke but I laughed 1f600.png, now back to watering the native money trees that grow all over our magnificent country. 1f61c.png

I'm glad I made you laugh but it wasn't a joke :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

for me blackwood crossing is much better

I just couldn't get into that one at all, and ended the game feeling like a trophy whore.

Rapture I loved. So many different levels of satisfaction there.

I'm going to have to give this Edith one a spin tonight. I did Blackwood and Rapture both back in 2017 and probably high time I did another game like this as a break from other stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, JPageMartin36 said:

I just couldn't get into that one at all, and ended the game feeling like a trophy whore.

Rapture I loved. So many different levels of satisfaction there.

I'm going to have to give this Edith one a spin tonight. I did Blackwood and Rapture both back in 2017 and probably high time I did another game like this as a break from other stuff.

when i see the blackwood crossing in eu region cheap i will buy again for me is an awesome game