Tactician

I know the game isn't wildly popular, but I thought a thread for this trophy would be nice anyways. Hopefully it helps future players.

The Vita version, according to a guide I wasn't aware was for the Vita version, and another member confirming, does not need the 3 extra stages in Forgotten Fields called Heroic Mode.

The PS4 version, however, DOES. I completed each level to 3 stars, so 180/189, without the trophy popping. Thinking "ok maybe it glitched on me" I deleted the game and re-downloaded multiple times. Nothing. I then took it a step further to delete my save data and redo each level. Again Tactician didn't pop at 180/189 stars.

Thanks to @diskdocx my second run through the game meant I was hoarding Crystals, only upgrading the basic Dart Tower. (I also went for extra gold looted and extra gold to start with but you don't have to.)

My second run through the game left me with I believe 675 Crystals. You get a rather large reward for replaying a level or 2 after completing Desert Bones. :dunno: 

These Crystals are more than enough for Heroic. You can unlock and place Dart Towers in each spot as well as pay for the upgrade to the Green upgrade and still be fine. Make sure you place a Mine in a good coverage area and upgrade it to a Radar Dish as well. Again you can just use Crystals for all of these before the wave starts. (You can pause the timer by pressing :circle: )

The first Heroic Mode stage awarded me 200 Crystals which gave me back what I spent and then some so you definitely don't need to worry about cost.

My first time around I went kinda crazy upgrading all of the stuff in the shop. Had 1 Crystal left so unless I paid real money for more I never would have gotten Tactician. You definitely don't as restarting the entire game isn't a huge deal as it can be beaten quickly. Just hoard your Crystals.

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I know the game isn't wildly popular, but I thought a thread for this trophy would be nice anyways. Hopefully it helps future players.

The Vita version, according to a guide I wasn't aware was for the Vita version, and another member confirming, does not need the 3 extra stages in Forgotten Fields called Heroic Mode.

The PS4 version, however, DOES. I completed each level to 3 stars, so 180/189, without the trophy popping. Thinking "ok maybe it glitched on me" I deleted the game and re-downloaded multiple times. Nothing. I then took it a step further to delete my save data and redo each level. Again Tactician didn't pop at 180/189 stars.

Thanks to @diskdocx my second run through the game meant I was hoarding Crystals, only upgrading the basic Dart Tower. (I also went for extra gold looted and extra gold to start with but you don't have to.)

My second run through the game left me with I believe 675 Crystals. You get a rather large reward for replaying a level or 2 after completing Desert Bones. :dunno: 

These Crystals are more than enough for Heroic. You can unlock and place Dart Towers in each spot as well as pay for the upgrade to the Green upgrade and still be fine. Make sure you place a Mine in a good coverage area and upgrade it to a Radar Dish as well. Again you can just use Crystals for all of these before the wave starts. (You can pause the timer by pressing :circle: )

The first Heroic Mode stage awarded me 200 Crystals which gave me back what I spent and then some so you definitely don't need to worry about cost.

My first time around I went kinda crazy upgrading all of the stuff in the shop. Had 1 Crystal left so unless I paid real money for more I never would have gotten Tactician. You definitely don't as restarting the entire game isn't a huge deal as it can be beaten quickly. Just hoard your Crystals.

Glad you got it sorted. Weird that the Vita version did not require those 3 bonus levels, but the PS4 does. When the price drops I will probably stack it, so good to know.

Definitely this was one of the easier tower defense games from this developer - they have a lot. There were more than enough upgrade points, and the dart towers are beasts. I think I upgraded all the spells a little, and the mine/radar tower, but otherwise I rarely used the others.

If you like this type of game, Defense Grid 2 is fun, albeit a bit more of a grind (but does have a plat). Fort Defense was also very easy.

I had quite a bit more trouble with Day D Tower Rush and Medieval Defenders - I had to buy add on packs for both of those to finish them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

Glad you got it sorted. Weird that the Vita version did not require those 3 bonus levels, but the PS4 does. When the price drops I will probably stack it, so good to know.

Definitely this was one of the easier tower defense games from this developer - they have a lot. There were more than enough upgrade points, and the dart towers are beasts. I think I upgraded all the spells a little, and the mine/radar tower, but otherwise I rarely used the others.

If you like this type of game, Defense Grid 2 is fun, albeit a bit more of a grind (but does have a plat). Fort Defense was also very easy.

I had quite a bit more trouble with Day D Tower Rush and Medieval Defenders - I had to buy add on packs for both of those to finish them.

Thanks. Heroic is definitely made for people to spend money if they don't hoard Crystals or care to restart like I did. It's just 1 long wave with 1 heart and only enough money for 1 dart tower at the start that can't even kill anything. xD 

My brother and I played and platted Defense Grid 2 already. We have Final Horizon and Savage Moon on our list since I read they are also Tower Defense games. 

I don't have a Vita so Fort Defense, Day D Tower Rush, and Medieval Defenders are out. Thanks for the recommendation though.

I'll be getting to Invisible Threat next. Idk if there is a Heroic Mode or something similar as well so we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Thanks. Heroic is definitely made for people to spend money if they don't hoard Crystals or care to restart like I did. It's just 1 long wave with 1 heart and only enough money for 1 dart tower at the start that can't even kill anything. xD 

My brother and I played and platted Defense Grid 2 already. We have Final Horizon and Savage Moon on our list since I read they are also Tower Defense games. 

I don't have a Vita so Fort Defense, Day D Tower Rush, and Medieval Defenders are out. Thanks for the recommendation though.

I'll be getting to Invisible Threat next. Idk if there is a Heroic Mode or something similar as well so we'll see how that goes.

Not familiar with Savage Moon....gonna have to look into it. Final Horizon is great.

The Castle Game (not to be confused with Castles), is another tower defence game on PS4

• Like 1