Do you continue to help people long after getting platinum?

Mizztec

Normally if it's a co-op trophy then yeah, I'll help people out if I can do it easily such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and a few days ago I also helped someone with some Uncharted 3 co-op trophies. I wouldn't help someone actively grind multiplayer if it meant I had to keep running back to them to get killed if I was already done with the game, but I have used a turbo controller in some people's lobbies to stay active while they kill my account or something. If anything, I've probably helped more people with games after being done with them than the amount of time I've spent hunting trophies on my account. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla
  • Like 4

I´ve help people with games like top spin 4, virtua tennis, quantum of solace, F1 2011, fifas.. too many fifas... kind of rewarding help people in need,, gladyly I have foud same kind of help when Im huntng for trophies

Jmrblacrose23.png

Edited by Jmrblacrose23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I've been helping people with Borderlands 2 on and off for years.

I know who to look up when I finally take on Terramorphous.....been in my backlog way too long :P

Like others, I'm always happy to help if someone asks and I have the game still. I've had great experiences with most folks on PSN, and have made some great friends along the way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

I have helped many people with Unit 13 too and no, it ain't easy. I have to re-learn the controls and replay the final level without dying to share it. And the share is only good for 6 hours. I don't think most realize the effort involved.

Yep, definitely was a pain in the ass. I had a few people miss the share time and ask me to do it again like it is as simple as sending an invite. Of course I still helped them out because that is just the type of person I am.

• Like 1

Yeah, i helped tons of people get the platinum in Demons Souls when they were missing rings or needed bladestone. It was kinda annoying to set up, but if i could've saved others from hours of grinding i was glad to do it. But unfortunately my saves corrupted, so now i'm slowly working to get 'em back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Depends. I help people who are gracious. If they ask politely I am happy to do it. If random_jackass asks me with an entitled attitude I tell them to fuck off.

I have helped many people with Unit 13 too and no, it ain't easy. I have to re-learn the controls and replay the final level without dying to share it. And the share is only good for 6 hours. I don't think most realize the effort involved.

Yes Bullstomp is very helpful i witness, Unit 13 i never ever felt to ask for help from anyone in it, i really enjoyed the challenge of this game so i had to ace all 36 missions, so underrated this game maybe because it's only missions no campaign and no story

As for me i have helped many many people even strangers, but sadly nowadays trophy hunters aren't as helpful as they used to be a lot also bail on me after they get the platinum leaving me hanging 

• Like 2

I helped a few people out with the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater online trophy through them PMing me. it only takes a couple of minutes so it's not like I went out of my way or anything. I'd make a bigger and time consuming effort for friends but maybe not for complete strangers unless I needed the trophy too. Other than that I've been verbally walking someone through The Phantom Pain platinum recently (and MGS4 despite not having the platinum) which I'm happy to do for anyone but that doesn't need me to be online with them of course. 

In short, unless I know you personally I probably won't put in more than an hour or two to help, I have my own games to play too, sorry! Explaining and walking someone through something is fine though since it only takes a minute to type something out on those rare occasions that I know what I'm talking about. 

I stay until the end of a session. I help people with other trophies/games when they deserve to be helped, e.g. people who are respectful (and nice), follow the rules, and who stays until the end of a session/everybody gets the trophies they are aiming at.

Edited by Deceptrox

I helped a friend get the red dead poker trophy after I had it. I actually got a nice message from one of the boosters in that session thanking me for organizing it.

I am not a trophy hunter though so I continue to play my games after getting 100% (I'm not claiming all hunters stop after 100%) and if I help anyone with a trophy along the way it would be nearly impossible for me to notice it.

Sounds like a copout but for me it's really a case of "I would if I could"- I have terrible internet so grinding out the trophies myself is hair-ripping at the best of times. But if I get an elusive online trophy I am more than happy to help anyone else in the session get it too for as long as they are willing. Case in point- AC: Brotherhood and Batman: Arkham Origins were grindfests and once the lovely trophies dinged mid-session I could have high tailed it but I owed it to the good people playing with me to help them out too. If I get better internet I'll go back and assist with those AC:B trophies for a few sessions, I know how shit getting those trophies were and how dependent I was on the kindness of the lovely people here on PSN Profiles- some of whom HAD gotten the trophies already. I will pay it forward.

Yeah if I've still got the game. I know this lad who I helped with R&C full force frontal. I didn't have a save but I made a new game and played  it through the game solo again to upgrade to the maximum so I could help him... He also helped me with the Rise of the Tomb raider Co-Op DLC :)

Yup, even years after plat like with Demon's Souls. I loved Demon's Souls so much that I made a plat character to help people out even after I love my save due to ylod. I'll also help with Warhawk, Bioshock 2, Injustice, USF4...I never sell games. I help with almost anything I can. The only thing I don't help people with are uber grinds unless it's for friends.

• Like 1

Depends on the game and depends on who's asking. I did the Landmark Tour in The Crew (which nets you the Enduring Spirit trophy) with someone I know, even though I already had the trophy and the tour takes about four hours of non-pausable racing, because I like the game and because I think the Landmark Tour is too cool to just grind out on your own - you should have other players you know driving along with you, commenting on stuff.

I'm inclined to help people I know even if I didn't like the game and I'm inclined not to help random people I don't know who message me on PSN. Doesn't help that they mostly message me about games I haven't touched in months, and that I often have gotten rid of these games already.