Mizztec

Do you continue to help people long after getting platinum?

66 posts in this topic

If it's a friend, sure. Some random person I don't know? Nope.

It varies.

If it's a friend and they've helped me out and they're fun to play with then yeah sure.

If it's a random, depends - if the game doesn't take very long and they have something to offer like helping me boost on a game in return then yeah sure. But otherwise, no.

:)

I do sometimes it all depends really not going to help with lets say getting someone max rank or doing something long and tedious but if its reasonable why not :)

To friends is the answer yes to strangers no.  I live my life with the principle that nothing in life should be for free. I don't like it when i am not paid for my work and vice versa. When boosting or helping with trophies both partys should be rewardet.

abosuletly, yes...I'm big into charity both inside and outside of gaming...i do sometimes ask people to wait a few days/weeks/months if what they're asking involves a lot of time and I'm busy with my own life and games...also not a fan of "yo bro, help me with (game/trophy name) bro" and tend to just ignore such requests...as a general rule, if a person can't be bothered to even attempt showing a minimal amount of courtesy/class to someone they don't know, I'm not going to bother spending any time on them either...it's even worse if they have this entitled attitude just because I've helped one of their friends...it's like "yo, I'm not a volunteer prostitute, bro"...haha...

online co-op has been one of the greatest innovations in gaming imo...so much so, i've actually built my psn friends list around people I share this mentality with...so many good games with awesome co-op features out there that I'm happy to return to...in the case of gta iv, I love the ftc missions so much I'll actually browse the sessions here regularly, offering my help...I get to play and be helpful in a game I really enjoy in a manner I enjoy, speedrunning the missions, and others get to earn their trophies and hopefully find them enjoyable at the same time as well...everyone walks away satisfied...

also worth noting that to me charity = free or not at all...things tend to get messy when money is involved and I earn more than enough as it is...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Suuure why not I got enough backlogs to play.

But it really depends, if it's completely random I probably like to get to know them first, at least have a feeling so-so isn't a complete dic. 

I generally don’t make a habit of it but lately I’ve been helping out several people with the Max Payne 3 online since the servers are shutting down in a couple weeks. 

No.  Only close friends I keep.  I play a bit of MMOs so I'm always adding players (and accepting FRs) so we can accomplish goals, but other than that, I normally delete them unless they mention a game that I might play in the future.

As in boosting for MP games?  No way.  I was miserable trying to earn the few achievements/trophies I have that required MP and that's why I avoid those games now.

Now as in stuff like answering questions on forums and such?  Gladly will help to the best of my ability in providing info and tricks I figured out, especially for games that are more niche or obscure and don't have trophy guides.  I really wish sometimes this site would let me write guides for single trophies since I'm usually not into writing something for a whole game and many games only really need a guide for a couple of trophies or general tips to help people get the hang of the mechanics.

When it comes to games I've already finished, I generally only help people that I've known for a long time. When it comes to boosting trophies I generally stick around until everyone has what they got. Since I finished Red Dead Redemption I've mostly deleted the people I've boosted with, since we generally don't play the same games afterwards.

If I'm in a boosting group i will help until everyone has what they need. If someone has helped me i will help them when they need. Also i don't mind helping anyone if its something quick like 5-10min, and if its long it would have to be something i enjoy like a Zombies EE. 

Only in games that I enjoy immensely and only for friends. Apex Legends, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are notable examples.

Depends on the game, but for the most part, yes. Resogun is a prime example where I've helped countless people for over three years. I still enjoy the game, and that's all that matters.

Edited by MrGarland