Can i play Japanese games on my EU account on vita?

Sjwenke

Nope. Your account on the vita is tied to the console. Whatever you buy on the account, you have to play on that account. There's no way to swap. If you bought something on a Japanese account you'd have to delete your EU account from your vita or swap memory cards and play it on the Japanese account.

EDIT: assuming you are talking about digital games of course!

Edited by SkyMason

Yes you can, as long as you use actual PSV game cards.  Japanese games can be bought from amazon or amiami for EU.

All update will be automatically installed, but you won't be able to access all DLCs, permanently.  

Thanks for the fast replies..

I searched also for some answers on the internet. What if i delete my EU account en instal my Japanese one. Then i download the games i want on memorycard and reinstal my EU account. Will this help? 

13 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

Nope. Your account on the vita is tied to the console. Whatever you buy on the account, you have to play on that account. There's no way to swap. If you bought something on a Japanese account you'd have to delete your EU account from your vita or swap memory cards and play it on the Japanese account.

That's not entirely accurate. You account is tied a memory card. 

2 minutes ago, Sjwenke said:

Thanks for the fast replies..

I searched also for some answers on the internet. What if i delete my EU account en instal my Japanese one. Then i download the games i want on memorycard and reinstal my EU account. Will this help? 

Each memory card can only have one account tied to it, which must match the account currently on your Vita. Your scenario will not work.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That's not entirely accurate. You account is tied a memory card. 

Each memory card can only have one account tied to it, which must match the account currently on your Vita. Your scenario will not work.

Oh to bad. Thanks

37 minutes ago, Sjwenke said:

Oh to bad. Thanks

Yeah, this is one of the issues with Vita for me. :( If that wasn't enough, there's often games, or especially DLCs not released in my country, even if it is released in great parts of Europe.

Edited by MMDE

Digital: No (you have only access to the PSN store of the country your account is registered)

Retail/disc: Yes, you can buy them on amazon even (quite expensive though, I can say from expierience)

DLC: No, DLC is region locked and as mentioned above, you only have access to the PSN store your account is registered in

36 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nope, you can't, only I have the privilege :awesome: 

Oh, we would wish. 

If by some miracle Sony ever makes a new handheld, this should be a priority. 

Or would be wise Sony could just made an update if it's possible to let that happen where even if they thought of making another handheld not going to work well where I prefer staying as is, and continue getting more support of making Vita great again instead of releasing another handheld that will fail even more.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r