NOOOO!!! Zico Trophy from WipEout HD IS BACK!

@CerealEnthusiast Elite Campaign Legend is getting every gold medal on Elite difficulty in HD and Fury campaigns.

2048 has its own trophy for Elite Pass every event. I don't think that you require to Elite Pass all A+ challenges since it was the same on the original Vita version. But anyway, I did Elite Pass everything for the sake of reaching Rank 50 faster.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

17 hours ago, CerealEnthusiast said:

Ok wait, for the Elite Campaign Legend, you need to get a gold medal in every fucking cell for all 3 campaigns? (so elite pass even all the A+ challenges for 2048?).

I can't tell if 2048 is required for elite campaign legend (I've played hd->2048->fury), but A+ are not required

51 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

@CerealEnthusiast Elite Campaign Legend is getting every gold medal on Elite difficulty in HD and Fury campaigns.

2048 has its own trophy for Elite Pass every event. I don't think that you require to Elite Pass all A+ challenges since it was the same on the original Vita version. But anyway, I did Elite Pass everything for the sake of reaching Rank 50 faster.

Oh ok thank you, I wasn't sure (because fuck those A+ challenges, some of them are just ridiculous, the AI is fucking insane).

Okay, I decided to jump ahead and attempt this EVIL Zico trophy for the second time! The barrel rolls come out, I learned that I can cancel a lap (hold L1 for 3 seconds ) and get my boost back so I don't have to waste two laps.

After 8 years, I totally forgot why I hated this trophy so much back to PS3. That. God! DAMN! LITTLE JUMMMP!!!! Before the tight shortcut! ? How many times I tried to execute barrel rolls but 90% of the times I fail to make it work?!!! I can do everything else perfectly but THIS jump screws everything up! I do left right left right like a maniac, the barrel roll motions late and failed. I do left right left right ahead of the jump, doesn't do anything. I even do it correctly but I fall off-track. I could take some distance from the shortcut and barrel roll and steer left at the same time but I fear to fall. Who designed this damn jump?! There must be something wrong with my damn approach with this jump... or is it that lost some skills for this trophy.

I wish that in the PS4 button assignment you can make it possible to do barrel rolls in one single input...

Edited by Maxie Mouse

4 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Okay, I decided to jump ahead and attempt this EVIL Zico trophy for the second time! The barrel rolls come out, I learned that I can cancel a lap (hold L1 for 3 seconds ) and get my boost back so I don't have to waste two laps.

After 8 years, I totally forgot why I hated this trophy so much back to PS3. That. God! DAMN! LITTLE JUMMMP!!!! Before the tight shortcut! 1f621.png How many times I tried to execute barrel rolls but 90% of the times I fail to make it work?!!! I can do everything else perfectly but THIS jump screws everything up! I do left right left right like a maniac, the barrel roll motions late and failed. I do left right left right ahead of the jump, doesn't do anything. I even do it correctly but I fall off-track. Who designed this damn jump?! There must be something wrong with my damn approach with this jump... or is it that lost some skills for this trophy.

I wish that in the PS4 button assignment you can make it possible to do barrel rolls in input...

You don't actually need that shortcut barrel roll for the trophy, I never managed it and still got the trophy on PS3.

4 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

After 8 years, I totally forgot why I hated this trophy so much back to PS3. That. God! DAMN! LITTLE JUMMMP!!!! Before the tight shortcut! 1f621.png How many times I tried to execute barrel rolls but 90% of the times I fail to make it work?!!! I can do everything else perfectly but THIS jump screws everything up! I do left right left right like a maniac, the barrel roll motions late and failed. I do left right left right ahead of the jump, doesn't do anything. I even do it correctly but I fall off-track. Who designed this damn jump?! There must be something wrong with my damn approach with this jump... or is it that lost some skills for this trophy.

I wish that in the PS4 button assignment you can make it possible to do barrel rolls in input...

It's not that difficult. Just takes some practice to pull it off consistently. Just keep at it!

Just now, Maxie Mouse said:

How then? Where another barrel roll?

You do the one at the start using your boost, then when you land you're able to do a second one, and then you get a third one by falling off the shortcut early and landing on a set of boostpads.

With a good racing line, 3 barrels rolls is enough. There's even videos of someone doing it with 0 barrel rolls.

9 hours ago, madbuk said:

There's even videos of someone doing it with 0 barrel rolls.

This guy must be Level Asian! ?

EDIT: YEEEES!!! O_O Oh my damn YES! I just beat this a**hole Zico twice in my life! Screw you Zico! You loser!

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

The rarity of this plat is getting more and more depressing... 1f61e.png

I hope the game owners increases cause the difficulty of this plat does not represent the rarity percentage in the slightest

It's probably not going to remain ultra rare unless it's given away on PS Plus like the first two games. Both Zico trophies are already over 6% and they were among the rarest in their original games.

Most people playing are probably familiar with the series and know what to expect, so it'll only go up from here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

The rarity of this plat is getting more and more depressing..1f61e.png

I hope the game owners increases cause the difficulty of this plat does not represent the rarity percentage in the slightest

I wouldn't worry about that too much.  Just play the game for fun, or in your case masochism it seems.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

It's probably not going to remain ultra rare unless it's given away on PS Plus like the first two games. Both Zico trophies are already over 6% and they were among the rarest in their original games.

Most people playing are probably familiar with the series and know what to expect, so it'll only go up from here.

Yeah. A harder trophy list don´t neccesarily mean it will be rarer consider it already had 2 installments. People are already familiar with everything the game has.

Its harder only for newcomers that never tried Wipeout HD or 2048.

8 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

To be fair the zone battles in fury and zone mode elite pass requirements are a lot harder than the zico trophies imo.

I think it'll stay UR but more likely un the 4% range.

Watching the video above I just noticed the player does no sideshifting at all. Is there no such thing in this version? Because in the original Wipeout HD, Beat Zico was practically impossible without mastering sideshifting. I had tons of fun with the original version and will definitely try and Platinum this one as well. You can call me a masochist if you like, but I actually love hotlapping :lol: I just started playing Wipeout 2048 on the Vita and will complete that before eventually getting into this. However, thankfully there is no Bling Brigade trophy to worry about. Although a trophy like that would be relatively easy to get in a game that has just been released, compared to the agony you have to go through in order to find 7 other players for a race in Wipeout HD in 2017...

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover
because I can
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 9:47 PM, xZoneHunter said:

To be fair the zone battles in fury and zone mode elite pass requirements are a lot harder than the zico trophies imo.

I think it'll stay UR but more likely un the 4% range.

I fucking knew they made them harder. 

I Elite Passed all the standard events in 2048 and don't remember them requiring fucking 60. I mean for god sake that's close to the solitary Zone trophy. 

4 hours ago, Pixel-DRAGON- said:

I'm sure that somewhere you love it that they made the 2048 zone events harder :)

They probably did it instead of Zone Zeus trophy from HD. And i can say that beating that one trophy or these zones on elite pass are almost same difficulty.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:24 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

I fucking knew they made them harder. 

I Elite Passed all the standard events in 2048 and don't remember them requiring fucking 60. I mean for god sake that's close to the solitary Zone trophy. 

I did 2048 pretty recently and I definitely remember having to do 60 zones for one event at least. That's what made the Zone trophy so much simpler to get compared to Zone Zeus - you're so close by the time you do that one event, the zone trophy might pop naturally if you don't commit suicide because you got an elite pass.

14 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I did 2048 pretty recently and I definitely remember having to do 60 zones for one event at least. That's what made the Zone trophy so much simpler to get compared to Zone Zeus - you're so close by the time you do that one event, the zone trophy might pop naturally if you don't commit suicide because you got an elite pass.

They upped the requirements for 2048. You basically have to get to wave 60/65/70 on every track. Time trials are also more difficult than on the vita.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

They upped the requirements for 2048. You basically have to get to wave 60/65/70 on every track. Time trials are also more difficult than on the vita.

Yet, it felt that they lowered AI skill in both HD and Fury, even on Elite! I have done every HD gold medals on Elite without any effort... I feel soooo disappointed, I expected the same degree of challenge, a proud Platinum...

Edited by Maxie Mouse

9 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Yet, it felt that they lowered AI skill in both HD and Fury, even on Elite! I have done every HD gold medals on Elite without any effort... I feel soooo disappointed, I expected the same degree of challenge, a proud Platinum...

Weren't you raging at beat zico a few posts back? I thought that was a lot easier than any of the phantom races in HD. Especially sebenco climb is pretty brutal on phantom.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Don't tell me.. that you want to play the 2048 online campaign again? :D

That's what made the Vita 2048 so challenging, finding online players -_-

Edited by Pixel-DRAGON-