NOOOO!!! Zico Trophy from WipEout HD IS BACK!

5 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Weren't you raging at beat zico a few posts back? I thought that was a lot easier than any of the phantom races in HD. Especially sebenco climb is pretty brutal on phantom.

True. I haven't played the game for years and I couldn't figure out again how to beat Zico. Beating him gave me a big boost of determination I'd say. But honestly, I don't know if it's me who's just a half god or the AI skill in Omega Collection has been reduced, since I did beat almost everything in HD Campaign within a single try.

5 hours ago, Pixel-DRAGON- said:

Don't tell me.. that you want to play the 2048 online campaign again? :D

That's what made the Vita 2048 so challenging, finding online players -_-

No way! It was a pain when it implied to do kills for Elite Pass, you always prayed for getting Battle mode. It was a very long road.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2017 at 11:34 PM, xZoneHunter said:

Weren't you raging at beat zico a few posts back? I thought that was a lot easier than any of the phantom races in HD. Especially sebenco climb is pretty brutal on phantom.

Sebenco Climb is one of the few tracks you could go nuts with on barrel rolls. But when it came to phantom class elimination races without the pilot assist feature it got quite silly. That's still my favourite track though, by far.

22 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

But honestly, I don't know if it's me who's just a half god or the AI skill in Omega Collection has been reduced, since I did beat almost everything in HD Campaign within a single try.

How so? For all speed classes and race types? I remember having a hell of a problem beating anything on lower than rapier, especially on Sol 2. It'll be nice not to have to do all that again when I finally get the game.

18 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

Just got the trophy from Anulpha Pass and... just look at the time. :holy:

19390876_10207333339091407_4103632085433

Holy sh*t, that was tough (never played WipEout before). Please, tell me the second one is easier.

Congrats! I'd say the second is easier, yeah. HD took me 108 laps on PS4 even with prior experience on PS3, the new 2048 trophy took me 110 laps (obviously without any experience beforehand as its a new trophy) so at worst it's about on par. If you can manage HD I have no doubt you can manage 2048

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, madbuk said:

Congrats! I'd say the second is easier, yeah. HD took me 108 laps on PS4 even with prior experience on PS3, the new 2048 trophy took me 110 laps (obviously without any experience beforehand as its a new trophy) so at worst it's about on par. If you can manage HD I have no doubt you can manage 2048

Yep, just got the second one! Just as you said, it`s definitely much easier. I`m so glad I`m done with it. :shakefist:

19466286_10207336737536366_5782220300193

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

Wow, looks I was totally wrong about the platinum rarity...

Not really man, its more so the game owners... 139 people have platted this so far and that's not a big number by any means.

Whats silly is the 3000+ owners on here in comparison to the 300,000+ of HD alone. Yeah i know its been out for a lot longer but seriously? 1% of owners for a remastered package of all 3 games?

Edited by Demon--Prototype
  • Like 1

After all, most owners of the PS3 WipEout just got it for free. That game wasn't THAT big or popular at all sadly. People just grabbed it for free due to the PSN outage. That alone is, what made its trophies that rare. I got at least 5 friends who just grabbed it for that reason only (and because they already had the other offered games; so they weren't into WipEout anyway to begin with) and many were apparently frustrated with its difficulty.

Why is Omega not more successful? Because it's still just a game for the core WipEout fanbase. Because there are plenty of people whining, they won't buy a game they already paid for 9 years ago. Because some cheap neckbeards whine that they don't get discounts for already owning the old games. Because people don't want their completion percentage to drop due to too hard trophies. That were all reactions I read all over the internet, prior the game's release.

All that plays into why Omega's trophies are just gonna go up from here, IMO... unless maybe, we get Omega as part of PS+. That might bring down the rarity again. We'll see, I guess.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ShawnSandiego said:

After all, most owners of the PS3 WipEout just got it for free. That game wasn't THAT big or popular at all sadly. People just grabbed it for free due to the PSN outage. That alone is, what made its trophies that rare. I got at least 5 friends who just grabbed it for that reason only (and because they already had the other offered games; so they weren't into WipEout anyway to begin with) and many were apparently frustrated with its difficulty.

Why is Omega not more successful? Because it's still just a game for the core WipEout fanbase. Because there are plenty of people whining, they won't buy a game they already paid for 9 years ago. Because some cheap neckbeards whine that they don't get discounts for already owning the old games. Because people don't want their completion percentage to drop due to too hard trophies. That were all reactions I read all over the internet, prior the game's release.

All that plays into why Omega's trophies are just gonna go up from here, IMO... unless maybe, we get Omega as part of PS+. That might bring down the rarity again. We'll see, I guess.

I wasn't aware that HD was free at some point, i guess that explains the numbers. Real shame though, this franchise is a masterpiece! Iv always been about completion and knew about the difficulty but still hit it up, cause i don't mind investing countless hours into a game that is this good!

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm really not surprised at the rarity of the platinum either. WipEout is pretty niche nowadays, so I feel like most people who bought the collection really enjoy the game and are more likely to get the platinum, whereas HD was free on PS3 for a certain period of time. Also, the platinum trophy isn't that hard imo, and I'm not a god at the game by any means. I don't know how WipEout HD was given a 9/10 platinum difficulty rating, maybe because it was one of the first games with decently challenging trophies, but I thought it was a 7/10 in terms of difficulty and I'd probably give the same rating to this collection.

18 hours ago, KoopatroI said:

Yeah, I'm really not surprised at the rarity of the platinum either. WipEout is pretty niche nowadays, so I feel like most people who bought the collection really enjoy the game and are more likely to get the platinum, whereas HD was free on PS3 for a certain period of time. Also, the platinum trophy isn't that hard imo, and I'm not a god at the game by any means. I don't know how WipEout HD was given a 9/10 platinum difficulty rating, maybe because it was one of the first games with decently challenging trophies, but I thought it was a 7/10 in terms of difficulty and I'd probably give the same rating to this collection.

Highly subjective. I platted it too but I would also give it a 9/10. 2048 imo is not more than a 6 or a 7/10 

On 2017-6-10 at 10:19 PM, M1ck1 said:

If you have troubles i suggest shooting "wisely" and using the emp a lot. A good idea is also using the emp when you're about to approach the bomb in order to get that extra points.

To be honest I don't think detonator is that difficult at all (at least the scores on ps4, i never did on elite on ps3). I'd say the hardest ones from fury are some zone battles (I don't remember on what tracks). 

On ps4 its definitely a whole lot easier, I remember getting through all 14 levels without getting an elite medal, and now on ps4 I got half the points for the requirement at 5-7 laps.

• 3 weeks later...

After 7 years of no wipeout I thought I'd never be able to do the trophies again due to age/reflexes etc. I've been playing on an alt account and only took me about an hour or two to get Zico HD, at an even better time than on I did back on PS3. I remember doing 500 laps or something using only 3 barrel rolls because I couldn't even do one onto the slim pass. I'm even landing that pretty consistently now. Love the improved graphics on PS4 Pro. The capture doesn't show the trophy popping, but it did.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm getting old and I found this hard. I did it on the PS3 with the exact time of 30.82 seconds but I can't remember how many days or how long it took.

Onto the PS4 and my thought was "it wasn't too bad I can do it again". Haha. What I had forgot about is just how difficult it is to barrel roll onto that ledge. I'd guess I was hitting it 1 out of 15 times.

Then I had a light bulb moment and picked up my arcade stick unused after finishing the Street Fighter trials and now getting dusty.

Now I could barrel roll roughly 1 of 3 but couldn't control the ship, flying off in all directions. I kept practicing, switching between the controller and arcade stick three times in the 3 hours this took.

When I finally did this I thought I'd screwed it up after catching the side after the second barrel roll. Not only that I had it in my head it was 30.68 I needed to beat so was surprised when the trophy popped.

Here is my lap courtesy of share play. Absolutely love this feature

Edited by FawltyPowers

• 3 months later...
On 28/06/2017 at 3:03 PM, Demon--Prototype said:

I wasn't aware that HD was free at some point

It was one of the games Sony had offered after the PSN was hacked and down for several weeks in 2011.

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for Offtopic, but I really do not want to open a new thread for it.

A few weeks ago, I've read that the servers for WipeOut games will be closed at the end of march. Does this also affect the Omega Collection? Or is it still a safe buy?

On 5/31/2017 at 1:07 AM, Sergen said:

This wouldn't be the trophy I'm concerned about, I've fulfilled the requirement for it over 30 times now just for fun in racebox if I have nothing to do whatsoever. The thing that'll frustrate me whenever I decide to go for the platinum again would be doing Elite Campaign Legend because of Meltdown on Elite but when I decide to do it, I don't expect much of a struggle because WipEout HD in particular is a big joke in comparison to Gran Turismo 5. 

is there any game that ur NOT good at??

1 hour ago, Mori-101 said:

Sorry for Offtopic, but I really do not want to open a new thread for it.

A few weeks ago, I've read that the servers for WipeOut games will be closed at the end of march. Does this also affect the Omega Collection? Or is it still a safe buy?

It's only affecting the PS3 version, the Omega Collection is safe.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Wtf is up with the barrel roll mechanic?  I went at beat zico trophy and the barrel rolls don't work 85% of the time. I don't usually mind challenging stuff but I'm ready to give up on this already. 

Is there a way to more consistently do barrel rolls? 

9 hours ago, x7eight said:

Wtf is up with the barrel roll mechanic?  I went at beat zico trophy and the barrel rolls don't work 85% of the time. I don't usually mind challenging stuff but I'm ready to give up on this already. 

Is there a way to more consistently do barrel rolls? 

It's a relatively quick motion. I recommend using the analog stick if you aren't already (Way better control over the ship in general).

One easy way to get them to come out is rolling the stick in a quick 360 (It could throw off your line a bit, though). I'd only use that for big jumps where you get a lot of air usually.

The only other thing is to just practice doing it. Do a time trial on a track that has some jumps and just practice the input - Left > Right > Left, or Right > Left > Right. I don't have much trouble with them, but I've also been playing the series for nearly 30 years - and they were difficult at the start. Even today I still screw up the input and they don't come out, but it's usually down to user error.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RHGSniperFox said:

It's a relatively quick motion. I recommend using the analog stick if you aren't already (Way better control over the ship in general).

One easy way to get them to come out is rolling the stick in a quick 360 (It could throw off your line a bit, though). I'd only use that for big jumps where you get a lot of air usually.

The only other thing is to just practice doing it. Do a time trial on a track that has some jumps and just practice the input - Left > Right > Left, or Right > Left > Right. I don't have much trouble with them, but I've also been playing the series for nearly 30 years - and they were difficult at the start. Even today I still screw up the input and they don't come out, but it's usually down to user error.

Thanks man, I managed go get it 71 laps after realising you can pitch your ship up or down, no wonder I wasn't able to do barrel rolls where everyone else was lol.

I should be good to go in regards to difficulty after getting the beat zico trophy right? 

45 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Thanks man, I managed go get it 71 laps after realising you can pitch your ship up or down, no wonder I wasn't able to do barrel rolls where everyone else was lol.

I should be good to go in regards to difficulty after getting the beat zico trophy right? 

You need to master all maps not only the one where the zico trophy was. So it can be sometimes hard on the highest difficulty.