MaxieM0us3

NOOOO!!! Zico Trophy from WipEout HD IS BACK!

111 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, szaleroPL said:

I would rather beat zico on every single fucking track than beating all campaigns on elite

God no! Chenghou Project would drive me mad.

7 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

God no! Chenghou Project would drive me mad.

If that's that's the map with the sharp u turn near start then yeah, idk how the Ai goes around so quickly, also the map with hills is a pos. Hope the other 2 campaigns are easier.

This game is kind of frustrating, the tracks are too narrow and you can never pass without hitting the guy in front and losing all your speed while giving them a boost.

17 hours ago, x7eight said:

If that's that's the map with the sharp u turn near start then yeah, idk how the Ai goes around so quickly, also the map with hills is a pos. Hope the other 2 campaigns are easier.

This game is kind of frustrating, the tracks are too narrow and you can never pass without hitting the guy in front and losing all your speed while giving them a boost.

That's exactly the map. It all comes down to skill but sometimes it also requires a lot of luck, especially if you are not a racing expert. Like me ;) Seriously though, I managed to get the platinum in the HD version on the PS3 and I barely felt that I was really good at it. Since you already got the Zico trophy I have no doubt that you will master the Elite Campaign as well.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, x7eight said:

Wtf is up with the barrel roll mechanic?  I went at beat zico trophy and the barrel rolls don't work 85% of the time. I don't usually mind challenging stuff but I'm ready to give up on this already. 

Is there a way to more consistently do barrel rolls? 

That's what frustrated me about it in 2011 but it was like 33% for me. Wish there was a button input to execute the roll instead.

I got the game free and thought it just okay, expected and wanted more loops and crazy tracks like Trackmania but most are just normal/ mundane for a game of this setup with ships and the setting.

Might go back and actually give it a solid try on PS3 now but probably not. 

I just got this trophy for the second time (got it on PS3 a few years ago). I did not find it easier the second time around. First, I forgot you could "invalidate" a lap to get your turbo item back, so every time I failed I ended up doing a full extra lap in order to have a turbo for the finish line. I kept failing because I usually missed a speed pad on the opening curve, or I messed up the second barrel roll inside the tunnel. 

Here's the tip that helped me the most: I noticed most of the videos have you take the first group of speed pads in a center-center-outside-outside pattern, but I found that going center-center-inside-outside made the racing line shorter, made me less likely to clip the outside wall, and put me at a better angle to nail the upcoming double barrel roll you need to pull off. Once I started doing that, I reliably got the first half of the course down, and then it was just a matter of getting lucky with the third barrel roll jumping up onto the elevated lane. I got the trophy 7 laps later.

The campaign on Elite has been toned down (significantly) in difficulty compared to the ps3 version, so if you've done it there, there's no doubt u'll be able to do it on the Omega Collection

For the Zico on Anulpha its just practice over & over, dont forget to pull up the nose before that 3rd br, if you've been able to do it but end up falling off u can sideshift left quickly once u br'ed since that most likely will hold u on track

The 2048 campaign is fairly easy compared to the HD part, there's only 2 or maybe 3 nodes that'll need some luck

Also... For the a+ trophy, use AG Sys speed, regardless of which track no other ship will give you the ability to take up the corners at this speed class, you'll quickly realise using this ship its waaaaay easier than any other

Thats all about the help i can think of really 

For Zico HD. Do I use the HD Piranha or the Fury one? Or doesn’t it make a difference? I’ve been using the Fury one and I’m at 31.29 right now, although I missed 1 speed pad. Just wondering if the HD one is better.

Edit: Lol. Tried the HD one. Did it on lap 10 already 😁. 

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

I've recently completed this collection, and I do not concur with this being the hardest trophy in the collection (and series from what I've seen).

Within the first 30 minutes of playing the game, I got these 2 trophies within a half hour. They are by far the easiest things to do in the game, you just need some practice and muscle memory to accomplish this. My only advantage is knowing the path to take and where to barrel roll and use speed pads in conjunction with side shifting. Piloting your ship is one thing but course knowledge is how you beat the time with ease. 

Started this game at the weekend and jumped right into that challenge and managed to get a 30:84! And now I can't beat my ghost anymore :) I am getting too old for this...