10,000 Kills / Level 50 / Infernal difficulty tips

fbdbh

I've read the trophy guides but found them a bit vague in some areas, and I wanted to expand on some of the most frustrating and difficult trophies for those who are struggling (or just starting the game). So here's my tips.

First order of business: register on ResidentEvil.net. This is essential. It's best if you find buddies.

Campaign:

Despite what the guides say, start on casual, do a fast walkthrough and save up ammo for New Game+. You'll have tons of ammo and you'll need it. You'll not save much ammo on normal. Get the "kill Racher before the cafeteria" and "defeat the Malacoda without rocket launcher" trophies first. You won't be able to lower the difficulty even if you manage to save every episode on different slots.

Your second playthrough should be on New Game+, this time go for all the collectibles and be as thorough as you can, and do the "without dying" trophy by NOT pushing yes on continue (see the guides). Before the Malacoda fight the last opportunity to use the weapon stash is after you carried the injured Parker for a while. It's important.

Use your knowledge and conserved ammo for the Norman fight, and bring a Rocket Launcher if you can. Also, your site buddy should send you supplies if you're stuck from ResidentEvil.net.

Raid Mode:

10,000 Kills - You can track your progress on ResidentEvil.net, but what I found is that none of the stats are exactly correct. "Enemies defeated" is wrong, even if you substract the campaign kills. For a better stat, go to "Creatures", and add up all the individual kills and then subtract the campaign kills (for two walkthroughs there should be around 600 kills to substract). This should be an accurate number of your kills in Raid Mode.

Also, there seems to be an interesting thing about the numbers here that the creature counter can't exceed 999. So if you kill 999 regular hunters, no matter how much you kill more, it won't count. So diversify, because you might be killing enemies to no avail. Grind Terragrigia 1 and Snowy Mountain 2 on Trench when you finished with everything else, but move away from them if you see the regular Hunter and Fenrir counters stuck at 999.

Maybe it's not what's causing my 10,000 kills trophy to delay, but I suspect so (some people Steam threads share my suspicions). 

Level 50 - Go for the 10,000 kills first, and grind Ghost Ship. The best way to gain massive amounts of XP is lowering your level to 40 and find a level 50 player who's willing to run for you.

-

I'm starting to go mad because of these last two trophies, and I think I wasted a lot of time already (and my kill count is nowhere near 10,000), so I hope this helps a bit.

Edited by fbdbh

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

For the 10.000 kills there is an easy tip. Go to RE.NET and in the menu of the game go to creatures. Count the kills in CAMPAIGN, not Raid. Once you count the total kills in CAMPAIGN, go to the OVERALL in the first page of the game in RE.NET and make the following calculation. For example, I did 2000 kills in Campaign and I have 7.000 in the Overall. So make Overall-Campaign. This is 5000. So make 10000-5000 and here you have the kills in Raid. It worked. I got the trophy after the kills I needed.

The best way to get money and EXP in a short period of time is set up yourself in level 17 and repeat over and over level 2 in Trench (The beach). You will kill 19 creatures and get the Trinity Bonus over there. It is easy once you have level and good weapons. So after one hour, you will do in a easy way around 200-250 kills, 20.0000 EXP and 30.0000 BP each game to waste in the shop. You can finish the stage in 3 minutes. So loading times and fill the bullets it is around 5 minutes. 

Good trick. Believe me.

Edited by stiviwonderstif
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I still have some doubts about the 10.000 kills trophy. In my RE.NET page, I can see these stats at the main screen: RE.NET. If I understand correctly I have 862 kills counting towards the trophy right? So I don't need to go to the creatures menu, count the kills in the campaign and subtract later.

Another thing is: I play mostly offline. Without an internet connection. Do my offline kills count towards the trophy since I am not connected to the RE.NET to upload my kill count?

It would be so satisfying if we had counters on trophies progress...

Edited by Ravers

On 5/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, Ravers said:

I still have some doubts about the 10.000 kills trophy. In my RE.NET page, I can see these stats at the main screen: RE.NET. If I understand correctly I have 862 kills counting towards the trophy right? So I don't need to go to the creatures menu, count the kills in the campaign and subtract later.

Another thing is: I play mostly offline. Without an internet connection. Do my offline kills count towards the trophy since I am not connected to the RE.NET to upload my kill count?

It would be so satisfying if we had counters on trophies progress...

Offline kills count.

But as I wrote previously, there is a sort of bug or something that if you reach an X amount of one creature, maybe 1000?, then that creature's kills won't count or something. So whatever you do, just don't kill the same types of enemies forever. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Im most certainly worried about this one. The RE.net page doesnt show I reached lv50 (it got stuck on 43), plus, I started the game without sharing my info and many of my rounds were offline ( I stil have like 3.000 kills on Re.net though) so I really have no way of knowing know how long until 10.000 xD

5 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Im most certainly worried about this one. The RE.net page doesnt show I reached lv50 (it got stuck on 43), plus, I started the game without sharing my info and many of my rounds were offline ( I stil have like 3.000 kills on Re.net though) so I really have no way of knowing know how long until 10.000 xD

Just make sure you don't kill more than 999 of a certain enemy, because after that they might not count. Unconfirmed, but RE.net stops tracking individual monsters after 999 and I got the trophy after a long Hunter grind, after I switched to another map. Suspicious.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, fbdbh said:

Just make sure you don't kill more than 999 of a certain enemy, because after that they might not count. Unconfirmed, but RE.net stops tracking individual monsters after 999 and I got the trophy after a long Hunter grind, after I switched to another map. Suspicious.

I just logged into my RE.net account and I can confirm that now it tracks when it's more than 999. I currently have 1018 Ooze kills, so maybe that shouldn't be a problem anymore?

To be honest I'm not even sure the website and console trackers are the same.. but better safe than sorry, I guess.

Edited by GUUUUU2099

• 2 months later...

Another forum site confirmed it half a decade ago, but I'd like to confirm it here for future viewers since I've still seen people discuss this notion: I can confirm that killing the same enemy type repeatedly will not bar you from obtaining the 10,000 Kill trophy. While the website does indeed stop tracking kills for subcategories past 999, it will still be counted towards the total.

The disparity between the 10,000 target and what others have had to kill in order to pop this trophy leads me to believe that either certain enemy types don't count at all towards this shoddy count (which ones, who knows), or if the website itself is just giving incorrect numbers. I really do think that the website is incredibly misleading for the PS3 version, because the total kill count on the Overview tab directly beneath the playtime has such a huge difference from kill counts that are meant to separated by the difficulties. While the amount of times I've played through Chasm seems correct (187 times), there's absolutely no way I'm still stuck at 368 when right above, it tells me I have 11,594 overall. Even the kill count for the campaigns is incorrect, because it would have added up to 970, not 578.

Overall, it just seems to be a very glitchy trophy and truthfully should be marked as such on the trophy guides across the web, as I did not unlock it until I hit the mentioned 11,594 mark midway through Chasm Stage 16. It's just one of those "pray it pops soon" trophies, and every forum I've visited has shown that reaching 10,000 even without campaign kills added does not mean you'll get it to pop. I was worried I'd be getting into the 13,000 mark before it would show up, and I was already inching close to 12,000.

Best thing one can do is individually add up each and every kill you have gotten from the campaign subcategory on each enemy, and subtract it from the total that is shown on the Overview, and once you reach around the 10,000 mark without the campaign kills added, just pray and play until it decides to show up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit of an older thread but I don't want to start a new one for a little question. 

How in the HELL do you add a buddy on the re site? (on mobile btw) I've finally found where to search for players but I've just spent the past hour trying to navigate this site/app. Is it not on the players profile?